Another dead bathhouse

muscmtl

The Gijoe (Montreal) just burned down. Only place here for bb sex, so nomore cumunion, and frankly sex.

So montreal is now a 100% grindr scruff shit place, which means that if u a sex tourist make sure you have at least an 8 inch cuz it aint happening

Too bad, having done hundreds of bathouses all over the world, Gijoe was one of the best.

• Sad 5

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about GiJoe in Montreal. Several years ago I did a sexcation trip to this wonderful bathhouse for Cumunion. The bb vibe was spot-on! I had a really fun time. Agreed with muscmtil, "GiJoe was one of the best!"

• Upvote 1

Just now, 1Exhibitionist said:

A news article and GI Joe social media page indicate temporary closure to investigate cause of fire with intention to reopen. 🤞

Trust me. These old buildings in the village. Oncd they burn down they are gone and everything before never comes back. Gijoe aint reopening 

• Sad 1

Had a play weekend in Montreal a few years back with a Toronto buddy. it was his bday weekend. He fucked me and we hooked up at GIJoe and the other 1 or 2. that were there but i guess have since closed. so sad. It was a great place that i def wanted to visit again. 

Edited by DCWildBtm
Finished comment
  • Upvote 1
  • Piggy 1

Sorry to hear that. Was living in Montreal about 20 years ago. And went to the baths in the village. GIJOE was the biggest and best. 

I wonder when other baths in Montreal had been shut down? I remember there was another bath on the opposite side of street, called *** Ville. It was smaller and not as good as G-I-Joe.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:09 PM, T-Girl-Cumdumpster said:

reeks of insurance scam.

Possibly. On the other hand, older buildings in old parts of cities often have way-out-of-code electrical wiring, and if they're really older buildings, they have exceptionally dry timbers as framework, not steel. They almost certainly don't have modern firebreaks built into the structure.

Given that any replacement building will need to be built to today's building codes, and given that older buildings are frequently under-insured because values aren't updated frequently (especially replacement costs), I don't think it's necessarily an insurance scam at all. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, T-Girl-Cumdumpster said:

reeks of insurance scam.

Was there any hint (or rumor) that the owner was having money troubles? "Investigating the cause of the fire" could mean anything from a bunch of debris smelled a lot like acetone or alcohol to the fire started in the wall because of an arc fault in the wiring. Does the location have high redevelopment potential? --- These would be questions for Joe Patron to ask before one writes off the incident as insurance fraud.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1