Who pays for all the new immigrants on the southern border?

hntnhole

So we're hearing all kinds of issues relevant to the plight of the new immigrants on the Mexican/Texan border.  I seem to be hearing some complaining about the "cost" of all the immigrants to US taxpayers, blah blah blah, and I have a potential solution.

As I try to do when considering issues of import, I ask myself "if X is true, then why is it true?"  

Without going into the weeds too deeply, there are repressive governments, there are education problems, and there is virtually one religious institution, which has been the case since Spain took the Southern Continent by force several hundred years ago.  Whilst the R.C. Church is well known to reject birth control as against "God's Will", I had assumed this was the case since the Middle Ages, when the Papal Armies needed cannon-fodder for the advancement of R.C. temporal power in Europe.  

But no.  That is not the case.  Since the advent of the R.C. Church (emphasis on Roman), that institution has not taken a firm stance on the issue of abortion or "birth control" until the previous century.  That peculiar event happened less than a century ago - at the hands of Pius XI in 1930*.  Thus, the anti-birth control strictures are less than 100 years old, taken barely an eyeblink ago in Church history.  

So, I think we can legitimately invoice the Vatican - loaded with untold treasures accumulated over the millennia through wars, bloodshed, conquest, all the usual filth - for compensation and support of the unfortunates from the South who were mind-fucked into believing that they simply must bring to term any potential life, every time they fucked.  It's the institution that forced this inhumanity upon these human brothers and sisters, sucked what few coins they could spare out of their pockets, taught them that the fires of hell awaited them if they didn't pony up, the whole Power Trip.  We can legitimately claim wealth and property belonging to the RCC in the US, build residential developments, commercial developments, commodious living/working spaces for these new Americans, and invoice the Roman Catholic Church for all of it.  And we can simply take these thousands and thousands of properties, just as our Caucasian forebears took this continent from the Indigenous.  

I believe that the only group of people that can legitimately comment on accepting/declining/welcoming new arrivals to the shores of this nation are the Indigenous People who lived on the North American Continent for millennia before we Pale Ones invaded, killed them off via genocide, and stole the Continent from them.  To be fair, the new arrivals are far closer in lineage to the indigenous Americans than anyone else is, and the guys are a helluva lot sexier.  

Fortunately, no one anointed me King, right ???🥰

*this was the predecessor of Pious 12, the infamous "Nazi" pope

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

Thanks for that well thought out comment.   Too many people are too reactive. 

I have this take on the issue as a white 58 year old American:

The bottom line is  contrary to popular belief,  accidentally dropping out of your mom’s pussy on a particular patch of the earth’s soil does not make someone superior to others.  People seem to think being born here makes them better than “others”  

but the fact is we have millions of fat stupid  lazy useless uneducated sloppy idiot “real” Americans laying around taking up space, who contribute nothing of value to the United States.  They breed and eat.  That’s it. 

id gladly trade them for these desperate but industrious hard working ambitious persistent folks who come to our border wanting work and freedom.

I’m so sick to death of fat stupid obese flabby assed  lazy whiney  hetero Americans.

they make me sick. I’m tired of their shit after  early 6 decades of hearing it.  All of it.  All their fucking useless  bullshit opinions on everything.  

Edited by Daddysissyprincess
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Daddysissyprincess said:

The bottom line is  contrary to popular belief,  accidentally dropping out of your mom’s pussy on a particular patch of the earth’s soil does not make someone superior to others.  People seem to think being born here makes them better than “others”  

Worse: those people think that being of a different ethnicity than "caucasian" is what makes those "other" people inferior. That's the reason they want to abolish birthright citizenship; they believe (against all evidence) that hordes of pregnant women are pouring across our southern border to give birth to children on U.S. soil (which makes those children citizens). They don't seem nearly as upset about college-age European women coming here for higher education and getting pregnant and giving birth to new U.S. citizens, because those kids are white.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Daddysissyprincess said:

id gladly trade them for these desperate but industrious hard working ambitious persistent folks who come to our border wanting work and freedom.

WHEN ARE YOU RUNNING FOR ELECTED OFFICE ???  I'll change my registration to wherever that is so I can vote for YOU.  

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Worse: those people think that being of a different ethnicity than "caucasian" is what makes those "other" people inferior.

And I'll vote for YOU BootmanLA, for Attorney General !!!

Maybe I'll even run for office in this homo-utopia ..... how about - oh - Minister of Sexual Depravities ??? Of course, I'd need an enormous staff of very dedicated raw, barebacking men to keep the thing running smoothly.  You know I'd do it, too .... <filthiest of grins>

I think the expense is incurred entirely from trying to keep them out. 
It’s expensive to militarize and patrol the border. It’s expensive to detain immigrants in prison camps. It’s extremely expensive to pay for lawyers to put them all through court hearings.

We have jobs that need doing. Welcoming them, giving them ID’s to enable them to seek employment and then making it easy for them to pay taxes on income like everyone else might actually add to the economic bottom line. This was in fact how it worked for a pretty long time, and it was working just fine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, swytch360 said:

I think the expense is incurred entirely from trying to keep them out. 
It’s expensive to militarize and patrol the border. It’s expensive to detain immigrants in prison camps. It’s extremely expensive to pay for lawyers to put them all through court hearings.

We have jobs that need doing. Welcoming them, giving them ID’s to enable them to seek employment and then making it easy for them to pay taxes on income like everyone else might actually add to the economic bottom line. This was in fact how it worked for a pretty long time, and it was working just fine.

I completely agree.

On 1/5/2023 at 11:06 AM, Daddysissyprincess said:

accidentally dropping out of your mom’s pussy

I don’t think it happens accidentally🤔

On 1/5/2023 at 11:06 AM, Daddysissyprincess said:

My dad and brother own and run an agricultural company that employs field laborers. They can not get Americans to take the jobs, and they’ve tried. They have to rely on immigrant labor (with proper paperwork) to conduct their business. I think many anti-immigrant complainers fail to realize that parts of the economy would simply not function if we relied solely on domestic labor.

And the fucking governor of Texas has a lot to answer for, sending these vulnerable people in buses to places like New England and the Vice President’s residence purely for political theatre. It’s loathsome.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Daddysissyprincess said:

but has asylum 20 years

Do you mean that he's expected to wait for 20 years to get legalized citizenship?  Or granted (legal) asylum for 20 years, half of which has passed, and then what?  

Given that every damn one of us (with the exceptions of Indigenous and Af/Am's) is either an immigrant or descended from immigrants, all the legal loopholes current would-be immigrants are forced to jump through is disgusting.  It took one of my sometime fuckbuds 18 years to get citizenship, following many years of legal work, on and on and on.  More, he founded a business, hired employees, paid relevant taxes for years, all while jumping through endless hoops and hurdles.  It's maddening.  

• Upvote 2

I find it ironic that most "illegal immigrants" pay their fair share of income tax - while those who lobby the xenophobic element of both Federal and State Congress don't pay any more than 2-3% income tax - yet, the xenophobes are the ones who actively endorse the prevarication that "illegals" are an economic anvil around the ankle of US society.

• Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

I find it ironic that most "illegal immigrants" pay their fair share of income tax - while those who lobby the xenophobic element of both Federal and State Congress don't pay any more than 2-3% income tax - yet, the xenophobes are the ones who actively endorse the prevarication that "illegals" are an economic anvil around the ankle of US society.

It's true that some undocumented immigrants work "under the table" and thus don't pay taxes (which is a separate issue). But official estimates are that 75% of undocumented workers use falsified social security numbers - either one that wasn't ever issued, or more often one issued to someone else. As a result, the wages of that 75% get hit for social security taxes (7.65%, including Medicare) and they'll never be able to claim those benefits. In fact, that's part of what's keeping social security afloat for citizens.

Meanwhile, plenty of rich people pay little or no social security taxes because they structure their income such that it's not "earned" income. Remember that interest earnings, dividends, capital gains, and so forth aren't taxed for social security purposes at all, because they're not "earned". If we simply applied the social security tax rate to all income, regardless of source, the system would be solvent for decades longer, perhaps in perpetuity.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 4:39 PM, BootmanLA said:

It's true that some undocumented immigrants work "under the table" and thus don't pay taxes (which is a separate issue). But official estimates are that 75% of undocumented workers use falsified social security numbers - either one that wasn't ever issued, or more often one issued to someone else. As a result, the wages of that 75% get hit for social security taxes (7.65%, including Medicare) and they'll never be able to claim those benefits. In fact, that's part of what's keeping social security afloat for citizens.

Meanwhile, plenty of rich people pay little or no social security taxes because they structure their income such that it's not "earned" income. Remember that interest earnings, dividends, capital gains, and so forth aren't taxed for social security purposes at all, because they're not "earned". If we simply applied the social security tax rate to all income, regardless of source, the system would be solvent for decades longer, perhaps in perpetuity.

fraud and identity theft 👍

Or We could look at which neighborhoods in america have the highest crime rates. 

And  we could look at figuring out what people in america work the hardest verdus which ones contribute the least to our GDP

there are an awful lot of native born “Americans”  who contribute little to nothing to the betterment of society.  

That should be the real measure of who’s worth keeping or getting rid of. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, topblkmale said:

fraud and identity theft 👍

This is indeed a problem. But that doesn't change the fact that these people pay taxes into the system, but because they (usually) only use the stolen SS number to get employed, the impact is a lot less than it might otherwise be.