If you weren't convinced before ...

hntnhole

... yesterday's 100% melt-down shit-show in the US House of Representatives should have convinced you.  I know there are fair-minded Republicans, fiscal responsibility, all of that, but the crazies have taken over to such an extent that it's impacting everyone's life in a serious way.  Since legislation must originate in the House, does anyone think they're going to get the budgetary items agreed upon, and the government funded in a matter of mere weeks?  They can't agree on so much as when the potty breaks are allowed.  This has become a modern example of neither the Emperor or his gadflies have any clothes, at all.  I'll lay down 10 - 1 that this won't be completely over until next year - with millions needlessly harmed in the process.  

All fair-minded folks simply must vote this clowncar load of tunnel-visioned children out of office.  Get registered. Become active in the political life of your neighborhood/town/city.  Volunteer in the process. Get your friends/neighbors registered.  Vote as if your life depended on it, because chances are increasing daily that it does

• Upvote 4

• Moderators

I'll add to that.

I know the majority of people on this site probably don't vote Republican. BUT. If you live in a red state, you might seriously consider registering as one and getting involved at the local level so that the people there have decent options in the primary. Because that's where these crazies are coming from, and if we want the sane people in those states to have a chance of booting them out, they maybe need our help.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Indeed.   For the Wisconsin Primary I have to pull a party ballot.  This time I am likely to pull and R if Christie is still in the race.  I want us to get back to classic R ; but maybe both parties can learn something and stop the partisan bullfeathers.  What's going on now in DC is just disruption.  A different form of Jan 6.  Enough already.

• Confused 1

FWIW: I do not believe it is possible for the GOP to return to "classic" Republicanism, because I do not believe the base will stand for it. Nor do I think the GOP base can be salvaged from the train wreck that is Trumpism.

And personally I see no Republican on the national stage - including Christie - who stands a chance of unifying the various wings of the Republican Party. The House Speaker's race is shaping up to be a fight between a white supremacist and an enabler of pedophiles, both from the crazy wing of the GOP in the House. 

Separately, I'd also disagree that there are any notable crazies in the Democratic Party in Congress. There are some who are more liberal than others, certainly. But crazy? I can't think of any. Even Bernie Sanders, who I consider a doddering idealist with unrealistic goals, isn't crazy - not in the sense that Gosar, Greene, Boebert, Gaetz, Good, Perry, Luna, etc. are. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JimInWisc said:

Dems have their own brand of crazies

I'm curious;  Which Dems belong to "their own brand of crazies"?  Which Dems don't believe that all citizens should be equally valued? 

The R's have celebrated the removing of health-care involving pregnancy virtually across the board, wherever they can.  Millions of the R's actually believe that they can decide for everyone else which deity to (pretend to) worship, and insist that this must be a "Christian" nation, (as defined by that group only - hardly reflective of the Original Message), thereby forcing their religious/cultural viewpoints on their neighbors.  Which Dems are doing anything like that? The R's are doing it in their millions, burning books, attempting to erase actual American history with a white-washed version.  Which Dems are doing that? 

If you're a "Rockefeller Republican", then great - but sadly, that political party no longer exists, having died for lack of sustenance.  

I could go on, but .... 

crazy is subjective but in recent years i'd nominate Kisten Sienna and Joe Manchin as having bought tickets to board the crazy train. All these years later im still not over the craziness of admitted serial adulterer Bill Clinton signing something called "the defense of marriage act" but politics are rarely sane so... life goes on i guess 

Neither Kirsten Sinema nor Joe Manchin are "crazy".  Neither are loyal, down-the-line Democrats, either.  Manchin is reflecting the needs of his constituency first (big coal), and the nation secondly.  It's so noticeable because the of the narrow margin in the Senate. 

Sinema seems to have at least semi-cogent answers to why she votes the way she does, which doesn't make her crazy.  What does make her somewhat questionable though, is her taste in clothing.  Maybe one of her commercial sponsors is Ringling Bros/Barnum & Bailey ..... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

not really buyin it. derailing your boss's entire business plan to tenuously hang on to your mid- management job a bit longer isnt wise or "same" and the two open appear to bath in all the fake drama and attention they create by acting against conventional wisdom. Plus they are both almost insanely pro corporate max profit w no care for how abusive their policies are to average people. they don't care about the majority or the health of the planet but act in a way that is beneficial to themselves in the short term. the both have very obvious personality disorders but perhaps u have a different definition of "crazy" 

• Upvote 1

Agree that crazy is subjective. In the context of the current congressional circus, crazy goes way beyond just having out-of-the-mainstream political beliefs. To me, crazy here would be legislators that do everything possible to make sure that governing is impossible. Legislators that are opposed to legislating. 

Clinton was in favor of full participation of gays in military. His embrace of DADT was a political compromise. And though it came to be recognized as a vile policy, it was probably an essential step forward toward LGBT equality.

Sinema and Manchin aren’t crazy. But I’d venture to say that along with Menendez, they are horribly corrupt. 

• Like 1