Your "Red Flags"

BritishCumdump

2 hours ago, BergenGuy said:

Sometimes I wonder if putting inconsistent stats in a profile is a catfisher's method of screening out savvy people?

Oh, no. Did I really miss that? OOPS, not commenting on something I said. Sigh. Tired after a long day at work...

Edited by NYBBGUY58
  • Upvote 1

On 4/7/2022 at 4:01 AM, BergenGuy said:

Sometimes I wonder if putting inconsistent stats in a profile is a catfisher's method of screening out savvy people?

I'd just be happy if people read my profile on apps. It says bottom and yet I keep getting "you wanna fuck me" messages that block me when I point out I'm bottom too. I'd say that was a red flag if the conversation ever went past that! 

Never thought profile mistakes could be deliberate though! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 1:22 PM, CumDump79 said:

Not a red flag, imho. Personally, I don't disclose my phone number before a first encounter because this is a private data I don't want everybody to get. On the contrary, I noticed that guys who insist to be called off the app or website are often people living in fear, and they often flake.

Google. Voice is great for that. Gives you an alternate number to use so you don’t have to give out your real one. And if someone gets too weird, just delete it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fatbottom said:

I once turned a guy down because he was wearing slip-on shoes. Creepy.

I'm thinking this is a UK or London thing. When I traveled for work, I was the only one wearing loafers. My colleagues were in lace-ups or chukka boots. Gotta ask what's so creepy about them though?

On 4/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, BergenGuy said:

That's a thought. Though it's a great way to spot a catfish as well. Here's another: Dudes on hookup sites looking for a romantic thing that never -- at all -- discuss sex. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TheSRQDude said:

Here's another: Dudes on hookup sites looking for a romantic thing that never -- at all -- discuss sex.

That is my biggest red flag, that is 90% or more on any hookup site where I live at the moment. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, BergenGuy said:

I often thought that anyone giving highly unlikely stats, such as being 99 years old or being 6'6" tall and weighing 145 lbs, was just messing with the search filters. 

A red flag for me is when the guy tries to schedule the hook-up more than 2-3 hours into the future, especially in an area with many gay men.

I also think having one's notifications on constantly contributes to flaking. Assume you find a guy. He remains accessible to others and finds someone else. You end up losing out. I don't sit online unless I'm actually intending to hook up because I believe in the law of scarcity. If what we desire “appears” to be in limited supply, the perception of its value increases significantly.

These are my red flags

#1 the "linkedin"

Those who treat Grindr/ Growlr app like linkedin, put their education and work (e.g. Masters in XX, Assistant Director at XX) omg lol, this normally spells someone who is egoistic or.. maybe looking for a job in Grindr, idk?

#2 the "doesn't read profile"

As highlighted by earlier users

1. Guys who clearly didn’t look at any of your info are usually a “can’t be arsed” flag. 

2. Profiles with wild names. Profile says “neg on prep” and has a name like toxicAIDSseeker.

3. Constantly posting hookup ads and always ends up renewing.

4. No info

On 4/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, iman2004 said:

1. Guys who clearly didn’t look at any of your info are usually a “can’t be arsed” flag. 

2. Profiles with wild names. Profile says “neg on prep” and has a name like toxicAIDSseeker.

3. Constantly posting hookup ads and always ends up renewing.

4. No info

Gotten all of these pretty constantly. Or for #2 above, with a name like AIDSChasingFag and profile details that say "Condoms/Safe Sex only". 
The ones who have no info -- no description, no pics, no stats -- are just flakes and pretty feckin' lazy. If you won't say anything about you without my having to ask, why should I tell you anything else about me?

• Like 2

"Can you bring some other tops with you?" 

"Sure, there's a regional Tops convention going on in town right now. There should be 4 or 5 guys wanting to nail an ass after all of these damn meetings."

----

Guys who ask you to "bring other tops" seem to think there's 6 or 7 tops sitting in a lounge somewhere, waiting for an urgent plea from a bottom in need, as if they're fighter pilots ready to scramble at a moment's notice. I always avoided guys who made that request.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3