I was decieved. Now what? Legal action?

taku

Last night I had an one night stand. We had dinner at his place and talk, and so and so on.

So honestly my usual caution was weaker at the point we went to bed.

He prepared only lube and a bottle of poppers on the bed table. I asked where condoms are but he ambiguously avoided a question.

I asked him if he was safe and he said yes. After making out and sucking each other for a while, I asked if he wanted to get fucked and he said "Just use lots of lube." I did and I came inside of him.

But after this, my sense came back. I asked him about his HIV and other STD status and he was "You are fine."

Still something was running on my spine and while he was taking a shower, I ran into his kitchen and checked his refrigerator.

I was right. There was a med and I checked with google. It was HIV treatment.

I was kind of freaked and got dressed and left him.

After I got calmer, I texted him saying "I know you are poz. I am not trying to be mean, but I need to know some info. Please tell me if you are undetectable."

He only answered "Yes. Now please leave me alone."

No apology, no more explanation.

I could not sleep. Do I have to get PrPE? I searched local hospitals but they did not have enough information. I am also between jobs and my health insurance is not covered yet.

I know as a top, my risk is minimum. I have some minor cuts on my hand and rubbed his cock with it. They were not open wound but it's cuts I still can feel.

He seemed like a nice guy but obviously he deceived me or at least hid some truth, and this makes him a jerk.

My state defined failure of disclosure of your HIV status as Class 2 felony. Of course I don't want to go through legal hassle but his incooperative attitude annoys me now.

I want to know his T-cell count and viral load. Probably in a hard copy. I texted him and he's not answering.

I can't talk about this with my friends. I know I did a stupid thing.

Any thought?

What should I do now?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Yes, I am overly freaked.

Maybe I am more annoyed by his attitude.

I know there is little risk and I accepted it by barebacking him. But still a lie is a lie and I am justifying to myself.

Harsh words are fine. Thank you for you comments.

I appreciate any thoughts. You can blame me or give me some more practical tips. I prefer the latter.

Talk to your GP, explain briefly that there's a slight chance you may have been exposed. He will know what to do - if anything - to help minimize the already minimal risk you've exposed yourself to.

Then get tested, chalk it up to experience and realise that you need to either acknowledge your personal responsibilites and accept the risk you took by barebacking, or (and this is probably the better option for you) just play safe in future!

Don't fret, don't blame - just be pro-active and talk to a doctor... Good luck!

Thank you very much.

Yes, I like barebacking but most time it was with someone I know.

I am probably not a heavy weight player as many people on this site.

What you just said totally makes sense and probably those are what I would do as days go. I am just a bit freaked right now and wanted to talk.

I know my post can annoy many people. Still thanks for giving me comments.

You asked if he was "safe" ? What does that mean?...Cut to the chase...ask him what his status is...poz or neg..

The fact you guys didn't use condoms is defacto that neither of you are "safe"

If you were a top and he's on meds you'll be fine. Better than barebacking with someone that doesn't know and is poz with a viral load.

You asked if he was "safe" ? What does that mean?...Cut to the chase...ask him what his status is...poz or neg..

The fact you guys didn't use condoms is defacto that neither of you are "safe"

If you were a top and he's on meds you'll be fine. Better than barebacking with someone that doesn't know and is poz with a viral load.

Yes, I understand that. Actually that's my relief. At least now I know he was on meds.

I am just handling my aftershock right now.

Thanks for the comment.

legal action? you made the choice to have unprotected sex with him. that's all on you.

as for your medical other concerns, talk to your local health or social services department.

I got your point. Yes, I did not mention a legal action in a serious term.

I am just upset because of his attitude here ("Now leave me alone"). If he was honest (even after the incidence) and try to be decent with me, I probably could be more sympathetic.

However, still legal action is available for me. My having unprotected sex does not annul my position as a victim of crime. Technically it's a crime and he obviously broke the rule knowingly. It annoys me.

I know and believe my risk is minimum or does not even exist. However, feeling decieved is not the most pleasant thing in the world.

You must think I am whiny but that's what it is.

Guest Matias47

So, you're a "victim," huh?

Technically, I suppose. But what you actually are is criminally stupid.

Did you stop when he was vague? Did, at any point, you require a condom? So, you take absolutely no responsibility for your actions.

The scabs on your hand question is ever more ridiculous than the rest of your post.

If you really feel the need for revenge call him and say that he's broken the law but you're willing to forego legal action if he pays for PEP (not PrEP, that's preexposure).

But, seriously, you need to be slapped into next week.

Grow up.

A bottom on Antiretrovirals is about the safest hole you can fuck. Yes, it seems he was a jerk with his response, but maybe you were a bitch about the way you approached it. Telling him you "found" his meds is the same as letting him know you were sneaking around behind his back. You stuck your raw cock up his hole and shot your load without a gun pointed at your head. You took the risk. Crime? That is ridiculous. You think you have a lot to deal with, try for one minute to put yourself in his shoes and stop being a self centered asshole. Go see a doctor if you feel that you got hiv via your handjob. People who always have to blame someone make me sick.

Yes, he should have disclosed. No, you should not have proceeded without a clear answer. In the meantime, check out the article on the TIM website about "Are you Clean" being the stupidest question ever. Man you really irritate me.

Legal action????? I suppose he forced you to fuck him bareback. You need to take responsibility for your action or role. In other words, you should not have fucked him without having a clear response from him, or using a condom.

Now what? Grow up.

He didn't put a gun in your head and told you "fuck me bb or you'll be dead". We all should be responsible of what we do, not trying to fuck up others legally or take any sort of revenge, it's that simple. Sadly, most states promote such fucked-up way of thinking.

You would risk more turning him in to the cops that the risk of you catching HIV in this case. Turning him in would expose your sex life to the public because it becomes case records then. It was not right the way he used semantics to avoid telling you he was poz though. I mean is it really that hard for him to find someone willing to have sex with him if he is honest, doubt it.