The Ocult

piercedcock555

I have over the last few years have gotten into Demonology. Just to make clear its not devil worship at all.  My theory is that Hell is the department of Enforcement

and punishment. I say this because if Hell is so evil than why do you go there to be punished? Can anyone here help me in my studies. What books should I get?

Has anyone ever been able to summon a Demon?

i'm curious why you would be looking for this kind of information on a primarily gay website dedicated to bareback sex?  Wouldn't religious sites, for example, be a better place to look for that kind of info? Why did you ask here? 

my question is not meant as a challenge, i really am wondering why you ask that here?

You should start with "The Encyclopedia of Witchcraft and Demonology" by Robbins and "The History of Hell" by Turner. Both are excellent books that will present you with an extremely broad introduction. From there you may find a more specific interest as hell and demons have numerous origins, interpretations, and practices. 

Try the Catholic Church as they have as a dogma of faith, the existence of the devil and apparently demons as well. 
Although more discreet about it in the last decades they also do have especially ordained priests to administer exorcisms. And no, these are probably not at all like the eponymous movie 'The Exorcist'. 

All or most people I'm aware of that identify as satanists do not believe in or worship any kind of devil or demons.

Certain leaders or 'teachers' that did probably acted in way to gather followers, and make a buck.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:41 PM, tallslenderguy said:

i'm curious why you would be looking for this kind of information on a primarily gay website dedicated to bareback sex?  Wouldn't religious sites, for example, be a better place to look for that kind of info? Why did you ask here? 

my question is not meant as a challenge, i really am wondering why you ask that here?

Good question.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
(Jean-Paul Sartre)

Every religion has had some sort of afterlife, often where bad people are punished for conduct in this life. Hell is n Xian dogmatic construct. The devil is an amalgamation of several different characters (the serpent (Genesis), fallen angel Lucifer (Isiah), the Sataan (Job) and the Tempter (the gospels). What sets the Judeo-Xian-Muslim and Mormon religions apart from those that came before is their obsessive (and unhealthy) anti-sexual dogmas and obsessions with unnatural ideas like chastity, abstinence and sexual monogamy.

Satanism founded in 1966) is essentially secular humanism with a carnal sex-positive center to it: rational based but celebrating the Natural  human drives for sex. What Xians passed off as Satanism in the Satanic Panic of the 1980's (death, destruction, blood sacrifice, etc.) was made up by Xians and totally false, though many people today have a fetishized form they call Satanism that is based of the Xian ideas and views but has nothing to do with the actual ideas of Satanism. In fact, those Satanic Panic elements are more in line with Xian ideas, especially in the book of Revelation).

From the atheistic founding of Satanism, other pagan ideas were combined to create a theistic version that involved demons (I wear the sigil of Asmodeous, demon of Lust, around my neck).  Demonolgy is a far cry again from how Xian dogma paints it, unless you are getting into the so-called 'black arts' of it that are damaging to others through magik, and ultimately to oneself. Most of it is practical magik for practical needs, not unlike the Xian version that uses saints instead of demons to accomplish essentially the same things.

10 hours ago, MuscledHorse said:

Every religion has had some sort of afterlife, often where bad people are punished for conduct in this life.

Strictly speaking, this is not true either today or historically. Most do, yes. But Jehovah's Witnesses, for instance, do not believe in an afterlife (they believe when you're dead, you're dead, until the resurrection). A few millennia ago, there was a branch of Judaism (the Sadducees) that likewise did not believe in an afterlife. And those are just among the Judeo-Christian lines.

As I noted, most religions (past and present) do have a belief in an afterlife. But "all" is a bit strong of a word to use in that context.

• Like 1

So here's an interesting twist:  I recall hearing some years ago on the science channel that quantum physics has theoretically proven that alternate "planes" of existence are real.  I am taking no position on this, but it is fascinating.  It was a while ago, and I doubt I'll get every bit of this right, but apparently it was proven to be possible that right now, sitting where you are, in an alternative "plane", others from the past or the future could be in the same space (strictly defined), but not in the same "plane" or dimension.  We can't see/experience them, and vice versa.  But we occupy the same space.  

If this is true, and I'm not saying it is, someone from the past could be sitting here reading a book, someone from the future could be sitting here fiddling with some yet un-invented doo-dad, etc etc.  Or, and more to our liking, two guys from another plane could be fucking right next to us, and we wouldn't have a clue !!!

I very much doubt that the current religions of the World base their claims of an afterlife on anything like quantum physics (!), but rather on population control.  After all, the promise of pie in the sky (assuming one does as one is told by said clerics) and hellfire and damnation for those who choose an alternate path, can seem pretty attractive to those less inclined to indulge in critical thinking.  

• Like 1