TTRPG-ers?

PendragonSpirit

And now for something a little different.

I've started seeing a lot more LGBTQ+ people in gaming spaces, which is honestly a pretty big relief. I always felt kind of like "the only gay" who would rather spend their weekends playing Dungeons & Dragons than going to a bar or club (unless I'm out cruising, of course.) 

So I'm kind of curious if any of my fellow pigs/sluts/however you define yourself here are also gamers. Tabletop, video games, card games, board games? What are your favorites? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, beefyinkedguy said:

i played d&d in college (30 years ago!) - would love to get back into it, but seems so daunting after all this time

It's surprisingly easy to dive back into, especially if you find an existing group who can help ease you into it. The newest edition (5th) simplifies and streamlines a lot of things that older additions... ah... didn't. Not that there aren't still a lot of rules, it is D&D after all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PendragonSpirit said:

... I always felt kind of like "the only gay" who would rather spend their weekends playing Dungeons & Dragons than going to a bar or club...

I hear ya, and general would rather be at a game than a bar anyway.  Video games, boardgames, and several TTRPGs are my prefer things. When not working or fucking my pig

• Like 1

What can I say, I hide my slutty gay self behind a veneer of nerd.  Sci-fi, fantasy, and lots of memorabilia.  I love gaming in general, I was raised with table top and board games of all kinds, special fondness for Heroquest, Space Hulk and D&D. Now much more of an online gamer but I love breaking out the dice when the opportunity arises.

I just tend to keep the gaming and the slutting separate to keep the straights comfortable 😉

• Like 1

I’m a gamer here.  Play D&D 5e.  Relatively new to ttrpgs (been playing about 4 years but it’s been challenging to actually do more than read sourcebooks the past 2). I have DM’d a bit,  and recently discovered roll20 so I’ve been able to be a player there.  
I’ve also started dabbling in MTG, Gloomhaven, and Warhammer a bit.  Really I’ll give about any board game a try.   Beyond that I enjoy halo on my Xbox, and Zelda on Nintendo.
critical role has really helped bring D&D back into the spotlight so I’m sure there are lots of us on here.  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, beefyinkedguy said:

i played d&d in college (30 years ago!) - would love to get back into it, but seems so daunting after all this time

In my junior and senior years in high school (mid-70s), I hung out at a used book and record store. On Wednesday evenings, the lesbian who owned the store with her gay husband ran a D&D game. There was a regular group of 5 of us who played, and there'd be the occasional newcomer, often a customer who had perhaps watched us one week and decided to return the next week to play. Around 6:30 or 7, she'd pull out the box in which she stored the dice and the game booklets. The regulars would reach into one of the display cabinets and pull out the miniature lead figures that we had each selected on joining the game to represent us. (My character was a thief, and my very hazy recollection is that I reached a level in the mid-20s.) I went off to college, but whenever I came home, I made sure to be at the weekly session. In addition, there were some pretty hot guys in the group so there was another reason to play D&D. 

• Like 1

Ah, this takes me back.

I played a paladin for quite some time in the early 80s. I still have some if my dice and my first-edition copy of Deities and Demigods.

We also branched out into Gamma World and Space Opera for a bit. But this was at the time when computer games were starting to develop, and suddenly there were things that looked and sounded a lot like D&D with a computer game interface and that put paid to rolling dice. And anyway, I went to college, got jobs, and things got real.

But I still have the lead figures, too. I painted them meticulously.

Now I just play Star Trek Online.

• Like 1

I grew up and still play video games and table top games. Its what I enjoy doing when I am not doing hw for college or getting fucked. if any one is interested in finding people to play a videogame or board game through tts, feel free to hit me up.

4 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Well, it's always refreshing to hear about stuff I don't know anything about.  Frankly, I've never tried any of this, but I know a lot of guys enjoy it. 

Seems sort of like a "time-sponge" to me.  

That's the point 😉. There's no such thing as a waste of time when you enjoy what you did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...