Anyone else turned off by "xxx" in messages?

BritishCumdump

This is totally a personal peev but I wanted to see if anyone else sees a hookup using "kisses" in messages as a red flag? I'm a slut, I don't ever try to hide this, I give no indication of romance or even friendship to my hookups, but in my experience when guys start ending messages on Grindr or Sniffies or whatever with "See you tonight xxx" or "I'll be there in 5 xx" it makes me think they're gonna be the clingy type of "no strings" where they breed me and then tell me their life story, or worse, fail to breed me and then tell me all their life problems and about what medication they're on. I always listen and I always stay attentive, but it's not what I signed up for and I really feel like this affection is misdirected. 

I think though it might just be me who separates sex from love so cleanly. 

Is anyone else scared when guys that you're not chatting to in a romantic context break out the xxx? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BritishCumdump said:

This is totally a personal peev but I wanted to see if anyone else sees a hookup using "kisses" in messages as a red flag? I'm a slut, I don't ever try to hide this, I give no indication of romance or even friendship to my hookups, but in my experience when guys start ending messages on Grindr or Sniffies or whatever with "See you tonight xxx" or "I'll be there in 5 xx" it makes me think they're gonna be the clingy type of "no strings" where they breed me and then tell me their life story, or worse, fail to breed me and then tell me all their life problems and about what medication they're on. I always listen and I always stay attentive, but it's not what I signed up for and I really feel like this affection is misdirected. 

Is anyone else scared when guys that you're not chatting to in a romantic context break out the xxx? 

Yeah Bro,,I know exactly what you're talking about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritishCumdump said:

It annoys me too. All my profiles state what I'm into. And I clarify in my messages as well. 

Over the guys who think that they are special. 

• Like 2

I thought xxx was something my Grandmother or spinster Aunt Joan put in my birthday or Christmas cards along with their checks.  Guys actually do this on apps or hook up sites??????  I have been online a long time and never had anyone do that to me, I guess I don't come across as "affectionate" - lol.

• Haha 2

Well, yes and no. 

Yes, particularly if it's instant. i have nothing against kisses, or hugs (xo), but for me it's a major red flag when the guy uses it as part of his introduction or i don't have any history (even short history) with him.  Another one that makes me cringe is when they call me "honey" or "dear." LMAO, i immediately picture some guy on a computer in Russia  who is unfamiliar with western culture and taking their scamming cues from Turner Classics movie channel. 

In my experience, scammers are notorious for asserting they are "looking for love" or, "ltr" or "their soul mate" or some similar. The red flag with these guys is they obviously have not read my profile because they really have no interest in what's in the profile. If a guy ends up telling me his life story medications, i'd feel it's a lead up to asking for money, iow, "scammer."   There's  so many scammers online, i've actually developed some pretty standard responses to their standard approach.

• Haha 2

The only time I’ve seen ‘xxx’ in a message was when some spammer sent an image advertising XXX videos. which, anymore, leads me to suspect the video content is probably rather tame.

I’ve never had anyone send me electronic kisses, and I think I would find it bizarre for anyone to do so to a complete stranger, even if he were about to violate him intimately.

Except - I can see the possibility of it happening with certain types into role-play, and particularly cross-dressers attempting to exhibit a feminine affect. I personally still find that bizarre, but I can see a rational reason behind it.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:47 AM, ErosWired said:

The only time I’ve seen ‘xxx’ in a message was when some spammer sent an image advertising XXX videos. which, anymore, leads me to suspect the video content is probably rather tame.

I’ve never had anyone send me electronic kisses, and I think I would find it bizarre for anyone to do so to a complete stranger, even if he were about to violate him intimately.

Except - I can see the possibility of it happening with certain types into role-play, and particularly cross-dressers attempting to exhibit a feminine affect. I personally still find that bizarre, but I can see a rational reason behind it.

Yeah like if it was a roleplay thing it'd be plausible, but this is genuinely just like super desperate and affectionate messages to a slut who only cares about getting a guy's cum inside them. If you want love go on dating apps rather than hookup ones or don't seek emotional validation through sex, you know? 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I suspect it's not necessarily what you think. I get a lot of weird evolutions in message-speak, particularly on Grindr. Example: "haha", which the younger set seems to use all the time to mean a variety of things. Language is constantly in evolution, and the effects of mobile communication (with UI challenges and emojis and images, oh my!) seem to exacerbate this. It's getting to the point where sometimes I genuinely can't understand what people are trying to say. And don't even get me started on the decline in literacy (there's one local guy here in WV whose messages on Sniffies are honestly really difficult to understand).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2