Do most bottoms have small or average cocks?

Hi guys. It's a saying that most boys who take the cock or bottoms are small or average in penis size. I always loved taking a good length but preferred girth.im 5to 6 inches. Small to average. 

• Moderators

That's complete nonsense as far as I know.  Anyway, in my book top/bottom is no more strictly binary than any other human orientation, which is to say, not so much.

What I can tell you for sure from personal experience is that guys with bigger cocks get asked to top a lot more. So if there's any wiggle room in their top/bottom orientation, they wind up topping at  least some of the time, regardless of where their actual preference falls.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

That's complete nonsense as far as I know.  Anyway, in my book top/bottom is no more strictly binary than any other human orientation, which is to say, not so much.

What I can tell you for sure from personal experience is that guys with bigger cocks get asked to top a lot more. So if there's any wiggle room in their top/bottom orientation, they wind up topping at  least some of the time, regardless of where their actual preference falls.

I agree with that,

Off topic a little, but what gets me is I see guys that claim to be bottoms and the only pics they show are their big cocks

Edited by Hotrawbutt4u
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Hi there. I agree. I've met bottom guys and who never top and believe me they are well endowed, even make my mouth water. The question was asked because I've been fucked by a few tops quite a few actually and many of those guys say what you lack in the crotch you makeup on the ass. 

There are multiple reasons why that “saying” (which I have never heard said, ever, until now) cannot be true, but let’s start with plain statistics. The average length of the erect human penis is 5.1 - 5.5 inches. That’s not small-to-average, that’s the average. Polling and anecdotal accounts on this site consistently place the population of bottoms as approximately 66% of this community, with exclusive Tops only making up about 10%, so men who take it up the ass at least part of the time constitute 90% of penis owners across the range of potential sizes. Cocks of 7” or greater are in the 90th percentile of cocks out there, so there can be no meaningful statistical correlation between sexual role preference and penis length.

Anecdotally, this forum provides ample accounts of bottoms reporting average to above-average cock size, and even if we assume that a fraction of these accounts are in fact accurate (ahem) the premise is drawn seriously into question.

There is no functional reason why there would be any correlation between penis length and receptive role, especially as the male has no actual evolved receptive reproductive function. There is no cause for biological adaptation to occur.

Rather, what we see here, I think, is the syllogistic conflation of two psychological constructs: The notion that A) a shorter penis makes a male less of a man, and B) receptive sexual role makes a male less of a man, therefore C) a short cock makes a male a bottom.

A) Nellie is an elephant. B) Nellie is pink. Therefore C) Elephants are pink.

Horseshit. Elephants aren’t pink, and a short cock doesn’t make a guy a bottom.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

There are multiple reasons why that “saying” (which I have never heard said, ever, until now) cannot be true, but let’s start with plain statistics. The average length of the erect human penis is 5.1 - 5.5 inches. That’s not small-to-average, that’s the average. Polling and anecdotal accounts on this site consistently place the population of bottoms as approximately 66% of this community, with exclusive Tops only making up about 10%, so men who take it up the ass at least part of the time constitute 90% of penis owners across the range of potential sizes. Cocks of 7” or greater are in the 90th percentile of cocks out there, so there can be no meaningful statistical correlation between sexual role preference and penis length.

I so want to make this into a practice problem for statistics and overlapping sets on standardized exams.

• Haha 1

I think it applies more to versatile men than bottoms, but unfortunately there is a definite tendency among some versatile men who do not flip fuck to use cock size as the determining factor as to who tops and who bottoms. If men who have sex with men in general are using this as a metric for sexual position, instead of what they derive pleasure from, I can see where this could at least be somewhat true. I would point out, that if they are determining their position based on this metric they are doing both themselves and the community in general a great disservice.

2 hours ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

I agree with that,

Off topic a little, but what gets me is I see guys that claim to be bottoms and the only pics they show are their big cocks

What gets me are those who criticize bottoms like me who are critical of bottoms like that and tops who want you to see their butt. 

Contrary to what someone else said, there are still some of us who have zero interest in versatile sex roles and who still vehemently adhere to “Top” and “Bottom” and absolutely hate the lines being blurred. 

Edited by HoneyBuns1980
  • Like 2

This is a really interesting one. 

I've seen quite a few guys with big cocks who I assume are tops, but end up being total bottoms. 

As for me, I used to wank a lot and also fucked a lot when I was a top. I'm (very happily) back to being almost 100% bottom, although I did fuck a guy on Sunday, simply not to waste a load at the sauna before leaving. I've noticed my cock seems quite a bit smaller than it used to be when flaccid. I figure there's an element of stretching of the tissue when fucking and wanking on a regular basis. 

Does anyone else find this is the case with them?