Unrest at the Universities

hntnhole

We're seeing increasingly strident unrest at many Universities/Colleges throughout the country lately, and the issue has become urgent.  

What presents as anti-"Jewish" demonstrations, is - as I see it - misplaced anger.  While the plight of the Palestinians is truly desperate and only getting worse by the day, and the perpetrators of that outrage are obviously guilty of inhumanity and worse, blaming "The Jews" is misplaced, reactionary, and poorly-thought-out - as I see it.  

The blame doesn't lie with "The Jews" - it lies with the Government of Israel, and particularly with a soulless and utterly corrupt Prime Minister, devoted only to saving his own political skin, which is a completely different issue.  He has resisted calls for elections, invents every conceivable excuse for postponing them, because he knows his "war plan" to murder as many Palestinians as possible is a crime against humanity, and not supported by a clear majority of the voting public in Israel. 

The "eye-for-an-eye" equation of antiquity has morphed, in this depraved P.M.'s limited vision, into visiting that which The Jews suffered in the last century, upon the Palestinian population, a handful of which deserve punishment, with the vast majority of these people remaining innocent of the October attack.  

I don't have any issue with students everywhere protesting the actions of the Israeli Government, steeping in it's hateful inhumanity.  I completely support Bernie Sanders in his stand against allowing one penny of US funds to be used in any way to further this atrocity against men, women, children, babies, that have in no way injured the State of Israel.  I well remember the anti-war demonstrations of the last enormous folly of US foreign policy, (when the Draft-Dodger-in-Chief's father hired a quack doctor to diagnose his worthless p.o.s. son with "bone spurs").  That greasy-headed McNamara, with his policy of "containment" is worthy only of contempt, and Westmoreland should have refused to carry out his President's orders, including the "carpet-bombing" of neighboring non-combatant countries. We're seeing parallel examples of misguided and tragic policies today in the Levant, by an equally depraved PM.

Making this distinction clear - "Jews" vs the Israeli Government - is critical to the US as well, since it is the US who is Israel's chief ally.  Anything else is nothing less than hideously Hitler-esque, and could cost a kind and decent man his re-election.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For what I've seen, it is the media, or more precisely the right wing media, who seems confused as to whom the students are protesting against. This I believe, is a fake confusion pretended to spread misinformation in a manner that looks honest and outraged.

Most protesters seem to be mad about the excesses of the Netanyahu response and not against the Jewish people, which in a large proportion,are also horrified by the murderous response of the government of Israel. If this wasn't an electoral year, Fox and the like wouldn't be putting out so much misinformation about the nature of the protests.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, KERVORKIANjack said:

Sounds like quite a "conspiracy theory" you've got there!

Nah. It's standard fake outrage at Fox, nothing new or theoretical, but I agree, very, very conspiratorial.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KERVORKIANjack said:

Sounds like quite a "conspiracy theory" you've got there!

When you've dealt with astroturf "organizations" before, you start to recognize their tricks.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hntnhole said:

We're seeing increasingly strident unrest at many Universities/Colleges throughout the country lately, and the issue has become urgent.  

What presents as anti-"Jewish" demonstrations, is - as I see it - misplaced anger.  While the plight of the Palestinians is truly desperate and only getting worse by the day, and the perpetrators of that outrage are obviously guilty of inhumanity and worse, blaming "The Jews" is misplaced, reactionary, and poorly-thought-out - as I see it.  

The blame doesn't lie with "The Jews" - it lies with the Government of Israel, and particularly with a soulless and utterly corrupt Prime Minister, devoted only to saving his own political skin, which is a completely different issue.  He has resisted calls for elections, invents every conceivable excuse for postponing them, because he knows his "war plan" to murder as many Palestinians as possible is a crime against humanity, and not supported by a clear majority of the voting public in Israel. 

The "eye-for-an-eye" equation of antiquity has morphed, in this depraved P.M.'s limited vision, into visiting that which The Jews suffered in the last century, upon the Palestinian population, a handful of which deserve punishment, with the vast majority of these people remaining innocent of the October attack.  

I don't have any issue with students everywhere protesting the actions of the Israeli Government, steeping in it's hateful inhumanity.  I completely support Bernie Sanders in his stand against allowing one penny of US funds to be used in any way to further this atrocity against men, women, children, babies, that have in no way injured the State of Israel.  I well remember the anti-war demonstrations of the last enormous folly of US foreign policy, (when the Draft-Dodger-in-Chief's father hired a quack doctor to diagnose his worthless p.o.s. son with "bone spurs").  That greasy-headed McNamara, with his policy of "containment" is worthy only of contempt, and Westmoreland should have refused to carry out his President's orders, including the "carpet-bombing" of neighboring non-combatant countries. We're seeing parallel examples of misguided and tragic policies today in the Levant, by an equally depraved PM.

Making this distinction clear - "Jews" vs the Israeli Government - is critical to the US as well, since it is the US who is Israel's chief ally.  Anything else is nothing less than hideously Hitler-esque, and could cost a kind and decent man his re-election.  

Are there any Jewish people or organizations speaking out against the Israeli government?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, 50latinos said:

Most protesters seem to be mad about the excesses of the Netanyahu response and not against the Jewish people

I haven't been able to discern that distinction. 

In the broadcast media*, I do see the banners asking the institutions to divest, etc, but I see more signs failing to make the distinction.  As far as I know*, all of the institutions have replied in the negative.  Most of the banners/signs the students display seem to be anti-Jewish, rather than anti-Israeli Government and their PM.  If the focus of the protests were anti-Government, I doubt so many Jewish students would be so afraid to take part.  

I see the attacks/condemnations against Jewish students (or faculty, for that matter) as misplaced.  That said .....  

Thanks for your input.  

*I haven't watched tv as of yet today though ... I only watch Fox when there's a decent game on ... this new, "off-season" league isn't all that bad, though ... better than nothing!

Edited by hntnhole
qualifier

11 hours ago, BlackDude said:

Are there any Jewish people or organizations speaking out against the Israeli government?

Of course.  Bernie Sanders being the most vociferous that I've heard.  

22 hours ago, 50latinos said:

For what I've seen, it is the media, or more precisely the right wing media, who seems confused as to whom the students are protesting against. This I believe, is a fake confusion pretended to spread misinformation in a manner that looks honest and outraged.

Most protesters seem to be mad about the excesses of the Netanyahu response and not against the Jewish people, which in a large proportion,are also horrified by the murderous response of the government of Israel. If this wasn't an electoral year, Fox and the like wouldn't be putting out so much misinformation about the nature of the protests.

If somebody blocks access to Jewish student to university because of his religion, specifically because of actions happening in countries on the other side of the world, then it is definitely not a fault of any media. It is purely a religious hatred. I am happy enough to live in a secular country which is considered one of the most atheistic ones in the world. And guess what - most of people believe into something, but everyone respects each other as we live secularly. But no nation-wide Christian fasting or Ramadan... Being atheist does not mean having no faith, it just means that we will live accordingly to set of mutually agreed laws and rules and we will not harm another people because they believe in something else. Honestly viewed from our point of view, any place where there is a war due to religion could have already have peace If they wanted to. Last but not least, I had a beautiful childhood and I truly believe that every child should have such childhood. I feel genuinely a deeply sorry for all the children suffering accross the world. But at the same time I have nothing in common with either Palestine or Israel which means that I have no power whatsoever to end this conflict, even If my idea was perfect. Only the two parties involved can end it. Are they willing to do so? Doesn't seem like that to me. Should I be attacking my Muslim or Jewish fellow inhabitants because of that? Hell NO! 

Btw...does anybody else here realize that couple years back, it was absolute NO to have a political topics on sex site? Do we contribute to religious hatred or propaganda by having them? On the site dedicated to gay bareback sex? Do we want to engage in religious hatred before or after having our cunts creamed well? Let me know in comments (and then go search your conscience If you do want to engage in it).

Peace! ☮️

• Upvote 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, leakyhole said:

If somebody blocks access to Jewish student to university because of his religion, specifically because of actions happening in countries on the other side of the world, then it is definitely not a fault of any media.

On the other hand, if the media report that pro-Palestinian protesters are "blocking access to Jewish students" when really the protesters are blocking the access of everyone, then the media are definitely contributing to the problem. Hence the need to assess the facts carefully before condemning anyone.

Btw...does anybody else here realize that couple years back, it was absolute NO to have a political topics on sex site? Do we contribute to religious hatred or propaganda by having them? On the site dedicated to gay bareback sex?

On BZ we try VERY HARD not to contribute to hatred, propaganda, and other things that harm our community. Certain forums get extra attention from the moderation staff for that reason.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/30/2024 at 1:19 PM, leakyhole said:

Btw...does anybody else here realize that couple years back, it was absolute NO to have a political topics on sex site?

and

On 4/30/2024 at 2:59 PM, viking8x6 said:

On BZ we try VERY HARD not to contribute to hatred, propaganda, and other things that harm our community. Certain forums get extra attention from the moderation staff for that reason.

And it's why the Politics forum is a separate, sub-forum that it's very easy to avoid if you don't like reading/talking about politics. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 2:28 AM, BootmanLA said:

When you've dealt with astroturf "organizations" before, you start to recognize their tricks.

"astroturf" that's cute we're taking a trip back to 2010 now.

Can Dennis Hopper be alive again plox?

On 5/3/2024 at 6:11 AM, KERVORKIANjack said:

"astroturf" that's cute we're taking a trip back to 2010 now.

Can Dennis Hopper be alive again plox?

Just because a technique (for anything) was developed some time ago doesn't mean it's not still in use. Astroturfing is one of the easiest and most cost-effective means of faking grass-roots outrage over something.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Just because a technique (for anything) was developed some time ago doesn't mean it's not still in use. Astroturfing is one of the easiest and most cost-effective means of faking grass-roots outrage over something.

You forgot to call me a "koch-sucker"!