Project 2025

tallslenderguy

Turns out the backers of Tump have a plan: "Project 2025. ill put the link at the bottom to the actual document, i think it's about 900 pages. Here's an excerpt from an Advocate article on the conservative plan of action if trump gets elected.

"It calls for barring transgender people from the military and to stop what it considers the “toxic normalization of transgenderism” across the government and American society. It seeks to abolish the president’s Gender Policy Council, “which it views as promoting abortion and the ‘new woke gender ideology,’” Accountable.US notes.

The next Health and Human Services secretary, Project 2025 recommends, should reverse what it calls a focus on “‘LGBTQ+ equity,’ subsidizing single-motherhood, disincentivizing work, and penalizing marriage, replacing such policies with those encouraging marriage, work, motherhood, fatherhood, and nuclear families.”"

[think before following links] https://www.advocate.com/politics/project-2025-anti-lgbtq

[think before following links] https://www.project2025.org/policy/

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Turns out the backers of Tump have a plan: "Project 2025. ill put the link at the bottom to the actual document, i think it's about 900 pages. Here's an excerpt from an Advocate article on the conservative plan of action if trump gets elected.

"It calls for barring transgender people from the military and to stop what it considers the “toxic normalization of transgenderism” across the government and American society. It seeks to abolish the president’s Gender Policy Council, “which it views as promoting abortion and the ‘new woke gender ideology,’” Accountable.US notes.

The next Health and Human Services secretary, Project 2025 recommends, should reverse what it calls a focus on “‘LGBTQ+ equity,’ subsidizing single-motherhood, disincentivizing work, and penalizing marriage, replacing such policies with those encouraging marriage, work, motherhood, fatherhood, and nuclear families.”"

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.advocate.com/politics/project-2025-anti-lgbtq

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.project2025.org/policy/

Indeed, and Project2025 goes a LOT farther than just these cultural issues. It's basically an outline for hard-core MAGA/fascists to take control of the entire federal government, in perpetuity. Another key thing: they want to end civil service as we know it for every position in federal government where decisions get made, so that anyone - literally anyone - can be replaced by political hacks if he steps out of line of what leadership wants.

And they're not shy about it, and it's not just a couple of fringe, nutcase groups pushing this. It's part and parcel of the Heritage Foundation, which is probably the most significant right wing (formerly conservative, but nothing's conservative about it any more). 

Add in all the Supreme Court decisions they just handed down that neuter the ability of the executive branch agencies to ward off political attacks - and you have the perfect storm if Trump is re-elected. There will literally be NOTHING standing in his way.

And the most ominous thing: Project 2025 is calling this a "Second American Revolution" and says it will be "bloodless as long as the left allows it to be." Notice he didn't just say "peaceful" -  he said "bloodless". And only if the left rolls over and allows them to seize power. Otherwise, they're basically promising bloodshed.

I'm so tired of "both sides" rhetoric from idiots who don't hear what the far right is telling us, in their own words, what's going to happen if they can get Trump back into office. 

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

I'm so tired of "both sides" rhetoric from idiots who don't hear what the far right is telling us, in their own words, what's going to happen if they can get Trump back into office

Those of us that have experienced a few Presidential elections through the years, have always heard words to the effect that "THIS is the most important election in decades", issued in Stentorian Tones by respected politicians, maybe to the point that we simply tune these types of claims out automatically.  We think "yeah, yeah, same old rhetoric, we've heard it so many times before ..."  

This time however, it's actually the case.  The enemies of Freedom for All have been planning this kind of putsch for decades, and now - in their myopic eyes - it's a "last chance" election to destroy the institutions of our nation once and for all.  We see what the Heritage Foundation has wrought with the Supreme Court.  We see examples of repressions advancing in States across the nation.  

While the underlying reasons for this bitterness in our misguided fellow citizens may vary from person to person, the fact is they've been working towards the Totalitarian Agenda for years, quietly, behind the scenes, and they see this upcoming election as their Final Battle with secularism, humanistic government, those who believe differently from themselves.  They've tried and failed in countless half-measures, and now they're going Full Frontal in their assault on what the United States has stood for since the Civil War.  I'm not saying our Government is perfect, in some areas, far from it. 

I'm saying it's the best chance humanity has to advance, to make the idea of Government by all the people, for all the people, instead of a ruling class dominating everyone else that has surfaced in centuries.  When the intellectually lazy, indifferent to anything other then their own smallish notions, listen to false prophets, the Noble Experiment is threatened.  

Far from perfect, yet still holding hope for improving the lot of all, our Democracy is (as the benighted constantly rail against), the best hope humankind has yet come up with.  

John Oliver has been using the construct of comedy for some time now to help us wipe the film of hatred from our eyes, and I hope that everyone laughs first, and then takes his message to heart.

Thanks so much for sharing this, tallslenderboy. 

• Upvote 3

Here's a few clues as to how serious a problem Project 2025 is.

First, today, Trump categorically denied any involvement with Project 2025. Specifically he said:

1. "I know nothing about Project 2025." 

That may be true, but only if his encroaching senility has caused him to forget it, along with the names of his wife and some of his children and various other aspects of his life. Either that, or he no longer has any connection with any news whatsoever, as even Newsmax (reportedly among his favorite sources once FoxNews sort of "turned on him") has been reporting on Project 2025 since last year.

2. "I have no idea who is behind it." Project 2025 is part of the Heritage Foundation, and it's headed by three individuals, ALL THREE of whom worked for Trump in the Office of Personnel Management, including that office's former director. Trump appointed all three. Again, if he has no idea who's behind it, it's because he can no longer remember key appointments he made in his term in office. And Biden's the one who's shaky?

3. "I disagree with some of the things they're saying." Really? He just said he knows nothing about them. and yet he knows enough to disagree with "some" of the things they're saying? Which things?

4. "Some of the things they're saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal." Again, which ones, and how does he know this, if he literally knows nothing about the Project?

5. "Anything they do, I wish them luck" Which may be the only true part of this entire statement.

6. "But I have nothing to do with them." Yeah, right.

Second: what Project 2025 is pushing is much the same as what he was pushing during his term in office, but on steroids. The fact that this is headed by three people who used to lead the office of Personnel Management is key: they know that if you can fire/hire all new staff at top levels across federal agencies, there's going to be little or no pushback from people as he tries to implement crazy policies - especially considering the expanded power and immunity the Supreme Court gave him this term.

Third: P2025 is about so much more than this. They're fairly open in their aims: they want literally the entirety of the federal government to be able to turn on a dime and change to follow the whims of ONE man - in this case, Trump - who happens to be in the Oval Office. They want complete control of the military, so that every officer in command of anyone else is vetted as loyal to the president, not to the U.S. They want the intelligence community to be the same - and given Trump's documented leaking of intelligence information to adversaries, there's not a reason in the world for ANY of our allies to trust us, if this comes to pass. 

They want to gut agencies from the EPA to Agriculture to Education, from Housing & Urban Development to Transportation to the Interior. 

Again, this isn't wild conjecture: it's all spelled out in the Project 2025 book.

There have been Project 2025 leadership comments that they basically want to repeal much of what the federal government has done for the entire twentieth century. We would return to being a global backwater (but one where immigration is almost impossible), with little to no investment in infrastructure. And if you think big corporations have too much power today, imagine what it's like when all the agencies that regulate them are gutted of virtually all of their regulatory power.

And I don't think I'm being excessively hyperbolic when I say that Trump, if re-elected, may never leave office until he dies. During his last gasp efforts to stave off Congress certifying the EC's validation of Biden as the next president, he openly explored ways to use the military to toss out electoral votes he thought should have been his. Imagine if he declares he's running again, and all the red states dutifully put him on the ballot, and this Supreme Court rules that well, this is a problem for the other branches to work out. In the wake of the protests in assorted blue states, Trump declares martial law, and again the Court refuses to step in to stop him, and elections in key blue states are disrupted so that the EC votes for Trump again.

And imagine if, somewhere in there, his VP dutifully resigns so he can name Junior as his VP, which the now solidly Republican Congress endorses. A year later, Senior is said to be suffering from assorted illnesses and resigns in favor of Junior, and we're well on our way to the United States of Trump.

Think it can't happen here? The only reason our institutions have stood up over time, to date, is that as good or bad as individual presidents were, they respected the system, and likewise for the Supreme Court. Trump doesn't respect the system, which is why he wants to overturn it entirely, and the Court is poised to let him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I should add: The fact that Trump feels compelled at all to disavow knowledge of Project 2025 tells me his campaign realizes that this is scaring the shit out of swing voters. This is a stinking albatross that needs to be hung around Trump's neck every day until the election.

• Upvote 1

Lastly: a former KGB sleeper agent publicly praised one of Project 2025's architects in Russia on the country's flagship state-owned television network, gloating that under the policies they're supporting, the US would have no reason to support Ukraine at all.

The nation that is described as our chief adversary by the State Department is openly promoting this project. This isn't another so-called Russian hoax (which wasn't a hoax at all); this is an outright admission that Project 2025 has Russia's approval.

In a sane country not infected with Trump Adoration Syndrome, this should be enough to end his campaign. The fact that it's not should be sobering.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

...I don't think I'm being excessively hyperbolic....

No, thoroughly analytical me thinks.  Thanks for grabbing hold and further opening and dissecting this can of... snakes.

What stands out to me with Project 2025 is how brazen, open, those who would pull the strings are with this.  They plainly state that this is about way more than trump or the 2024 election. This is about changing the infrastructure of our country that guards against having a king. Get that kind of control and it won't be the president who controls things but the ones who  pull his strings.  

It's appalling to me how evil these people are and what makes it really scary is i am intimately familiar with the emotional mind set of those who believe they know what "God" wants. They are delusional, truly believing they know God, so their only conscience or moral guard is what they have convinced their self is "God." And "God" can do no wrong.  Keep in mind, these people follow a "God" who's gonna send all of us to hell to burn in eternal flames and torture.  So, how could anything they do to infidels be worse?  

If you think i'm exaggerating, check out the list of Project 2025 advisory board members, then start googling them. How about "Liberty University." Pat Robertson and the 700 club. That show gives me the chills. Pats university still gives out counseling degrees in fun stuff like 'reparative therapy." 

Here's the list of the Project 2025 advisory board members:

The 60 groups that make up the Advisory Board include: 

1792 Exchange  

Alabama Policy Institute  

Alliance Defending Freedom  

America First Legal  

American Accountability Foundation  

American Center for Law and Justice  

American Compass  

American Cornerstone Institute  

American Council of Trustees and Alumni  

American Family Association 

American Family Project 

American Legislative Exchange Council  

American Juris Link 

American Moment  

American Principles Project  

Center for Equal Opportunity  

Center for Family and Human Rights  

Center for Immigration Studies  

Center for Renewing America  

Claremont Institute  

Coalition for a Prosperous America 

Competitive Enterprise Institute  

Concerned Women for America  

Conservative Partnership Institute  

Defense of Freedom Institute  

Ethics and Public Policy Center  

Family Policy Alliance  

Family Research Council  

First Liberty Institute  

Forge Leadership Network  

Foundation for Defense of Democracies  

Foundation for Government Accountability  

FreedomWorks  

Heritage Foundation  

Hillsdale College  

Honest Elections Project 

Independent Women’s Forum  

Institute for Education Reform 

Institute for Energy Research  

Institute for the American Worker  

Institute for Women’s Health  

Intercollegiate Studies Institute  

James Madison Institute   

Keystone Policy  

Liberty University  

Mississippi Center for Public Policy 

National Association of Scholars  

National Center for Public Policy Research  

Pacific Research Institute  

Patrick Henry College  

Personnel Policy Operations  

Public Interest Legal Foundation 

Recovery for America Now Foundation  

Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America  

Teneo Network  

Texas Public Policy Foundation  

The American Conservative  

The American Main Street Initiative   

The Leadership Institute  

Young America’s Foundation  

[think before following links] https://www.heritage.org/press/project-2025-continues-grow-60-partners-preparing-next-presidential-administration

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/5/2024 at 2:26 PM, BootmanLA said:

Trump, if re-elected, may never leave office until he dies

Excessively hyperbolic?  Hardly.

I'll lay you 10 to 1 that's not merely a current plan, it's been his plan since he first squeezed his fat-congealed ass out of Turd Tower to announce last time around.  

The only shred of logic around most of his domestic official acts points to exactly that result.  He wants to be a "lifer" - so long as it's not in the clink.  Worse, he wants to take as many decent folks with him when he croaks out his last lie.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BlueSaphir said:

Stop contributing to republicans of donation of money and THEIR supporters

Well, can't stop what I've never done in the first place.  But if I'm still amongst the living, I'll damn well VOTE against them.  

Even if it's only out of a desire for self-preservation, we need to vote Straight Ticket Democratic in November. 

The down-ballot positions are just as important as the big, national positions.  

• Upvote 1

[think before following links] https://www.heritage.org/press/project-2025-continues-grow-60-partners-preparing-next-presidential-administration

tall tendguy is not being not an alarmist, but ringing an alarm bell.  we are headed for a dictatorship if trump is elected. no doubt about it. his supporters say it, he hints at it openly.

• Like 1