Chat Missing

• Moderators
1 hour ago, FLcigarBottom said:

I'm getting this error:

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry ...

I've moved this post into the chat problems topic. If you read above, you'll see that @rawTOP is working on it, but it's taking a while to get it fixed. In the meantime, if you try closing your browser completely and reloading the site, that might possibly help.

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

I've moved this post into the chat problems topic. If you read above, you'll see that @rawTOP is working on it, but it's taking a while to get it fixed. In the meantime, if you try closing your browser completely and reloading the site, that might possibly help.

Thank you for moving it.

I actually tried opening it with multiple browsers and got the same error. I'll try on a different machine later and see what happens.

Hi, sorry to be bothersome but I can't get the chat to work and am really interested in chatting to guys. When i press chat it says

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'max2001' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users.

Could this be fixed mods? Or doesn; t it work? x Max x

• Moderators
5 hours ago, max2001 said:

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'max2001' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Sorry you encountered an error. Details about this error have been written to our logs and will be reviewed to make sure it doesn't happen to other users.

The chat is based on a different software platform from the rest of the server. @rawTOP is aware of the problem, and is working on it, but he is in the process of recovering from a stroke, so his personal resources are limited at the moment. He will get things working as soon as he can.

10 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

The chat is based on a different software platform from the rest of the server. @rawTOP is aware of the problem, and is working on it, but he is in the process of recovering from a stroke, so his personal resources are limited at the moment. He will get things working as soon as he can.

Recovering from a stroke is rough, very rough. He/ we are lucky he is able to get going again this quickly. My dad had a stroke, he recovered pretty fast but it took a while and some of his patience were dimished, he had a shorter fuse than before and from what I have researched, this change isn't uncommon. Imagine being trapped in your body, your brain seems to me working but you can't talk, communicate , walk or anything. Even going to the bathroom was not possible. 

17 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Oh no, i'm srry to read that. I hope he is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I always get this error with the chat

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'powerqc' for key 'name_UNIQUE'

Anyone else ever have issues where it says you have chats, but then it says something about a duplicate entry when you try to click on it? kind of maddening to see chats there, but being unable to access them....

6 hours ago, fertilehole said:

Anyone else ever have issues where it says you have chats, but then it says something about a duplicate entry when you try to click on it? kind of maddening to see chats there, but being unable to access them....

Yes i have the same issue

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion for RawTop: Given that the chat module is so unreliable (for reasons outside your control), might it not be prudent to update the page you access directly from the "Chat" link (ie, before you actually enter the chat software itself) acknowledging that the program has issues, sometimes can't verify your login from your browser, etc., and that while you hope to have this fixed in a future update to the site, users should not expect a smooth experience, and that posting "same here" or otherwise non-informative messages about a problem that is well-known is kind of pointless?

Especially since if they bothered to do ANY reading of the seven pages of messages about chat issues before adding their comment, they'd know what's going on?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.