When will I be infectious?

LKMike

• Moderators

I cannot find any good information on this. I suspect it is because there are few cases where doctors have good information about the actual time of infection, so most studies are done based on the time of seroconversion. My best guess is that it would depend on the genome of the infecting virus and on the immune system of the person being infected, and that it is likely around the time of initial symptoms (2-6 weeks after infection) but could be before or after that. But that is definitely an educated guess. If you care, get a viral load test - there are reasonably good data about the relationship between viral load and infectiousness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is a good question. What exactly is the timeline for such a thing? We read stories with sex partners saying "their very last NEG load" right during the sex when they got a poz load. It hasn't had time to work its magic. He might still have a NEG one tomorrow, or the day after. There's no logical way it transforms you that instantaneously. I doubt even the superbugs do that so soon!

Prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Here’s the usual  timeline as I understand it. Your mileage may vary. The virus builds exponentially from infection. So it is possible but unlikely. The Fuck Flu is your body’s reaction to your antibodies, and the measurable presence of those  are what usually are used to determine “poz”. A more expensive test measures your viral load and can pick it up sooner. Your Viral Load (toxicity) peaks for a while around that time, and during this period of time infecting another person through anal sex is nearly a “one and done”. After a month give or take, your viral load levels off to less than a sure thing if you are trying to gift someone or keep from it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, LKMike said:

Thank you for the information.  My regular tops are all undetectable,  and I would not want to put them at risk.

If your regular tops are undetectable, you would not be putting them at any significant risk anyway, because they are already infected with HIV and already taking a multi-drug ART regimen.

From what I have read, that's true as long as it's the same strain. If it isn't, it could be really bad for them.

Thinking about it, there has to be one moment when your not, and the next you are. I am sure I am safe for now, just wondering if it happened,  when that tipping moment is.

I don't think there's a tipping point. You start off only slightly infectious then it increases till it peaks. It's a sliding scale, and at what point it becomes high enough to infect someone depends on a lot of other things.

• Upvote 1

I was told by an AIDS gifter that one is highly toxic when you seroconvert (fuck flu) which takes a few weeks after infection!  

If you choose not to take meds after Seroconversion, you should still be infectious!     The reason to start meds right away after infection is mostly to keep from spreading it!

Edited by kevy1109

All I know is firstly, from charts that have been published by Aids organisations on HIV progression to Aids, that the virus load gets high soon after infection, then drops dramatically as the body has some success in fighting it. But the virus strikes back, the VL load starting to rise slowly and surely, with rapid growth in years 8-10 out of the usual 10 years to Aids for normal HIV1. Faster for tge Cuban CRF19 strain, slower for HIV2.

Secondly, I know an unmedicated poz trans girl who was pozzed 1.5 years ago and she recently successfully pozzed a trans girlfriend chaser with just several fucks within a month. So this is a good indicator.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2