I'm thinking of starting a new bareback hookup site…

rawTOP

Which name do you like most for an inclusive, social bb hookup site?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like most for an inclusive, social bb hookup site?

• BBFuckClub / Bareback Fuck Club
    • BBBuds / Bareback Buds
    • BBFuckBuds / Bareback Fuck Buds
    • Some other name (mention below)
    • The hookup site idea is flawed - think again (discuss below)

• Administrators
How many sites are there around? Will another one be that popular? The real popular ones are bareback.com and barebackrt.com. Do you think you can compete? Soon Bareback Station will come too. Their facebook page has more than 16,000 followers.

There is one bareback hookup site IMHO - BBRT. I think they'll be popular for some time to come - I'm not trying to knock them - just give barebackers another option.

Bareback.com used to be a decent site. Then it changed and BBRT took over. I don't see it coming back.

Who's behind Bareback Station? You need traffic to get a hookup site off the ground. There's only a few of us in the bareback community who have sufficient traffic. I could count the people/companies on one hand who could pull it off.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say BB/hook-up sites are dead, but it does seem in ATL that there are the same folks online all the time and no one ever wants to actually fuck -- unless you find a traveler passing thru town and you'll go to his hotel room.

You pretty much got everything that it needs to be figured out. With the name, I went with the first option as well. Main thing I think that seems to be missing on some sites is maybe a few more details on what some of us are looking for. Basically, what we like for turn ons and what we don't like for turn offs. That way, for those who actually read the profiles, they can see whether they can be a good match or steer away from what could be a bad experience.

Guest JizzDumpWI
I wouldn't say BB/hook-up sites are dead, but it does seem in ATL that there are the same folks online all the time and no one ever wants to actually fuck -- unless you find a traveler passing thru town and you'll go to his hotel room.

Ditto with Milwaukee.

Ditto with Milwaukee.

It's the same everywhere and on every site. Basically, hookup sites are like bars that never have last call, so there's always the chance that someone hotter and/or closer will turn up.

A couple weeks ago, I'd actually set up a fuck session with a guy. He'd agreed to travel to me. We'd exchanged phone numbers and were texting. He had my address. I sent him directions. And then I got a message from him saying he'd found someone ten minutes closer to him.

Frankly, I was impressed that he bothered to cancel on me and that he was up front about his reasons why. It's far more common for people to just blow you off altogether.

And it's not just when I'm trying to host at my place (though it's more common). I've shown up at someone's apartment building having set up a fuck furiously trying to reach them to let me in only to have my texts and calls ignored. That's really annoying.

Personally, I'm starting to lean more towards organized sex parties and bath houses (or parties set up at baths).

Sometimes I think it might be useful to have a (carefully moderated) way of allowing other people to post comments on your profile. A way of reviewing a hookup. But then I consider just how petty and vindictive people can get (whoever said "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" never met a gay guy).

I dunno...maybe if there was a way of "locking in" a hookup behind the scenes where both people told the site and each other they were going to get together before allowing them to "review" each other. And then make reviews multiple choice (Did he show up? Was his profile truthful? What did he lie about-age, barebacking, drugs, position, appearance, cock size, etc.? Were there serious problems-theft, drama, not respecting limits? Rate the sex? Would you fuck him again?).

Of course, then you'd end up with friends talking each other up and trading good reviews or creating phantom accounts to bring their numbers up. If there's anything the Internet has taught us it's that people will always look for ways to game the system.

How many sites are there around? Will another one be that popular? The real popular ones are bareback.com and barebackrt.com. Do you think you can compete? Soon Bareback Station will come too. Their facebook page has more than 16,000 followers.

How about making a hookup function on this site?

I took a look at their site. They're promising it will be up and running in Spring/Summer 2013. That means they have about a month left to launch. I'm not holding my breath.

I learned a long time ago that you believe promises made on the Internet right when they actually deliver (remember Duke Nukem Forever?). And, come to think of it, the same applies to online hookups too.

Personally, I'm starting to lean more towards organized sex parties and bath houses (or parties set up at baths).

I get laid easily at the tubs and think online sites are a waste of time and money.

Every six months or so I decide to give hook-up sites another go, as I did at the beginning of this month. They are useless as far as I am concerned. Lot's of lookyloos checking out your pics, a few guys who want cybersex. Where I am bbrt has few members, and on one of the popular sites the guys seriously looking for sex there are all either very young, inexperienced, and looking for "safe" guys only, or they are 50 and over. It seems like most guys in the 30 -45 year age range have no problems getting laid without using hook-up sites. Wierdos is all I get messages from on there! The other day spent half an hour passing messages with a guy who started off by saying he was "clean" which then advanced to he just wanted a hole to "seed" and suggestions of pnp. He had no pics loaded on the site so emailed me a photo of a small shrivelled dick which would entice no one.

I haven't used the apps like grindr though I know a lot more guys use that. Over Pride here this summer I went out clubbing way more than I usually do, and all over the clubs there were guys with their eyes glued to the smartphones. Why? Can't you just go up to a guy in the club in person and chat him up? I left my phone off and went out on the dancefloor. I am a fat 6'1" 220 with no sixpack in sight and still had plenty of guys groping my big ass. I also got plenty of dirty looks from queens who think they know me by reputation just because they may have heard stories from guys who have seen me getting plowed at the tubs. Well screw them, at least I'm getting laid!

• Administrators
I get laid easily at the tubs and think online sites are a waste of time and money.

Some of us are in cities where the bathhouses suck thanks to our local Department of Health. When you take bathhouses out of the equation online sites become more important and you get more serious guys on them.

Bottom line I think hookup sites (and smartphone apps) work best in dense urban areas.

Some of us are in cities where the bathhouses suck thanks to our local Department of Health. When you take bathhouses out of the equation online sites become more important and you get more serious guys on them.

Bottom line I think hookup sites (and smartphone apps) work best in dense urban areas.

Well, you could say that about sex in general. Try getting laid in Wamsutter, WY. The higher the population, the better your odds are generally. Simple numbers game.

It's not all bad. I run hot and cold on the online sites. Sometimes it seems like everyone's a flake. Then I'll get a run of luck. Baths can be the same way, as could bars, back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I like BBBuds.com because that's super easy to type into my phone to logon. I have tried all of the major hookup sites, and I have to say that a4a is really the best, in my opinion. And, being that I'm in IT professionally, sites that are well put together appeal to me a LOT. A4A does that - I use their radar web app every day, and I use the desktop site a lot, too. And, the best part is that the core functionality is ad-supported. So, I don't have a shell out any cash to hookup. That's what turns me off with MH, Squirt, etc. - you really can't use those sites to meet a guy to hookup with unless you pay to join. BBRT is a little different in that their paid membership bar is pretty high, so you get most of the functionality without paying anything, too. The web app feature is key, at least for me. I can't put the app on my phone, so a native app isn't an option for me. And, photo restrictions in the app stores bother me on principle....