The data protection act and privacy act

I am very concerned and now I fear for my personal safety after you have publicly displayed my data on the World Wide Web.

You have seriously and adversely affected my life and the attitude and interaction of of friends and others in my community towards me.

I never gave you my consent to do this and according to your Terms and Conditions, under Your Warranties, you detail how my data is filed into a database in which you can use and seemingly distribute as you see fit.

This is a breach of the data protection act.

Despite what your Terms and Conditions are, you do not own my data and you are certainly not safeguarding my data in line with the data protection act and privacy laws.

I query if this publishing and distribution of user data on the World Wide Web is a design fault of the site which is being exploited by you or you have always intended to so called ‘out’ the users of this site without their express consent.

Keith Campbell 

The owner of the website has gone to great lengths and costs to ensure they're compliant with the right for users to delete their data and accounts inline with GDPR to ensure the website could still be accessed by users in the EU, and now the UK since the split.

This forum is no different to Facebook, Twitter/X, TikTok or any other social media website or app. Any data posted on the platform could be accessible by other people via search engines. 

It's your responsibility to ensure you're not posting anything you wouldn't want being obtained by a 3rd party.

You as a citizen of the UK have the right to ask Google and other search engines for the right of deletion to delete the data you can prove is about you.

You also have the right to submit an account deletion request from this website. The account and associated linked data will be deleted within the GDPR compliance timeframe as stated in the forum posts on the site. 

Whilst you wait for that to happen, assuming you submit the request, I'd suggest deleting your profile pics that have your face on if you're that concerned as well as any other identifiable information you have posted. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
On 2/15/2024 at 4:36 AM, keith55 said:

I am very concerned and now I fear for my personal safety after you have publicly displayed my data on the World Wide Web.

You have seriously and adversely affected my life and the attitude and interaction of of friends and others in my community towards me.

I never gave you my consent to do this and according to your Terms and Conditions, under Your Warranties, you detail how my data is filed into a database in which you can use and seemingly distribute as you see fit.

Despite what your Terms and Conditions are, you do not own my data and you are certainly not safeguarding my data in line with the data protection act and privacy laws.

I query if this publishing and distribution of user data on the World Wide Web is a design fault of the site which is being exploited by you or you have always intended to so called ‘out’ the users of this site without their express consent.

Keith Campbell 

You agreed to those terms of service 1) every time you accessed the site from a new device (and when your cookies were deleted or expired), and 2) when you registered for the site. The fact that you repeatedly agreed to things without reading them is not our fault.

Most people find this site through Google, and the fact that you can view most of the posts without logging in means we don't hide the fact that most posts on this site are public. Your failure to see the obvious is not our fault.

The data protection act doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. We have no business presence in the UK, hence we do far more than is legally required.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

On 2/15/2024 at 8:36 PM, keith55 said:

Keith Campbell 

You should know that everything you publish on the WWW automatically becomes "Public Property". Why are you now concerned after posting 176 times?

• 3 weeks later...

You have not addressed my serious concerns about my personal safety which has been jeopardised by you publishing my data on the World Wide Web.

Your terms and conditions state that this website has public discussion forums and my understanding is that what I post is visible to other registered users within the context of the website.

Nobody reads all the terms and conditions of a website before registering. I personally think you have taken advantage of this fact. It should be made perfectly clear what your intentions are for publishing on the World Wide Web when registering. Instead it is ‘hidden’ away in your Terms and Conditions.

Your policy of publishing user data on the world wide web exceeds and jeopardises the privacy and safety of each and every registered member of your website.

Not everyone in the world is as tolerant and  understanding with barebacking or bugchasing as users of this website.

I seriously think you are undermining the so called ‘ bareback community’ that you purport to support.

By the use of search engines I do not see any of my data from other adult sites published on the World Wide Web.

To suggest it is common practice for a registered user of a website to have their data from the website published on the World Wide Web is incorrect.

• Downvote 5

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, keith55 said:

this website has public discussion forums and my understanding is that what I post is visible [only] to other registered users

If it were visible only to other registered users, it wouldn't be a public forum, it would be a private forum. Reddit is an excellent and well-established example of a public forum. This is not a new concept on the WWW; it has been around since shortly after the public release of WWW technology in the mid 1990's, if not earlier.

As @rawTOP pointed out, the fact that you could see (almost) all the content of the site upon your initial visit to it, before you had created a login, really ought to have made its nature evident.

10 minutes ago, keith55 said:

Not everyone in the world is as tolerant and  understanding with barebacking or bugchasing as users of this website.

We are well aware of this fact. That is why there are several private subforums, the content of which can NOT be seen on the WWW unless you are a logged-in member. The great bulk of the job of the Moderators is to keep the more alarming topics on the site in those subforums.

• Thanks 1

Easiest solution as I mentioned previously is request your account be deleted and all your data will be removed, problem solved.

Try not to trip over your indignation and spurious claims on the way out.

Edited by UKFFBBBtm
Spelling errors
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Perhaps explain what this data breach is, that you believe you have highlighted? What, exactly, do you think you've stumbled upon?

I don't like to feed trolls but I think there is a learning opportunity here.

• Moderators

Not trolling, merely confusion. The contents of (most of) the Forums on Breeding Zone are visible to the public on the internet. It's intentionally built that way, so that people in general can see (and benefit from) the discussions. That is the definition of a public forum. The OP was under the (incorrect) impression that it was not the case.

All of one's personal login data (email address, IP address, password...) are of course not available to the public (nor to other members).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given the OP's apparent concern about the world finding out who he (actually) is, I wonder why he initially offered personal identifying information in the first place.  Things like birthdays, actual age, other personal identifying information can justifiably be "close", but not the actual facts.  Whether one was born in September of 2000 or October of 2000 wouldn't make much difference to other guys on BZ, neither would be whether he's got a hairy Hole or smooth - 7" Cock or 7.25" Cock - blue eyes or grey - blonde hair or brown.  There are plenty of "empty" profiles on BZ, and their commentary is appreciated as much as guys with profiles filled with minutia such as whether they eat one egg or two for breakfast. 

Publishing details that are so intensely "identifying" seems odd for a guy that fears such information would become (as it always does) "public" information.  There are risks involved in just getting out of bed in the morning.  

• Upvote 3

Now that you know profiles are publicly visible, you could edit your profile to only include what you're comfortable sharing. It would be more productive than complaining about the forum we use for free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, verslut said:

Now that you know profiles are publicly visible, you could edit your profile to only include what you're comfortable sharing. It would be more productive than complaining about the forum we use for free.

One thing though… there exists cached versions out there being collected by web crawlers… such as on the Wayback Machine. Everyone needs to understand that once it’s out there… you’ve released the Kraken… so to speak. 

Edited by badjujuboy