Interesting underwear.....

Sfmike64

I was in Target today and saw these. First off, who, other than gay men cruising, is in the woods in their underwear? That's the only explanation for the lube/poppers pocket in these boxer briefs.  Also, decent bulge, nice treasure trail!

73CA1F7A-C36F-43F4-A229-B8D8B366BD3F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6861123fd22d6ec44209a3b0865c8243.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, verslut said:

It's intended for runners. Things can fall out of pockets and many runners wear tights with no pockets.

I guess it's useful for cruising too.

These were billed as boxer briefs, not running shorts ….. 

4 hours ago, Sfmike64 said:

These were billed as boxer briefs, not running shorts ….. 

But there are lots of gym shorts, running shorts, etc. that have no pockets. Wearing these underneath provides a spot for your ID, credit card, bus pass, maybe some emergency cash, etc. Not as visible as sticking those in your sock, for instance. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

But there are lots of gym shorts, running shorts, etc. that have no pockets. Wearing these underneath provides a spot for your ID, credit card, bus pass, maybe some emergency cash, etc. Not as visible as sticking those in your sock, for instance. 

Exactly this. Same reason yoga shorts have similar pockets.

Running shorts, yoga shorts…okay… but Hanes started in 1901 as a hosiery company, and although Hanesbrands does now sell a variety of ‘clothing essentials’, they specialize in undergarments and that’s what their flagship brand name is pretty much universally synonymous with. The item in question here has ‘HANES’ in great big capital letters all around the waistband, which is as effective a way as I can think of, bar shouting, of saying, “I’m in my underwear.”

6 hours ago, ErosWired said:

“I’m in my underwear.”

Yeah, but that hairy belly hollers hairy Hole too .... the shorts (whatever their description) will be off shortly, and he'll get down to the real business at hand.  Can I be 3rd or 4th in line?

9 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Running shorts, yoga shorts…okay… but Hanes started in 1901 as a hosiery company, and although Hanesbrands does now sell a variety of ‘clothing essentials’, they specialize in undergarments and that’s what their flagship brand name is pretty much universally synonymous with. The item in question here has ‘HANES’ in great big capital letters all around the waistband, which is as effective a way as I can think of, bar shouting, of saying, “I’m in my underwear.”

My point was not that people use these AS running shorts, but UNDER running shorts (yes, as underwear), when the running shorts themselves have no pockets.

When the outer garments have no pockets (whether for an ID, cash, credit card, lube, or whatever), and you need one or more of those items, they have to go somewhere. Some people use the top of their socks, but with ankle-high socks being popular with running shoes, that's not an option. T-shirts, too, often don't have a shirt pocket that's usable.

Even if the running shorts DO have a pocket: most running shorts I've seen have been loosely cut in order to allow freedom of leg movement. The pockets - if they exist - are likely not deep as they'd be in pants or longer shorts, meaning greater odds of something falling out while running. When those things are gripped against your waist by the waistband in the underwear, they're likely secure and not going anywhere.

2 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

My point was not that people use these AS running shorts, but UNDER running shorts (yes, as underwear), when the running shorts themselves have no pockets.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were people who just wore them straight up and passed them off as running shorts, as they don’t have an opening in the fly. I just have this picture in my mind:

Honestly, officer, these are for running.

Uh-huh. The way I see it, you’re running around the park in your short pants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Webster9 said:

Whatever happened to Fanny Packs ?  That seems like the most practical solution.

Mind you, I haven't run any distance in more years than I care to admit. But back then, I was acutely aware that things like fanny packs could throw off my gait as they bounce around. You can't put it on snugly at the thinnest part of your waistline without it looking remarkably stupid (because it's riding way above your hips), and if you put it on any lower, it's going to work its way up anyway and then bounce and twist.

And although I'll assume it's rare, it's fairly easy for someone biking by to grab the pack, slice the belt with a knife, and speed off. Not something you generally worry about in a lot of areas, but it's like purse snatching: it's a crime of opportunity and I didn't want to present an opportunity.

• Like 1