Chat Missing

Hey guys... Im getting the same message... and can't access chats... I don't want to bother @rawTOP with it as I'm sure he's inundated... anyone got any clue how to fix it? 

Cheers! 

" PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'Evolver100' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users."

59 minutes ago, Evolver100 said:

Hey guys... Im getting the same message... and can't access chats... I don't want to bother @rawTOP with it as I'm sure he's inundated... anyone got any clue how to fix it? 

Cheers! 

" PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'Evolver100' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users."

The "Duplicate entry" error is the most common one and there is no fix for it at this point.

Assuming you've read this thread, you'll know that the chat module here is a separate piece of software, supplied by a third party, that does not integrate well into the forum software. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't, and no, bothering RawTop about it isn't going to get it fixed any faster, because it can't be fixed from this end.

It's like if your company provided you with Excel and Word Perfect and they didn't function well together - your company's unlikely to be able to do anything about it because it's an issue between Microsoft and WordPerfect, and unless they fix the interactivity, nothing can be done.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PrisonbaiT said:

That would be a good idea, breedingzone telegram group

There are discussions in the Backroom area about Telegram and other services. The fundamental problem that keeps coming up, though, is that even Telegram has terms of service, and there are things likely to be discussed in a BZ discussion that would likely violate those terms, and the group would likely be canceled in short order (with the *possible* side effect of its promoters getting banned).

I'm not saying no one should create a private group on Telegram for this purpose - just reminding that if it's not very closely monitored by whoever sets it up, it could very quickly get shut down.

15 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

There are discussions in the Backroom area about Telegram and other services. The fundamental problem that keeps coming up, though, is that even Telegram has terms of service, and there are things likely to be discussed in a BZ discussion that would likely violate those terms, and the group would likely be canceled in short order (with the *possible* side effect of its promoters getting banned).

I'm not saying no one should create a private group on Telegram for this purpose - just reminding that if it's not very closely monitored by whoever sets it up, it could very quickly get shut down.

Yeah that would not be wise then

I can't read my private message, wen i click them i've this message

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'morgandml' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users.

Can u help me please, 

Kind regards everyone 

• Moderators

This has been an issue for nearly a year. @rawTOP is aware of it and will take care of it if and when he can. Because the chat is built on a completely different software platform than the rest of the site, and because he has a replacement based on different technology in the works, this is not a high priority.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is following message: 

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'Pozbear4breeding' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users.

• Moderators

It appears that this bug is still causing trouble. It's a database error that has been going on for some time. I don't know the details of when/why it happens.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, 3eelzebub said:

Hi BZ, whenever I try to respond to a chat request I get the following (screenshot). Any ideas?

The chat room has a bug that causes it to throw that error for some users. See the topic above.

The chat room is NOT the same as a private message from another user. Those should work fine, but you may not have the privilege to send one yet - it is granted to new users after they have participated in the site for a little while (this keeps the spammers and bots down to a minimum). You can certainly post a reply on the sender's activity page if they have allowed others to post there, or on your own activity page in any case.

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.