Spotting BB Guys on Hookup Apps

VersAlwaysLooking

Hornet has tags, like #bb #raw #bare #bareback etc. I couldn't add that to my profile, so it could be that it's a paid membership thing, but when you click on the tag, you'll get a list of all the people with the same tag. And then hope someone lives close to you.

Seed also has a preference, safe sex always, safe sex never, etc.

• 1 month later...

On my Scruff profile I just put 'PrEP' under safety practices, while on Grindr the phrase 'I have kinks' with a devil emoji.

Actually I do have other kinks so it's literally true as well...

Things have changed since I wrote this. 

On Scruff, I'm now openly saying "I like bareback and I'm not a big fan of condoms. My choice and my responsibility." along with a clear indication I'm on PrEP. 

On Grindr, which is more local so you have to be more subtle, I'm simply saying "I'm on PrEP" with both wink and devil emojis. Perhaps not so subtle as guys are opening with "can I fuck you bb?" so it's clearly working.

I'm just at the point where I'm not remotely interested in hiding it anymore. I have even stopped seeing a regular fuck bud because of his insistence on using a condom to fuck me. I respect his choice, but it's not what I want anymore. Damn shame cos he was fucking hot but easy cum, easy go...

• Upvote 3

I'm just at the point where I'm not remotely interested in hiding it anymore. I have even stopped seeing a regular fuck bud because of his insistence on using a condom to fuck me. I respect his choice, but it's not what I want anymore. Damn shame cos he was fucking hot but easy cum, easy go...

It seems to me that bareback has become more mainstream and no longer the "evil" behavior that used to be. For instance, these days in the pre-STD testing interview, my answer "No" to  the "Do you wear condoms?"  is not followed by a lecture about HIV. And at the baths, I almost never find someone discussing HIV status.

plenty of my fuckbuds when I fucked safe have gone BB.  I stopped talking to a few for the same reasons, but a couple I got the itch to play with again and they went bare.  My ex, we reconnected and he only fucks me bare now, a guy who has "safe only no bb ever" on his profile ripped the condom of my cock before I plunged in his hot hole.  Let us know when your bud comes around.

• Upvote 2

I like Hornet because you can search on hash tags, like #bb, #bare, #raw, #bareback etc. Unfortunately everybody are so far away from me. Hopefully I'll find someone when traveling.

I also like Planet Romeo (Gayromeo), because you can enter "to be discussed" or "never" under safe sex practice, or even better, see what clubs we have in common. Very often I find people who are members of the same bareback groups as me. Always find someone close by when traveling.

On Grindr I always ask "u like bareback?" If they say no, well then, good riddance. Get it over with quick and painless.

• Upvote 1

... along with a clear indication I'm on PrEP. 

Are you actually on PrEP ? ;)

In Italy we have the reverse problem, here we don't have such a big LGBT and AIDS culture, so people often say they are "safe sex only" and than during sex go BB.

When you say phrases like "Sorry I rather use the condom" they are all like "yeah.. good Idea...you know... I care for my health myself..." Than next time you see him hill still try to fuck you bare...

Italians are a bunch of hypocrite breeders.

Locally here if you use the phrase 'open-minded' in your blurb on Scruff, Grindr etc that's a fairly reliable code for barebacker. Although not really needed for Scruff now since they added the option to state if you use condoms or not.

No subterfuge for me. I clearly state that I am strictly bareback, no condoms ever, that I am POZ, that I am most likely high or soon will be and that I am online to fuck. Unless the site requires otherwise my pics are all unlocked. This seems to make things easier.