status posts

btmdad

It gives guys a false sense of security I suppose. I guess guys think/hope that a guy goes in and updates their status if something changes. But honestly, guys lie. I have no idea what my status is on some of my profiles...not like I've looked at them lately and I'm sure that's the same for a lot of guys. Fix it and forget it I suppose. Even someone who says they're on Prep...well how do I know they're still on it? Or taking their meds? Kind of the same with poz. Detectable? Undetectable? In the end you take your chances...

• Moderators

Because it's the most recent information they have? It does, at least, provide some proxy for risk, in that the amount of time is presumably correlated with the number of encounters via which they might have changed status.

Alternatively, when they posted it, it was recent... and then they forgot all about it. I do that one myself, often.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2023 at 10:14 PM, btmdad said:

I don't understand why men post their status when the dates are months or even years old?  We all konw that our status can change over a one night stand.  So why would you post that your "status"  was  negative 6 months ago?

This ^ is a reason why I often don't post my status.

Men whose dating/sex profile includes BB probably just like sex, no matter what. Or at least I like to think that, lol

On 9/7/2023 at 8:14 PM, btmdad said:

I don't understand why men post their status when the dates are months or even years old?  We all konw that our status can change over a one night stand.  So why would you post that your "status"  was  negative 6 months ago?

This is a big eye roll for me. i figure it's usually one of two reasons: laziness or ignorance.  "Lazy" because they simply haven't updated their profile if they get checked more regularly. "Ignorance" for the very reasons  you and others note. One sexual encounter can change that status, so if one is going to post status it makes more sense to me to post how frequently one gets tested, or that they can document their status if they hook. i still see that on rare occasions, but really unless you go to the clinic with the person and are with that person all the time till the test results, declaring negative status is not really all the effective. 

When i see stuff like "D&D free," i typically pass because i'm not really looking for a virgin. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, PigBoyDallas said:

well how do I know they're still on it? Or taking their meds

We don't, of course. 

Thus, it's every guy's individual responsibility to take whatever precautions he deems "enough" on his own terms.  We're only responsible for taking care of our own health, (or not).

Talk (or text) is dirt-cheap - what counts is what we do ourselves to protect our health (or not).  

• Upvote 1