"POPPER NOSE"!!

URS2USE

6 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I’m afraid your ex’s daughter may have been confused. Vaseline does not open pores; on the contrary, it seals the skin with a barrier resistant to water - that’s how it helps with dryness. Vaseline may help to avoid direct contact with fluid and subsequent burning, but it isn’t going to do anything to enhance the ‘rush’.

Nor, indeed, could it - poppers are not absorbed through pores in the skin, but directly through respiration. No amount of pore-opening is going to make any difference. The ‘rush’ from poppers is the feeling of increased blood flow to the brain due to the relaxation of the tissue of the blood vessels.

To the OP: Yes, inhalation by mouth is just as effective. The entire point is to get the fumes into the lungs.

One thing to note regarding burns and headaches - these effects are reported to be much more common with formulations of poppers made with isopropyl nitrite, as opposed to isobutyl nitrite. Isopropyl is also demonstrated to cause eye damage. Avoid using Isopropyl-based poppers whenever possible.

yes, now that you have stated that I can completely understand, although it may have been me getting confused rather than her

18 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I’m afraid your ex’s daughter may have been confused. Vaseline does not open pores; on the contrary, it seals the skin with a barrier resistant to water - that’s how it helps with dryness. Vaseline may help to avoid direct contact with fluid and subsequent burning, but it isn’t going to do anything to enhance the ‘rush’.

Nor, indeed, could it - poppers are not absorbed through pores in the skin, but directly through respiration. No amount of pore-opening is going to make any difference. The ‘rush’ from poppers is the feeling of increased blood flow to the brain due to the relaxation of the tissue of the blood vessels.

To the OP: Yes, inhalation by mouth is just as effective. The entire point is to get the fumes into the lungs.

One thing to note regarding burns and headaches - these effects are reported to be much more common with formulations of poppers made with isopropyl nitrite, as opposed to isobutyl nitrite. Isopropyl is also demonstrated to cause eye damage. Avoid using Isopropyl-based poppers whenever possible.

Perhaps she meant Vicks instead of Vaseline? That really opens up the nasal passages 

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:42 AM, URS2USE said:

i will sometimes use "poppers" when getting barebacked by a bigger-than-normal cock, DP'd, gang banged and/or get fisted.  my problem is that i get the chemical burns from the "poppers" around my nostrils.  Not only does it hurt like Hell, but it can cause conversations, being so visible, now that mask-wearing has lessened.  Please...any suggestions on how to avoid "popper nose", but still be able to enjoy the benefits of "poppers"?

It got so bad I stopped using poppers

On 9/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, URS2USE said:

Thru my mouth...i'll have to try this.  Thru the mouth will still give me the same "buzz"?

One thing you may like. I used to get a clean old sock (some would prefer a dirty sock). I would up end the popper bottle on the end of the sock 2 to 3 times then roll the sock up so that the poppers are in the center. Then put the sock in your mouth and breath deeply through your mouth like your sucking air in. You'll get the fumes through the sock and this method can waste you FAST. I used to ram the largest thing I could in my horny cunt and suck in as much poppers as possible and I'd be trashed super fast. 🙂  Just a suggestion! 😄 Let me know if you try this and like it. 😄

• Piggy 2

• 7 months later...

Anyone else having issues with fake poppers/counterfeit stuff?  It's a waste of money and they are terrible. I go to one store for my poppers and so far mostly real stuff. I like Amsterdam and I know how it should be.  The high and the smell etc.  When I have gone to other xxx bookstores to purchase, it usually is crap.  Waste of money. Any thoughts?

By the way, I usually just wipe off the top of the popper bottle before I hit them.  Seems to get wet on the top and when your nose comes in contact you get "popper nose"  been there and done that.  But since I wipe the bottle top before every hit, I have not had that issue.

I was getting railed by a guy in a sling once and once he slowed down I pulled my bottle out to take a hit. He didn’t seem to notice and started fucking me again hard mid hit and almost the whole bottle spilled over chin and on my chest. We got it cleaned off pretty fast but still left a pretty awful burn that lasted for a week. Sucked. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, bihairy said:

Anyone else having issues with fake poppers/counterfeit stuff?  It's a waste of money and they are terrible. I go to one store for my poppers and so far mostly real stuff. I like Amsterdam and I know how it should be.  The high and the smell etc.  When I have gone to other xxx bookstores to purchase, it usually is crap.  Waste of money. Any thoughts?

I've noticed this too.  Where you buy them is as important as the brand.  Fort Troff used to sell/ship top quality poppers, but they stopped shipping a few years ago.  Luckily, a local leather/fetish shop near me sells good quality poppers.  The few times I've picked some up at the baths, they've been crap.