condom actually make it hurt ?

ShaneJF

My two cents, which may not be relevant for all or most:  In my experience, condoms are irritating for fucking if they're insufficiently lubed. Remember that a top wearing one isn't going to be adding any pre-cum to the fuck, so lube (and in many cases, copious amounts of it) are necessary. I've never had any issues with a well-lubed condom (and no, that doesn't mean using a pre-lubed condom right out of the pack with nothing else added).

While I don't generally top, I can envision that if a condom is placed over a dry cock, there's going to be irritation on the shaft as well. While there's something of a risk of the condom slipping off (if it's too large or the cock is too thin), I would suggest thoroughly lubing the cock as well before putting on the condom - that gives some "slide" assistance inside it so there isn't latex rubbing against the sensitive surface.

That said, some people do have a sensitivity to latex, and that may be part of it for some.

This isn't meant as a pro-condom post (nor should this statement be taken as anti-condom, either). But if you're going to use them, there are ways to make them less irritating. Or, since the site is about bareback sex, make a decision not to use them or to accept partners using them in you. Life's full of trade offs.

I make sure to properly use a well fitting condom to prevent discomfort as a top. Some condoms are too tight near the base of my penis so I avoid those ones. I put a drop of lube in the reservoir and pinch it before putting it on. Things like improper lubrication or air bubbles will make it feel worse.

i think that mindset plays a role... like, when hes using a condom you might get less turned on and your hole wont dilate as well... that happens with me... if hes usin a condom i cant dilate as much as raw because i dont get that peak of adrenaline

Every condom brand is different. They all vary slightly in size, materials, and lube, so if you want to use condoms, try different brands, and if you find one that works for you, insist on that, or bare. That's what I do. I found that I could not use latex. Latex would leave me feeling sore and burnt. Non-latex condoms seem to be OK to me. For me, If someone wants to use a condom, it has to be non-latex.

• Upvote 1