CHANGES TO USER PERMISSIONS

rawTOP

• Administrators

I've changed the user groups up and it makes a difference to what you can do on the site. Basically "members" has been split into 3 groups:

1. New Members
  2. Members
  3. Trusted Members

New members can do very little on the site. They can only send a few messages, they can only post a few posts. They can rate only a few items. "New" is defined by a few things – length of time since you joined, how many posts you've made, and how those posts have been rated. Being low on any of those will make you a "New Member".

Members are those who have been here a while, done a bunch of posts, and had them well-received.

Trusted members are people who have been here a long time, done a lot of posts, and had them well-received. If a trusted member stops being active on the site eventually they will get demoted down to member, but actively participating will get them back to Trusted Member status.

Notice that "well-received" is a criteria in all the statuses. This means that down voting a post can slow a person down in achieving the next highest status. So those of you who are long-time members with the ability to do a fair number of ratings, please use that to slow down potentially problematic members.

As you go up in status you can

• Post more posts
  • Rate more things
  • Upload bigger images and files
  • Have more galleries with more images
  • Have more blogs

In addition, moderators will be more lenient as your status goes up. This will be especially true for Trusted Members – the points they'll be given will be lower, and hence the consequences less.

One change that's been made across the board is that everyone can now delete their own images, galleries and blogs. (I finally got past a problem that was preventing me access to the settings that control that). That will reduce the workload on moderators.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

I’d like no more “Sorry, you can’t like any more posts today” screens please

Yeah, sorry. You be in "Members" not sure why you're showing as "New Members".

I just changed a few things. Hopefully the system works now. Though it's not quite set up how I'd like at the moment. But one step at a time (and no guarantee that I won't mess it up in the future when I try to "improve" things).

• Upvote 1

Guest bbffassslut
1 hour ago, Pozlover1 said:

I’d like no more “Sorry, you can’t like any more posts today” screens please

I am also getting this. As a member how many likes can I do in a 24 hour period?

Guest BritBottom

Seems I am a 'New Member' so now my options are reduced.

The definition for the various levels of status are given as:

"length of time since you joined, how many posts you've made, and how those posts have been rated"

Are you able to say exactly what the criteria are for the different levels?

Similarly, what are the specific limitations as to the numbers of posts and ratings etc that each level is permitted?

Frankly, I joined because of the ability to interact freely - if that is gone I can't really see the advantage over the 'guest' status.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, BritBottom said:

Seems I am a 'New Member' so now my options are reduced.

The definition for the various levels of status are given as:

"length of time since you joined, how many posts you've made, and how those posts have been rated"

Are you able to say exactly what the criteria are for the different levels?

Similarly, what are the specific limitations as to the numbers of posts and ratings etc that each level is permitted?

Frankly, I joined because of the ability to interact freely - if that is gone I can't really see the advantage over the 'guest' status.

Length of time since you joined is the reason you're not a full member. I'm not going to state the criteria because spammers/hackers could use that information.

I'll put in a different case to deal with folks like you – it will lower the time limit and up the other criteria. You'll be close, but not quite at the limits I'm thinking of.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ConversionPiglet said:

Question:  without posting somewhere to see what your rating is, is there anywhere were we on can go to see what our rating is currently?

I see mine under my screen name next to my profile pic. I can see yours too.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, bbffassslut said:

I am also getting this. As a member how many likes can I do in a 24 hour period?

Each day (or 24 hour period, not sure which)…

• New Members can do 8 posts, 5 ratings, and start 3 conversations in messenger
  • Members can do 25 posts, 10 ratings, and start 25 conversations in messenger
  • Trusted Members can do an unlimited number of posts, 30 ratings, and start 50 conversations in messenger

I'm open to tweaking those settings if people can explain why it's a good idea.

As far as ratings, I'm thinking of putting New Members down to 0. If they don't know the feature exists, then they won't miss it. And the idea behind ratings is that established members (who define the community) say what's good and bad.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, rawTOP said:

As far as ratings, I'm thinking of putting New Members down to 0. If they don't know the feature exists, then they won't miss it. And the idea behind ratings is that established members (who define the community) say what's good and bad.

I would miss this feature. I use it. I'll probably always be a New Member because I don't post my own content. I do comment or yse the rating feature when something catches my eye.

• Like 1

Guest upset user

This makes it really difficult to improve your membership and to chat with others.  Especially when you can only send 3 emails in 24 hours and can't even reply to a moderator when you have a question about something because of the low limits.  

5 hours ago, rawTOP said:

Each day (or 24 hour period, not sure which)…

• New Members can do 8 posts, 5 ratings, and start 3 conversations in messenger
  • Members can do 25 posts, 10 ratings, and start 25 conversations in messenger
  • Trusted Members can do an unlimited number of posts, 30 ratings, and start 50 conversations in messenger

I'm open to tweaking those settings if people can explain why it's a good idea.

These restrictions made it so I couldn't even reply to a moderator that gave me a penalty.  (3 emails in 24 hours)  This means that I don't have any idea what I posted in the wrong section.  The other restrictions make it relatively impossible for me to improve my rating.  I joined back in September, and between work and school, it has been difficult to take the time to enjoy this sight.  Now with the restrictions put in place (and I actually have time), I am thrown back to basics.  I had to sign out and reply to this as a guest so that I could post this message!!!  Very frustrating!!   I appreciate all that you are trying to do, but it does seem to have some consequences.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.