Does "liberal" still actually mean nice? Are leftists still claiming to be the "nice" ones and conservatives are "mean" or what?

harrysmith26

Ever since about the 2nd half of 2021 I've realised both Joe Biden and his son (Hunter) look like they would kill their son on the spot if they came out as gay. Or in Joe's case he would just try to do some feeble punch or slap cause of him being an old fart.

They just look like loathsome Scranton trailer trash who would do that, basically. 

Trump voiced his support for gay rights at the 2016 Republican convention, he had no plans to try and undo gay marriage, and all criticisms of him are ancient shit he said in the 1970s, or talking about his VP Mike Pence, who fulfilled a ceremonial role.

It's easy for Joe to say he's "pro-gay" that's just another policy and having a pride event at the White House - that's just "another event". After all there is no known member of the Biden family who is LGBT. I'm sure we can come back to the topic of how someone can say they support something in public but be different in private.

All I see on social media is lefties saying "i'm loving seeing Trump supporters crying" and "i love the taste of your tears" ... etc. So horrendous - I wasn't one of the ones who said stupid shit like "liberal tears". In 2016 when all those Hilary supporters were uh... you know, actually crying on election night, I just looked at them with a mild bemusement and some pity, then I moved on.

If you agree with all my assessments, please indicate by calling this a "screeeeed" or something predictable like that. Thanks!

• Downvote 8

7 minutes ago, harrysmith26 said:

Ever since about the 2nd half of 2021 I've realised both Joe Biden and his son (Hunter) look like they would kill their son on the spot if they came out as gay. Or in Joe's case he would just try to do some feeble punch or slap cause of him being an old fart.

They just look like loathsome Scranton trailer trash who would do that, basically. 

Trump voiced his support for gay rights at the 2016 Republican convention, he had no plans to try and undo gay marriage, and all criticisms of him are ancient shit he said in the 1970s, or talking about his VP Mike Pence, who fulfilled a ceremonial role.

It's easy for Joe to say he's "pro-gay" that's just another policy and having a pride event at the White House - that's just "another event". After all there is no known member of the Biden family who is LGBT. I'm sure we can come back to the topic of how someone can say they support something in public but be different in private.

All I see on social media is lefties saying "i'm loving seeing Trump supporters crying" and "i love the taste of your tears" ... etc. So horrendous - I wasn't one of the ones who said stupid shit like "liberal tears". In 2016 when all those Hilary supporters were uh... you know, actually crying on election night, I just looked at them with a mild bemusement and some pity, then I moved on.

If you agree with all my assessments, please indicate by calling this a "screeeeed" or something predictable like that. Thanks!

Seems you're new here.

Most in this forum, since its LGBT, are leftie liberal.

So is this a troll post?

Edited by topblkmale

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, harrysmith26 said:

Trump voiced his support for gay rights at the 2016 Republican convention, he had no plans to try and undo gay marriage... I'm sure we can come back to the topic of how someone can say they support something in public but be different in private. [Q.E.D.]

All I see on social media is lefties saying "i'm loving seeing Trump supporters crying" and "i love the taste of your tears" ... etc.

6 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

Seems you're new here.

So is this a troll post?

1. Appearances can be deceiving.

2. The right wing does not have a corner on schadenfreude.

3. Please don't feed the trolls.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Moderators

I have no idea whether I'm nicer than you, harry, but I'm quite certain that I'm nicer than Trump. Frankly, I wasn't attempting to address those questions, as they weren't what your post purported to be about.

That was whether left-wing people are "nice" and conservatives are "mean". IMO neither is a valid generalization, nor are the opposites accurate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Piggy 1

The most leftist man (it's hard to be more leftist than him) I was with had little nicety about. And he is a Mr. Know-all as are so many from his kind. Arguments were frequent, since I didn't have the "wisdom" of not dissenting with him.

• Sad 1

I've never conflated being nice with a person position on the left to right political spectrum, both ends have their fair share of assholes and nicer people. While Donald Trump's assholery is in a class all it's own, he is not in the American definition that existed prior to 2016 a conservative, and his policy goals are a terrible fit for the American definition of both liberal and conservative.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Like @NWUSHorny and @viking8x6, I don't assume "liberals" are "nice" or that "conservatives" are "mean". Both groups include large numbers of people across almost any spectrum you could posit, and "nice" and "mean" are relative terms that don't always have a useful meaning in a particular context.

That said, as for the rest of the original ignorant post in this thread, the less said the better.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, topblkmale said:

So is this a troll post?

Yes. Yes, it is. The OP’s previous accounts have been blocked from the site, so he has made yet another account for the sole purpose of stirring shit. The best response to this recreational provocateur is no response at all.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Frankly, I wasn't attempting to address those questions, as they weren't what your post purported to be about.

That's absolute garbage. You "didn't attempt" because your ability to rebut my assertions has nothing to do with... any of the stuff that exists this side of a dimensional tear or wormhole. Thanks.

• Downvote 3

On 12/12/2023 at 4:34 AM, topblkmale said:

Seems you're new here.

So is this a troll post?

11 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Yes. Yes, it is. The OP’s previous accounts have been blocked from the site, so he has made yet another account for the sole purpose of stirring shit. The best response to this recreational provocateur is no response at all.

Figure. Look through his posts. It speaks volumes that there are NO upvotes on any of them.

It was easy in the days of Yahoo groups to identify duplicate accounts as most IP addresses were static. Unfortunately not so much the case anymore, as people can use more than one device at the same time to logon (and have multiple email addresses).

Edited by TaKinGDeePanal

1 minute ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

Figure. Look through his posts. It speaks volumes that there are NO upvotes on any of them.

It was easy in the days of Yahoo groups to identify duplicate accounts as most IP addresses were static. Unfortunately not so much the case anymore, as people can use more than one device at the same time to logon (and have multiple email addresses).

Not to mention that many of us in a lot of states have to use a VPN to connect, which means we aren't going to always have the same IP address (as visible to the website).

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

It's unusual for a leftie to think the person who got the most "votes" must be right...

• Downvote 1