Dunes or La Brea ?

melbaussieguy

Seeking advice from locals. Visiting LA in November. Not really planning on doing an open-door cumdump scenario although if something like that spontaneously happens I won't be complaining 😉 But I'm hoping I'll be heading home with a nice mix of LA DNA in me 😜 Not experienced with this sort of thing so it's all a bit of new territory and a fantasy trip. I've read mixed comments and thoughts here about the best hotels for this sort of play and it seems to come down to either Dunes or La Brea. Dunes certainly looks like a nicer place to stay and has better reviews overall on Google, but if I get some interest on Scruff or BBRT or whatever, I just want there to be no hassles and easy access for the fun to happen. Appreciate any suggestions or advice.

• 2 months later...

I'm also interested in this topic and hoping guys with recent experience can share detail about the three hotels.  A few questions that I have:

1) Do the locations attract a different crowd of tops or are they close enough that it's pretty much the same universe of guys.   If different, how so?

2) Are any of the three less desirable for tops to arrive at because of other activity going on there (drugs or other sketchy activity)?

3) Is the volume of tops that come through different at the three locations.   

I'm also interest in other popular easy access hotels in different parts of LA, particularly closer to Anaheim.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/18/2022 at 3:41 AM, melbaussieguy said:

Seeking advice from locals. Visiting LA in November. Not really planning on doing an open-door cumdump scenario although if something like that spontaneously happens I won't be complaining 😉 But I'm hoping I'll be heading home with a nice mix of LA DNA in me 😜 Not experienced with this sort of thing so it's all a bit of new territory and a fantasy trip. I've read mixed comments and thoughts here about the best hotels for this sort of play and it seems to come down to either Dunes or La Brea. Dunes certainly looks like a nicer place to stay and has better reviews overall on Google, but if I get some interest on Scruff or BBRT or whatever, I just want there to be no hassles and easy access for the fun to happen. Appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Which motel did you end up staying at in LA and what was your experience? I am also torn between the Dunes Inn Sunset and the La Brea Inn. I've stayed at both but only for a night or two. I'm considering a 3nt stay in the new year.... was also thinking the Beverly Laurel might be good as there is a pool and it's a bit more upscale. 

On 3/22/2023 at 12:10 AM, insatiablebot said:

I've booked myself at Dixie for next month. Gonna be my first time taking loads in LA. So excited.

Also, I use [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.bcdhotels.com to help me make decisions about which cumdump hotel to book. 

Hope this helps 🙂

How did the Dixie work out for you? I'm heading out there the end of October.

11 hours ago, Joekush3233 said:

Whichever is closer to Slammer, is probably what you want. Just get whatever hotel you want and spend the evenings at slammer. You’ll get loaded

That would be the Silver Lake Hotel, which appears to have direct access to the rooms.... I like that for anon. And it's only .3m walk to Slammer. A bonus is that's only .5 from a metro station so I may not even need rent a car and could take the Coastliner up from SD and then Uber places farther afield. Thank you!!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, KCCumDump said:

How did the Dixie work out for you? I'm heading out there the end of October.

Dixie works out perfectly. Request for a corner room on the upper floor. They don't have a locker/safety box in the room to lock in your valuables (just FYI).

And Sniffies is the way to go. You don't need any other app really. Although I used Grindr and BBRT as well. Hope you have a fab time.

6 hours ago, insatiablebot said:

Dixie works out perfectly. Request for a corner room on the upper floor. They don't have a locker/safety box in the room to lock in your valuables (just FYI).

And Sniffies is the way to go. You don't need any other app really. Although I used Grindr and BBRT as well. Hope you have a fab time.

Thanks for all the info. How long did you stay? How many loads did you get?

On 9/14/2023 at 2:48 AM, KCCumDump said:

Thanks for all the info. How long did you stay? How many loads did you get?

I appreciate all of the input on this site.... in the end I went with the Dixie Hollywood Motel. It's still on the Metro Line with ez access to Slammer. Also, with pool it makes it a little nicer for a longer stay. If I was just there one night to take loads it'd be different. I didn't like the recent note on Sunset Dunes Inn's listing on BCDhotels that some cumdumps have been thrown out. Not sure how they can legally do that, though. It will be good to have another motel to compare.

22 hours ago, BradStevens said:

I appreciate all of the input on this site.... in the end I went with the Dixie Hollywood Motel. It's still on the Metro Line with ez access to Slammer.  ...  I didn't like the recent note on Sunset Dunes Inn's listing on BCDhotels that some cumdumps have been thrown out. 

I've only been to LA once but - didn't get a room at Dixie Hollywood because of a note that they had been shutting down some cumdump activity.  This was probably a mistake (I can't find that note now but I discussed exactly this with guys who fucked me in LA).

Sunset Dunes: when I was there I did not get many guys fucking me., but that was me - I only posted an add on BBRTS.  I did get 3 guys who came by - one guy who fucked and bred me 6 times in 2 days.  But I was on the ground floor and was uncomfortable there because once the door was open even a little you could see everything in my room, at least for a second.  Secondly, it seemed like a family hotel for me.  I saw a family with a little kid so I wasn't going to just wait ass up for dick.  Also I was told I had a family on both sides of me (this from the guy who bred me 6 times).  

Next visit will be at Dixie or another definite cumdump hotel/motel.

3 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

Another thing to check is how often Sniffies Cruisers are reported on Sniffies.  Dixie has 40 over the last two weeks.  La Brea has 74 over the last two weeks.

How do you check how often Sniffies Cruisers are reported on the site? Do you need to be a subscriber to access that information?

1 hour ago, BradStevens said:

How do you check how often Sniffies Cruisers are reported on the site? Do you need to be a subscriber to access that information?

You would have to be a subscriber.  Also you might have to be reported as being in that metropolitan area (right now I'm listed as being in LA because of my recent trip to LA - but you can probably get around that - last time I checked you can't list a party ad for a specific metro area without being in that metro area but you should be able to check hotels).

Then you check the specific hotel.  Sniffies then tells you how many Sniffies users were there, etc.  These are listed as Sniffies Cruisers (the terminology might be a recent thing - for saunas/bathhouses they report how many Sniffies users are there now and how many have been there in some time period).  If you have to, you can search from your browser "sniffies Brea Inn" or "sniffies Dunes Inn Hollywood" or whatever.  A link will come up that then reports what you want:

For example:

sniffies-la-brea-example-2.png

sniffies-la-brea-example-1.png

• Like 2