To much Illegal talk on here

Mcv69

2 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Childhood is a vital period of development that shapes the whole person to come, and you only get one shot at it. That’s why I tend to err on the side of zero tolerance for adult advances toward young people.

This. 

As you note: "...firm age markers are not always helpful."  But a society built on written laws has to do this none the less, and it makes sense to me that laws that protect children should "...err on the side of zero tolerance for adult advances toward young people."  

When i consider which would be more harmful, a kid who didn't have sex with and adult and may have liked or wanted it, or a kid who did have sex with an adult and it traumatized him/her,  it's clear to me that the latter group is who the laws should be written for.  

i'm very grateful for this community. As in any community, there are going to be those who don't promote the general welfare, but reading some of responses here makes me proud to be a member here. There are some beautifully thoughtful, vulnerable, real contributions on this site, and to me they are gold. There may be dross mixed in, but that doesn't make the gold only less gold. Hopefully discussions like this can help burn out some of that dross. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

When i consider which would be more harmful, a kid who didn't have sex with and adult and may have liked or wanted it, or a kid who did have sex with an adult and it traumatized him/her,  it's clear to me that the latter group is who the laws should be written for.  

It's also important to remember that the children themselves are NOT always the best judge of what they're ready for. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i'm very grateful for this community. As in any community, there are going to be those who don't promote the general welfare, but reading some of responses here makes me proud to be a member here. There are some beautifully thoughtful, vulnerable, real contributions on this site, and to me they are gold. There may be dross mixed in, but that doesn't make the gold only less gold. Hopefully discussions like this can help burn out some of that dross.

As am I.  Many excellent replies on a subject I have no personal knowledge of, and thus, no ability to respond, other than to offer this:  It's never good, decent, uplifting or tolerable to harm others, particularly kids; which protection must be and has long been codified into law.  

Thanks, all you guys who have replied to this.  

• Like 1

@ErosWired Thanks for your frank and open response.
It says a lot about the kind man you are, that you are not able to understand why some men could assault another man. 

I also hear you about and protecting your own two children, or taking revenge against male perverts if they'd been assaulted in some way. That's - I feel - a natural way to see this and makes you a good dad for your kids when they were growing up.

It is good for people reading this, to realise that the assaulters are not only men but women as well, and that a large number and perhaps the most number of cases involving child abuse happen within the home and family of the children in question. 

14 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

It's also important to remember that the children themselves are NOT always the best judge of what they're ready for. 

Excellent addition.
Even grown-ups often make bad choices but that's on their own head, but children deserve all of our protection to grow up without too much harm. 

It's probably best I don't have children of my own as my natural instinct would have been to protect them from everything until they were at least 23 years old, and having grown up neurotic because having been over-protected by their dad.