Talking to your partner about prep

Bbpally

On 2/9/2023 at 9:57 PM, BergenGuy said:

Big oops!  That was supposed to read "It is great to do things as a couple, but it SHOULDN'T result in neglecting one's own health.

No worries - I think every guy on BZ knows your position re: responsibility, health-care, etc.  We all made that correction for you the moment we read the sentence. 😉

• 1 month later...

Another update:

Bf brought up another serious topic we needed to talk about and then segwayed into prep.  (I suspect it was what he really wanted to talk about, and used that as an excuse). 

Anyway, he asked me to talk to my doctor about starting prep as well as helping him to navigate his insurance as well (he's got a shitty plan).  

I want to say that this was a like 3 hour talk.  We talked about a lot, including what happens when (not if) we get an std how we handle it, and if we have a breakthrough, and how we're going to manage taking the pill every day.  We also talked about the injectable, but I haven't done enough research on that, so we said we'd look into that and talk with our doctors about that. 

Basically, in the span of threeish months we've gone though the process of "talking about it" to actively seeking it.  We're both pretty excited to explore our sexualities together. 

• Upvote 2