Apps vs Bathhouse for Hungry Btms?

DumpHere

Tubs or Apps?  For btm looking to get plowed.  

Which one provides the better success ratio?   I’ve met some long term fuck buds (and pointing ones) on the apps.  But for me it takes so many tries to even make it to an in-person hookup.   I can’t host, missed messages, and then some of the time the chemistry isn’t there and the hookup doesn’t last long.   Of course even tougher to get a group going. And I’ve been ripped off once or twice too.   At the sex clubs most of this goes away.   I’m still hot enough to get well fucked a few times when I visit the tubs.   To get the same amount of cock and cum via the apps seems daunting.   WHAT’S YOUR EXPERIENCE?

If I want to be guaranteed to get at least one load in my ass, going to the bathhouse during a busy period is usually my best bet. Apps are quite hit or miss. I also love spending a few hours at the local ABS where they have backroom gloryholes. I camp out naked in one of the booths, and advertise on the apps, then take every cock that pokes through the hole. 

• Like 4

I think the apps work well for younger guys. The apps are so photo-oriented, which is great in your 20’s and 30’s, but post-40 not so much. Phone cameras have a nasty habit of picking out every wrinkle, every grey hair- they are no friend to those of us on the more ‘mature’ side.

I‘m in my 50’s now, and still fit enough that I attract a reasonable amount of attention if I actually present myself “in real life” at a sauna or a cruise bar/club. But I’ve more or less given up on the apps. Apart from anything else, guys can set their filters to whatever age group they like, so I won’t even show up anymore on a lot of guys’ grids- I’m literally invisible. Sure, I can lie about my age to a certain extent so I can squeeze into the ‘maximum age = 50’ group. But even this becomes untenable at a certain point...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I'm old enough that my 'apps' for hooking up were just websites... I had some success with them, not a lot compared to the amount of time spent in chat rooms or looking through profiles, but met a few people and had some good times, and I don't think there's any way I'd have had the nerve to get started somewhere like a bathhouse, so that was good. But once I had a few meets under the belt I wasn't wearing and tried out a venue (the first I went to didn't have any bath or sauna type facilities, it was just a 'cruising lounge') I knew I'd found my place. Some good options in Sydney and I can be pretty confident of getting at least a load or two any given evening - very few times has that led to any return engagements away from the venue (nowadays most of the time it's in the dark room so I wouldn't even recognise them if I saw them) so apps/sites have that advantage I guess, but I get what I want from the bathhouse.

29 minutes ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I think the apps work well for younger guys. The apps are so photo-oriented, which is great in your 20’s and 30’s, but post-40 not so much. Phone cameras have a nasty habit of picking out every wrinkle, every grey hair- they are no friend to those of us on the more ‘mature’ side.

I‘m in my 50’s now, and still fit enough that I attract a reasonable amount of attention if I actually present myself “in real life” at a sauna or a cruise bar/club. But I’ve more or less given up on the apps. Apart from anything else, guys can set their filters to whatever age group they like, so I won’t even show up anymore on a lot of guys’ grids- I’m literally invisible. Sure, I can lie about my age to a certain extent so I can squeeze into the ‘maximum age = 50’ group. But even this becomes untenable at a certain point...

That's a very good point and I agree entirely. Too many younger guys using apps are fixated about age with profiles stating an age range, for example, of 'between 18 and 39'. So, if I'm 40 years old it would appear I don't stand a cat in hell's chance of connecting. Better to meet face to face in clubs, bars or saunas.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Agree, live venues are far better than apps.

I find I get best mileage from apps with a repeat "customer" strategy. Not quite at the FB level, but knowing which guys are real and not too damn flaky helps a lot. The trick is to get my brain to pay attention to that rather than the latest pretty face/dick/ass... Which is harder when one is thinking with the little head.

• Upvote 1

My experience has been that apps are a huge waste of time, with so many guys holding out for the perfect match, which invariably doesn't exist.  So, you end up jacking off and going to bed.  However, if I  hit an ABS, sex club, or sauna,  I have no problem attracting men who are serious about wanting to fuck me or feed me their cocks.

• Like 2

Venues are way easier and you get more action but apps have still their place. You just have to be prepared for no shows and weeding out 'players', especially those under a certain age. I feel incredibly slutty hosting for random fucks and that's a huge turn on but it happens way less now that it used to.  

At the ABS I can get loads in my ass most of the time, at the bath I have gotten multiple loads all the time so far. The apps do work some of the time, but the older I get the less they work. Most guys I think look at the age first because they want younger men. In person, they are horny, and and wanting to cum, and my ass is right in front of them.

• Upvote 2

After reading the first few messages on this thread a week ago I had an idea to run an experiment.  You see, I live in Gran Canaria, and at any given time of the year, day or night, there is a constant flow of gay men coming in from all corners of the world with jsut one thing in mind: sex. I am in my late 50's and I have a friend who's in his late 20's . We are fuckbuddies and good friends otherwise. And I told him about my experiment: we would both go on apps, advertising who we really are, with no fake or photoshopped photos - just the way we are. At 27, my friend is a very good looking young man, vers, with a decent 8" dick and an ass that won't quit. We both advertised ourselves as bottoms, and on the grindr and scruff hunt off we went. Three hours later, my friend had about 40 something chats open. I had two. Four hours later, I had a decent fuck, and so did he. We then went to the clubs. A few hours later I had seven nice thick loads in my guts. My friend has three. I was fucked about 17 times, my friend had about 30 men fucking him. 

Conclusion: age on app, counts for nothing when it comes to real time hook-up. Lots of chats, lots of promises, many "I'll get dressed now" and never to be heard about, or "send me our location" and then vanishing in thin air.  People on app who are serious about hook-ups are very few; many are on the app just to check if some Arabian prince with a 10" dick has messaged them. 

Age in a club does count, but not as much as one would think. Reasonably shaped older men with the right attitutde will find sex almost as as easy as a handsome 20's hunk.  As our experiment went, my friend got almost twice as many fucks as I did, but I squeezed more loads than he did. 

We both agreed at the end of the night that apps are still a great waste of time and a wonderful way to collect some random dick or ass pics, whilst the clubs are the place to go for real time meets and action. 

I am sure that some people on apps are very nice and they are the ones keeping the hope of hooking up alive. Naturally, if you are "the only gay in the village", the app is your best friend. Also, if you are in Middle East or some other place where being gay is a big no-no, of course, the apps will be your ultimate local guide and friend (if you can weed out the local police that is). Otherwise, my friends, head for the local gay meeting point, marked by the big fallen tree, or by the nearest truck stop marked by the scent of fresh cum LOL

Happy fucks my freinds! (on apps or otherwise)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4