what is it like? there is no word to descrive how horrible it is

being poz sucks. i hate it and wish i could go back to being neg. i hate the whole poz culture and the glorification of it. in my opinion these are nothing but sick individuals who need lots of therapy and help. if being poz was a good thing why wouldnt everyone in the world run out and get poz as fast as they could? they dont cuz its not .. you guys all live in a delusion of your own sickness if you think anything about it is good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

To each their own, I guess. It may be sickness and/or delusion but it’s mine and the only person I’m harming is myself (if I get HIV, I don’t plan to spread it). In another post, someone talked about getting HIV making them feel complete – I agree with that for myself.

Hey SlampigcumdumpLA - at the moderators request I won’t share my opinion of you in the same manner you did. But I will tell you what POZ culture means to me:

Celebrating POZ fucking is how I claim my power, my agency over HIV. I will not be shamed because of my status by anyone, especially not by you. Far from it. I will proudly declare myself a big dicked POZ fucker looking to share my strain with a willing cunt and a greedy POZ fuckhole for use, eager to accept cum of either status from anyone man enough to claim my cunt.

Don’t like it, stick to the Hallmark channel for your entertainment needs. There’s probably a Meredith Baxter Burney Christmas movie on tonight. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, slampigcumdumpLA said:

being poz sucks. i hate it and wish i could go back to being neg. i hate the whole poz culture and the glorification of it. in my opinion these are nothing but sick individuals who need lots of therapy and help. if being poz was a good thing why wouldnt everyone in the world run out and get poz as fast as they could? they dont cuz its not .. you guys all live in a delusion of your own sickness if you think anything about it is good. 

If that is how you genuinely feel, then I am sorry for you as I hate to see anyone distressed or upset about anything . But there is a censorious tone to your post which, on this particular site, is at best undiplomatic and at worst offensive.

There is nothing horrible about my life. I have a very good and balanced one. To be frank, I barely notice my status at all. It is what it is. I didn’t seek it out but I was pretty certain it would seek me out eventually. So there it is. If the site offends you, perhaps it’s time to reassess if you wish to continue participating on it.

Edited by RawPlug
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Being HIV+ is rarely a concern for me anymore, it’s just not a 24/7/365 thought controlling factor having been diagnosed 20 years ago. The medication is one pill per day not an inconvenience at all. The only thing that concerns me is when other guys will avoid me because I honestly list my status as + while actively pursuing someone listed as -. I’ve known guys that will have unprotected sex with someone who declares themselves “negative” even though there is a chance that he may be lying or simply unaware of their actual status since their last test. I don’t understand the avoidance of an undetectable positive person in favor the unknowing negative person. While I refuse to hide my status from anyone it does appear that honesty is punished before a friendship can even get started. 

• Like 3

I think we need to redefine "feeling good about it" here. 

Dealing with being poz, for me, was a bit of a process.  Do I feel good these days?  Yes.  I define feeling good as being comfortable with managing my health; in a counterintuitive way, I deal with it far better after becoming poz than I was before.  If anything, I'm in overall better health after 9 poz years than I did in the preceeding 30+.  I was down a dark road emotionally prior to the diagnosis, and quite honestly it was the one thing that helped me get back on track.  It's not ideal, but I've often wondered where I'd be today had that diagnosis never happened.  Knowing where I was mentally back then, I'd still be addicted to drugs or worse - dead from them.  

I wonder if the O.P. is recently diagnosed and going through the same conflicting thoughts some of us had at the early stages.  After all, we've all dealt with our news differently, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions.  I certainly went through my share of depression in the initial stages of diagnosis.  I have very close friends who have been poz for decades, so I knew it wasn't the end of the world; however, I don't think (some of us) fully anticipate our own reactions when we're one-on-one in the doctor's office about how our lives are now different.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, LetsPOZBreed said:

After all, we've all dealt with our news differently, so I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

Hey mate. Thank you very much for the brief insight into your own journey. And what a real joy it is to witness someone step back and take a moment to carefully think why is someone in the place they are in right now. Endearing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, slampigcumdumpLA said:

What precisely are you struggling with in regards to being HIV Positive; is it money, shame, access to opportunities what exactly? I'm confused a bit as to your disdain for your status, and yet your screen name/handle says quite the contrary.

Drugs/ ART(antiretroviral therapy) can cost, but depending on where you're living, there are support structures available for those who cannot afford it and thus provide your ART for free. Being Infected with a Sexually transmitted infection isn't a glorifying thing. However, as a coping mechanism  people (read each of us as an individual) may choose to embrace this with any form of emotional/psychological solace they may need. So, if someone feels pride in it, in order to accept or cope with their situation, then is that not a good thing?

As for glorification, well, that depends on each user's reason for being on this particular website  - just wanna get off or learn something about themselves, or others....

I think you're hurting and you've every right in being upset. You cannot wish what cannot be put back in time. Time only moves forward. If it did go backwards, I'd be constantly changing my underwear....

Human Immune Virus is a virus, not unlike covid-19 just needs a bridge to pass from one host to another whether it be intentional or not. You may have made some unconscious decisions or you made some conscious decisions. You cannot change them, but don't hate yourself for these decisions. Maybe you didn't have enough information before this outcome, and that's unfortunate. It's good that you felt safe enough here on this site to vent your frustrations. I have a general disdain for non-centrist conservatives /republicans and Trump-minded folks. I vent it elsewhere. Everyone's response is going to be subjective based on their experience with this STI. Maybe some day in the future, this won't be a subject for discussion. For now, it still is.

I hope that you can hang around and share/elaborate more on your experience.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:14 AM, slampigcumdumpLA said:

I did not go out looking to get infected but with my lifestyle it was unavoidable. What I did was make the most out of being poz. I learned to live with it and learned to make the most of it. 
I wish I could live the same lifestyle and be negative but that’s not the hand I was dealt. 

whether or not you barely notice your poz status or it hasnt affected your life or so you think that is; it is a statement in fact that being poz is not good. i understand that some things are ways of coping or dealing with this and im not talking about that stuff. I am talking about glorification and active seeking of such a status. if you guys want to enlighten me maybe ill see it different once it is explained to me in more detail but anytime i say anything remotely anti poz on this site and everyone has a hissy fit. 

Scientifically, being HIV positive is a detrement to ones health and existance. I am not talking about you specifically because of course there are some who end up taking better care of their health because they are positive and thus live healthier lives, but im referring to the hypothetical senario where two people care forthemselves equally, the one who is poz will suffer a worse outcome, whether you measure that by financial hardship either for them, their family , or their community, a time sink, and subsequent health issues arising from being poz. 

i could rant about bug chasers, and the guys who are poud of being aids whores and on purpose have high viral loads and low cd4 counts, but their demise thankfully is immenent so i will leave them be. 

you know there is a space where bareback sex, cum, being a slut, slamming, etc is all really hot, feels really good and has no connection or need mention anything about all the risks one takes. i certainly dont get off on any of these because im i engaging in risky play, in fact that is what limits me from doing more. anyway. all in all i wish i could be neg, and would trade spots with anyone who is willign to so easily give up their neg status if it were possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The problem, as I see it, isn't "hissy fits" or simply not understanding the reality of the situation; it is that you are generalising everyone's experience through your own. 

You use a hypothetical argument despite a clear thread of accounts that show people's lived experience is often very different and contrary to your view.

I am poz. Undetectable and living the best life now I have ever lived. Before my diagnosis I was oblivious, I knew the risks of my behaviours but I had an attitude of, "well it only happens to other people." I was at that point naive to the point of stupidity and running towards edges without pause.

My diagnosis literally saved me.

The virus is under control and I have no health worries that do not effect everyone else. I have no side effects to the medication and because of regular screening and my own personal regime I am fitter and healthier than I have been in years. 

And yes, sex with me is safer than with many random hookups because I am a known quantity.  

For you it seems to be a millstone that you cannot shake off.  For me HIV infection has actually proved to be liberating. It's about perspective.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Loveitraw said:

The problem, as I see it, isn't "hissy fits" or simply not understanding the reality of the situation; it is that you are generalising everyone's experience through your own. 

You use a hypothetical argument despite a clear thread of accounts that show people's lived experience is often very different and contrary to your view.

I am poz. Undetectable and living the best life now I have ever lived. Before my diagnosis I was oblivious, I knew the risks of my behaviours but I had an attitude of, "well it only happens to other people." I was at that point naive to the point of stupidity and running towards edges without pause.

My diagnosis literally saved me.

The virus is under control and I have no health worries that do not effect everyone else. I have no side effects to the medication and because of regular screening and my own personal regime I am fitter and healthier than I have been in years. 

And yes, sex with me is safer than with many random hookups because I am a known quantity.  

For you it seems to be a millstone that you cannot shake off.  For me HIV infection has actually proved to be liberating. It's about perspective.

This times a million. 

• Like 2