Hook up sites like Recon and Adam4 Adam

BearPleaser

39 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Pain is by no means a requirement to be a submissive. Submissive does not necessarily equal masochist.

THANK YOU, ErosWired.  This is among the most common of misconceptions about B/d S/m .  While there is a place for experiencing physical distress, it is by no means a requirement, and anyone who says so doesn't have a firm grasp on the Leather Ethic.  Undesired pain should never be administered - it can be useful in focusing the sub's mind, when and if it's been thoroughly explained, why it might be useful, and thoroughly negotiated.  There are other techniques that are more effective in aligning a subs mind with the goal, and often more effective. 

It's not all about whips and chains - it's all about the mental connection, enhanced by the emotional connection.  Every man starts at some level, and wherever he is, it must be respected first, then built and expanded upon.  

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

One other thing: If you’re going to use ‘Bluedragon’ as your username in kink circles, someone is eventually going to expect to be fucked with a blue dragon dildo. I’m just telling you. You may as well shop now.

hahahah  never heard of the bluedragon dildo, I just named myself after my tattoo. Well, that's important to know...!

I have never understood guys who want to "hookup" and play dildos, blue dragon or any other kind. It's not just the hookup sites, here in the PNW guys bring their dildos with them to the sex club, I guess it is a way 2 bottoms or 2 guys that both hate real dicks can play. If you are presenting your ass I don't want to use that dildo sitting next to you on it, and if I'm presenting my ass to be fucked I will say no if you approach me with your dildo and ask or try to use it on me, I use both hookup sites and sex clubs to find guys who want to actually fuck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:03 AM, toolman1966 said:

Relatively new here on BZ, but love reading comments from others.  Wish I knew about this site years ago.  Recon, BBRT, & squirt is useless for me.  Grindr has been very successful for me.  Found a Top in my apartment complex who I have never seem before since we live on opposite sides on a large complex (multi buildings).  He's an older Alpha male type and knows how I love being fucked.  In the last few weeks we have hooked up 3 times per week and even shared me with another Top who's hookup 2 since that day. 

I travel a little for work and grindr has lead to 3 other Tops. 

Wow man sounds awesome- I love those connections! 

I think I’ve tried them all. I don’t find guys looking for ltr personally. But there’s a lot of annoying stuff on each one until I find a good connection. Some want to text - no no time for that. Or they’re not looking now, or I chat with them and they ask every personal question but won’t answer the same. OR haha ok last one - they want to experience every fantasy they’ve ever had on your first meeting 

I haven't used Adam4Adam in years.  Not as popular in Europe, so I just let my account expire.  

Recon is a bit of a mess since COVID (and I'm sure even before).  Many apps saw their membership massively increase during lockdowns, as people had nothing better to do and nowhere to go.  But it also meant you had guys that were really wanting to talk about exploring their fetish and sexual sides, but not having a genuine interest in doing anything about it.  It was more jerk bait than anything else. 

I joined Recon pre-lockdown, but just barely.  I've met some guys in real life, but the experiences have been varied.  I'd say I only had one GOOD one with a young guy (about 21 years old) who called me Daddy throughout the session.   It actually wound up being a huge turn on in the moment, so I found out something about myself there.  I want to start looking into more fetish events outside of Recon.  Things that are geared toward specific fetishes (i.e. something related to spanking, etc.).  Prob have better luck finding fetish mates that way than through Recon.

• 2 weeks later...

A4A is useless in Australasia and generally not used nor, I believe, popular. I got continually spammed with messages from fake American(?) profiles, even after adding a note saying I didn't want to hear from anyone overseas unless they were in the country. Probably just "bots".    

1 hour ago, 120DaysofSodom said:

Recon has always been useless.

I beg your pardon.  I seem to recall that somewhere else you mentioned that you're 30 years old.  Thus, when you were about 10 years old, ReCon ("World Leathermen" at the time) was a most appreciated method of connection between those of us the uphold and honor the Leather Ethic.  Then, it was magnificent to even be in communication with Leathermen from all over the world.  I still enjoy friendships I initially made via that website, to this day. 

I don't use the apps anymore, and there since there are very few days - even in what passes for "Winter" in FL - to wear the Hides, let alone Full Dress, I  am nothing but grateful for ReCon (at least as it once was - perhaps not the case now).  

ReCon may be useless to you presently, but that has not "always" been the case - no matter how beautiful and talented in the Leather Arts you are today.

Thank you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I've been on Recon for 17 years. I use it for keeping in contact with existing contacts. Their biggest mistake was getting rid of the chatroom. It was absolutely bumping back in the day. Second mistake was the smartphone app. Handy for existing members however the caliber of new members went downhill. What started as a kink specific site just became another hookup app like scruff or grindr. Soo many fake, faceless and blank profiles messaging and cruising me. Flakes exist on all platforms. If you're fortunate enough to get involved with a good group of guys that's always the best way to make new and worthwhile connections.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

I beg your pardon.  I seem to recall that somewhere else you mentioned that you're 30 years old.  Thus, when you were about 10 years old, ReCon ("World Leathermen" at the time) was a most appreciated method of connection between those of us the uphold and honor the Leather Ethic.  Then, it was magnificent to even be in communication with Leathermen from all over the world.  I still enjoy friendships I initially made via that website, to this day. 

I don't use the apps anymore, and there since there are very few days - even in what passes for "Winter" in FL - to wear the Hides, let alone Full Dress, I  am nothing but grateful for ReCon (at least as it once was - perhaps not the case now).  

ReCon may be useless to you presently, but that has not "always" been the case - no matter how beautiful and talented in the Leather Arts you are today.

Thank you.

Im 34, for starters. And you dont need to take my comment so personally. Recon has always been useless TO ME. It has never resulted in a hookup. Not a single time. Whether or not you have had hookups arranged from that is your own experience. NOT MINE.

Bbrt remains the most reliable for me these days. adam4adam is pretty dead and filled with pictureless profiles and DL guys (just not my thing) spamming me with “sup?” and “any more pics?”

Ive never really had any good luck with Grindr.

Miss the old CL days 😕. That got me the most cock I could ever want sometimes on a daily basis. 

On 4/3/2022 at 1:35 AM, BootmanLA said:

I dropped Manhunt back in 2008 when it was revealed that the owner of the site was a big GOP donor, and I know they lost a huge amount of business around that time for that reason. I don't know whether the site has since been sold or is under new management, but even in its heyday it never seemed all that useful. 

Jonathan Crutchley, one of the two owners gave $2300 to the Senator John McCain campaign...is that seriously considered a "big GOP donor".  Mr. Crutchley resigned from the board in August of 2008.  The other owner, Larry Bastile is still an owner.  The site has grown to over 9million worldwide.