Classic Trump

• 3 weeks later...

Big corporations bought all of apartments while Ben Carson was the interior secretary under Trump raised rates sky high after covidr war I Ukraine has raised gass price then lots of factories were short on parts from overseas after covide.bone spurs is Putin's ass kisser ..he wants us as yo turn into Russia.jusy go to Russia if you like that shit .don't take away my Democracy .fuck Trump fuck Putn and fuck project 2025

• Upvote 1

"Former President Donald Trump's recent acknowledgment that he lost the 2020 election has rattled prominent far-right figures, with some saying they will lead a campaign to keep him from being elected in 2024.

At least three times in recent weeks Trump, the 2024 Republican party nominee, has acknowledged that he lost in 2020 "by a whisker."

"He beat us by a whisker. It was a terrible thing," Trump said of President Joe Biden during a 45 minute interview Aug. 4 with podcaster Lex Fridman. He used similar language at an Aug. 30 Moms for Liberty summit and an Aug. 23 press event at the Southern border.

Despite frequently and falsely claiming that he actually won the election and making the issue a central point of his 2024 bid, Trump has occasionally over the last few years admitted that he lost. Trump lost the popular vote to Biden by 7 million votes and the Electoral College by 74 electoral votes. His effort to overturn the election culminated in Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters hoping to stop the certification of his defeat.

The reaction to Trump's most recent comments from some far-right activists and influencers has been unusually stark.

White nationalist Nick Fuentes blasted Trump Sept. 4 for admitting that he lost the 2020 election, and said that he will work to get voters not to back Trump.

"So, why did we do Stop the Steal? Why did did anyone go to Jan. 6? Why did any one go to jail? ... It would have been good to know that before 1,600 people got charged," Fuentes said on his podcast, referring to the criminal charges for those who invaded and ransacked the Capitol. "It would’ve been good to know that before (I) had all my money frozen, put on a no-fly list, banned from everything, lost all my bank and payment processing.”"

[think before following links] https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-admits-lost-2020-leading-192730313.html?spot_im_highlight_immediate=true&spot_im_reply_id=sp_Rba9aFpG_f18f1714-13c9-3b18-b348-5a85722416cb_c_2lff0F0LeWFfQTJXSvgsf4oqoPH_r_2lk23HqSlALpL4bFKAkyJ6TiW0V&utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=liked-message&spot_im_redirect_source=email

"Why?" indeed Nick.  That's the question the non fringe part of the country has been asking for years.  Why would you, or anyone, chose to disbelieve all the systems we have in place to ensure fraud and stolen elections don't happen. Instead believe all the people running those systems are part of a conspiracy, and not one of them is going to blow a whistle. Instead you believe one guy who needs a thesaurus and  isn't very good at lying?  In trumpland, everything you lost is just a "whisker."

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Mnstpdad said:

.fuck Trump fuck Putn

Yeah, just not literally !!!  The biggest dick on Earth couldn't get past all that congealed, compacted blubber ... the fat's probably orange too. 

As to Pukin, all he really needs is a big open window in some Moscow high-rise tenement building ... I wonder if there'd be enough left for the street sweepers to pick up.

7 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

"Why?" indeed Nick.  That's the question the non fringe part of the country has been asking for years.  Why would you, or anyone, chose to disbelieve all the systems we have in place to ensure fraud and stolen elections don't happen. Instead believe all the people running those systems are part of a conspiracy, and not one of them is going to blow a whistle. Instead you believe one guy who needs a thesaurus and  isn't very good at lying?  In trumpland, everything you lost is just a "whisker."

One of the best things about Trump sycophants is how very many of them eventually reach that "Fuck Around, Find Out" moment. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I am NOT a fan of Trump but don’t understand why partisan Democrats think he’s going to destroy Democracy by himself when their leaders have taken a wrecking ball to free speech, truth (Russiagate, Biden laptop), freedom from big Pharma corruption (Covid vaccines), modeled insider trading (Pelosi) and nepotism (Biden), and warmongering (Israel/Ukraine). I often don’t mind Democratic values but very much dislike the actual record of Democratic leaders. Can some Democrat explain why Democrats use up all of their hatred on an admittedly questionable leader of the Republicans while having such low standards for their own leaders and how vaulting crappy leaders to the top of their party serves them?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nanana said:

I am NOT a fan of Trump but don’t understand why partisan Democrats think he’s going to destroy Democracy by himself when their leaders have taken a wrecking ball to free speech, truth (Russiagate, Biden laptop), freedom from big Pharma corruption (Covid vaccines), modeled insider trading (Pelosi) and nepotism (Biden), and warmongering (Israel/Ukraine). I often don’t mind Democratic values but very much dislike the actual record of Democratic leaders. Can some Democrat explain why Democrats use up all of their hatred on an admittedly questionable leader of the Republicans while having such low standards for their own leaders and how vaulting crappy leaders to the top of their party serves them?

TDS

19 hours ago, nanana said:

"Russiagate" is the right-wing's nickname for a very real thing: the documented fact that Russia was working behind the scenes to get Trump elected in 2016. What the Mueller investigation found is that (a) there wasn't evidence that the Trump campaign was aware of those efforts, nor was there evidence they were NOT aware of it; (b) they were eager to meet with foreign agents who claimed to have "dirt" on Clinton, even if it turned out that they did not; and (c) there was a seriously open question as to whether Trump obstructed justice in the course of the investigation (which AG Barr chose not to follow up on). 

That's the truth. The lie is Trump's claim that it was all a hoax. 

As for Covid vaccines, well, if you're part of that nutball conspiracy theory, there's nothing really to discuss there. I'd suggest you debate some of the million-plus people killed by Covid but oops, you can't, they're dead.

Nepotism? Do you HEAR yourself? Biden didn't give any of his kids jobs in his administration, and while some of his relatives may have tried to cash in on their family name, it was (a) essentially all AFTER Biden left office and (b) not with Joe Biden's cooperation. Unlike, say, Jared and Ivanka having administration jobs AND continuing to do business with American adversaries like China, and cooking up deals with foreign nations like Qatar and Saudi Arabia for private profit.

And Trump - unlike every other president - tried to overturn the duly chosen electors of several states he lost, all in a pathetic attempt to cling to power, and whipped a crowd of supporters into a frenzy and set them loose on the Capitol while the electoral votes were being counted. They overran the Capitol, did millions of dollars of damage, caused the death of several police officers, and all the while Trump sat back watching the carnage from his office and refused to address them to tell them to stop for hours - despite pleas from his chief of staff, attorneys, and even his family.

I have EVERY confidence that the Democratic leadership - in Congress and in the White House - is thousands of times better than that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, topblkmale said:

TDS

TDS, of course, is "Trump Derangement Syndrome" - the psychological disorder that makes people support and trust a man who's been held liable for hundreds of millions of dollars in fraud, has had to file six bankruptcies, who's been convicted of 34 counts of fraud in the state of New York, who faces dozens of other felony counts in state and federal court, and who, at last check, thinks illegal immigrants are killing and eating pet dogs, thinks "political asylum" is the same thing as "insane asylum" (and that immigrants seeking asylum are thus Hannibal Lecter-clones), thinks the army under George Washington captured the airports to defeat the British, and that having electric-powered boats means having to choose between electrocution and being eaten by sharks.

Yeah, his supporters are pretty deranged.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

So Bootman, you didn’t really address my question about the faults of the Democrats but deflected it back to how bad the Republicans are.  Maybe you don’t have it in you to provide a non-partisan critique, which is really what my question was testing. Would any other Democrats like to try to explain why they tolerate corruption in their party and seem to only be capable of deflecting? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, nanana said:

So Bootman, you didn’t really address my question about the faults of the Democrats but deflected it back to how bad the Republicans are.  Maybe you don’t have it in you to provide a non-partisan critique, which is really what my question was testing. Would any other Democrats like to try to explain why they tolerate corruption in their party and seem to only be capable of deflecting? 

It is fundamentally dishonest to equate the Republican Party, which enthusiastically supports a con man looking to break our institution to pave the way for an oligarchy, and the Democratic Party which may have some corruption but remains committed to the basic principles of our constitution and liberal democracy. 

It isn’t even worth going point by point with people who claim otherwise. The vast majority of those people are right wingers pretending to be something else, or they are remarkably ill informed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, MichiganBottom82 said:

It is fundamentally dishonest to equate the Republican Party, which enthusiastically supports a con man looking to break our institution to pave the way for an oligarchy, and the Democratic Party which may have some corruption but remains committed to the basic principles of our constitution and liberal democracy. 

It isn’t even worth going point by point with people who claim otherwise. The vast majority of those people are right wingers pretending to be something else, or they are remarkably ill informed. 

Right?  And frankly, if anyone does a good job (read "exhaustive") of "point by point," it's BootmanLA.  He didn't "deflect," he identified the flaws in the examples of "faults" given.  

No doubt there are faults in the Democrat party.  i was struck by the commentary i watched on the "liberal media" that fact checked and identified the wrong stuff Harris said in her nomination acceptance speech.... was that "fake news?"   Nah, i think the press did their job. 

Voting democrat is not a tacit full endorsement of the democratic party. At this juncture, it's pretty much the only choice over having  an egomaniacal crazy in the highest office of the land. 

• Upvote 4