Is CumUnion Dead?

BlackDude

On 12/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, BlackDude said:

I recently went to the worst Cumunion Party of all time. In 4 hours, only 2 guys who actually were having sex. The rest of the guys were more interested in talking. It got so bad, a guy who works at the venue came back to the main play area, and proceeded to cuddle with a guy. Then had the nerve to say “if guys want to see a show, they can get only fans.” After the cuddling, he proceeded to have a full conversation with six other men in the play area, all gaggling like a bunch of school girls. This lasted for like an hour. 

As I drove home angry and bewildered, I wondered why this was the third straight city where Cumunion was a bust. This is why I came up with:

1. C-19

2. Cumunion is now more of Brand than an actual party

3. With modern medicine, more guys are into BB so the novelty of Cumunion  has worn off

4. The exclusivity is gone, so now it attracts guys of all types in cities that don’t have a big “piggy” gay culture. 

I actually thought of setting up my own private parties, though not sure how that would work.

Thoughts? Is Cumunion over?

went to Comunion in Vegas, was fuckfest.  Great time for all!

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 1:23 PM, dickluva said:

Really want to try Cumunion at Jackhammer⚒️ someday.

You need to do this.  Cumunion at Jackhammer, in their new playspace, is really nice.  You are all playing in one room with a number of slings and some places to brace yourself as you are fucked.   I think the room tops out at just under 100 people permitted in it.  More arrived as guys left.  It was a great sex party!

• Like 1

My observation is that Cumunion and other piggish sex events will survive in cities where piggish sex is readily available anyway, and it will lead to bigger crowds and a lowering of inhibitions at the publicized event. In places where piggish sex isn't readily available fewer venues are seeing the benefit of paying the Communion organizer a cut, it may bring in a few guys that wouldn't otherwise come, but it also drives away regulars that don't like the more piggish events. The venues that are still hosting Communions in the less piggish cities are continuing to promote it online where us pigs will see it, but have completely removed any acknowledgement of it at the venue itself, to limit the number of regulars they are scaring off by hosting a sex pig event.

• Like 1

I can speak for San Francisco Cumunion. Everything changed with the change from 442 natoma to the new 1060 Folsom location. 

The new location is just not great: too sparse, and toilets are never working properly: god save you if you need to pee/shit or else.. There's no ass cleaning stations so people are mostly left to clean out at home. I've been there a few times with people not cleaned out properly and causing messes that may or may not be dealt with. The whole scene is sad and tragic and pushes good valuable people from coming back. Folks populating this space are often fully dressed weirdos that walk back if you try to touch them.. and often people struggle to make a connection these days. Nothing like the good ol' 442 natoma days.  

I'm lucky enough to be able to go to parties like these in Europe and the difference is SO dramatic:  For starters there's no need for a specific event because men are going out weekly to fuck.  Most cruise places have proper cleaning toilets/stations. Like come on guys, people come here to fuck: it's just a hose and a stall. People will clean out at the venue with no hangups. A place like Barcelona has 5 ongoing parties thrus to sun, every day. This makes a whole crowd of people to come out and have fun all the time. Same with Paris, Berlin, GC, Torre...

San Francisco lost the intertia and the art of cruising long ago and it ain't coming back with crap places like 1060 Folsom. That said, there are glimmers or hope. the guys at Truck are really trying and some of their 'truck tuesdays' have really stuck the landing. They just need a lot more consistency in the schedule and place.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, rawfuckr said:

I can speak for San Francisco Cumunion. Everything changed with the change from 442 natoma to the new 1060 Folsom location. 

The new location is just not great: too sparse, and toilets are never working properly: god save you if you need to pee/shit or else.. There's no ass cleaning stations so people are mostly left to clean out at home. I've been there a few times with people not cleaned out properly and causing messes that may or may not be dealt with. The whole scene is sad and tragic and pushes good valuable people from coming back. Folks populating this space are often fully dressed weirdos that walk back if you try to touch them.. and often people struggle to make a connection these days. Nothing like the good ol' 442 natoma days.  

I'm lucky enough to be able to go to parties like these in Europe and the difference is SO dramatic:  For starters there's no need for a specific event because men are going out weekly to fuck.  Most cruise places have proper cleaning toilets/stations. Like come on guys, people come here to fuck: it's just a hose and a stall. People will clean out at the venue with no hangups. A place like Barcelona has 5 ongoing parties thrus to sun, every day. This makes a whole crowd of people to come out and have fun all the time. Same with Paris, Berlin, GC, Torre...

San Francisco lost the intertia and the art of cruising long ago and it ain't coming back with crap places like 1060 Folsom. That said, there are glimmers or hope. the guys at Truck are really trying and some of their 'truck tuesdays' have really stuck the landing. They just need a lot more consistency in the schedule and place.

I remember those first parties that were on Folsom across from the Gultch Bookstore. Epic!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, rawfuckr said:

I only got to go to 442 once.  That place was the bomb.   1060.. . Uhg...not so much, very awkward space.  

Hello,

This is always an interesting topic; I agree the causes for the current general state of the Cumunion parties are multifactorial.  I started going to the parties early only on,  during 2010 or 2011 in San Francisco and have noticed the changes that have occurred over time.  In my experience, even prior to covid-19, the parties have been gradually becoming more hit-or-miss. 

The parties started during an era when even at sex clubs, there were often questions about condom usage and HIV status prior to hookups.    So having the parties where these discussions did not occur was refreshing for those of us who enjoyed barebacking.   As time has moved on and there have been medical advancements, pretty much all of the encounters in recent years, in my experience, have been  bareback, without questions being asked.  So Cumunion is no longer unique in this regard.

I think too that  the brand has been overextended and no longer seems to be a special event.  As was mentioned in an earlier post, several venues have more than one party per month.  And there are numerous cities that now host the events.  (Take a look at that crowded Cumunion map).  In my opinion, this dilutes the experience and likely eliminates people making  special efforts to attend, knowing there will be another party in a week or two. 

Also, the behaviors/attitudes at  the parties can vary, as many seem to  attract guys who are not attending to have piggy sex, but to be voyeurs or to socialize with friends.

Yes, time brings changes!!

chiilfuck

• Upvote 1