Switching From Atripla to Biktarvy

On 9/19/2021 at 4:28 PM, TakingItDeep said:

I went Atripla - Genvoya - Biktarvy and it was fine BUT - I work out 6 days a week and my muscles got very very sore (creatine kinase level went through the roof) on the new Biktarvy so I moved to a new class of meds to get those issues fixed. Apparently those class of meds make some people who work sore, but it's not everyone. 

So you went from Biktarvy to ____(what)

9 hours ago, seattlebbbtm said:

My counts have been indistinguishable across all three meds

If you don’t mind my asking, what was your CD4 count when you began treatment, and what level have you been able to maintain across medications?

I started at an abysmal 49 and have gone up and down between 200 and 400 for the last seven years. None of the meds has been consistent in keeping the counts up - two tests ago my CD4 on Biktarvy tanked to 204 (that’s 4 points above AIDS diagnostic) but as of Monday’s result I’m back to 334. So go figure.

Edited by ErosWired
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

If you don’t mind my asking, what was your CD4 count when you began treatment, and what level have you been able to maintain across medications?

I started at an abysmal 49 and have gone up and down between 200 and 400 for the last seven years. None of the meds has been consistent in keeping the counts up - two tests ago my CD4 on Biktarvy tanked to 204 (that’s 4 points above AIDS diagnostic) but as of Monday’s result I’m back to 334. So go figure.

I started long ago at 220

I was started on Atripla in 2011 when I was diagnosed. Have since been moved to Dovato. I've gained like 30 pounds. Until I read this thread, I wasn't aware of the weight gain being because of the Dovato. Guess I need to speak with my Doc. I'm not happy about the extra weight. I went from 155 pounds to 185 pounds. I have a "dadbod" belly now that I don't appreciate in the slightest.

2 hours ago, RawBoTTom4Use said:

I was started on Atripla in 2011 when I was diagnosed. Have since been moved to Dovato. I've gained like 30 pounds. Until I read this thread, I wasn't aware of the weight gain being because of the Dovato. Guess I need to speak with my Doc. I'm not happy about the extra weight. I went from 155 pounds to 185 pounds. I have a "dadbod" belly now that I don't appreciate in the slightest.

I gained 30 pounds on Atripla. Plus, diabetes. It’s taken years to get that weight down to where I was pre-diagnosis, and my diabetic numbers have only just returned to the non-diabetic range. I don’t know whether the diabetes was med-induced, weight-induced or what. I do eat healthier now, as a result. Chasers take note - HIV = forced lifestyle changes. Yep.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

I gained 30 pounds on Atripla. Plus, diabetes. It’s taken years to get that weight down to where I was pre-diagnosis, and my diabetic numbers have only just returned to the non-diabetic range. I don’t know whether the diabetes was med-induced, weight-induced or what. I do eat healthier now, as a result. Chasers take note - HIV = forced lifestyle changes. Yep.

I wish threads like this were mandatory reading for chasers....

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, RawBoTTom4Use said:

Ask your I.D. doctor about Biktarvy