I'm 19 and ready to be Poz.

Am I ready to become poz?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Am I ready to become poz?

• 3 weeks later...

I say no. I have been poz for a year, and I'm turning 30 next month. I didn't want it, nor did I go out seeking to get it, but with the way I was having sex it was bound to happen. I didn't really educate myself on HIV before I started having sex. I always told myself it would never happen to me. I look back and wish I could have done things differently, but knowing me I probably wouldn't have changed a thing. I say wait until you are older before you go out asking for it. If you get it anyways, so be it. Just remember to take your medications once you start if you want to continue to have a healthy life, and remember people are here if you need support.

• 1 month later...

Took the decision to take any load starting around September last year before learning of PrEP and was poz before Christmas. I'm OK with my status, I talk about it without embarrassment and it hasn't affected my sense of myself, but if I'd known about PrEP then.... Already twenty something medical appointments I wouldn't have had to have.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted no because science has found the human brain is only fully grown around the age of 30. (Google it for sources and research.) I'm not saying your not a bright kid or anything, but just wait until you have settled your life. Hiv-positive men have not only to deal with health complications, but also with a (very unfair) stigma. Think housing, insurance, etc. It can get really nasty. 

I recently decided to give up condoms, fucked bareback and then found out they might be releasing Prep at the end of the year. So I'm now on their potential Prep-list. I'd rather be on Prep and have - at least some - protection in the form of Prep, rather than getting poz now and having to deal with health issues I could have avoided. 

Now, I'm trying to serosort. Which is hard when your hole only wants to take bare loads from every next best top. But at least I want to try and be conscious about what I do before the Prep-screening. If it turns out I am poz already, fine, it was my conscious deciscion so no regrets.  I'll only be angry when I'm negative and don't get acces to Prep, if that ever happens, I'm just gonna whore my hole out.

Bottom line: wait until your older, try to get on Prep and then, only then, it would be ok to go out and get poz.

Also, get yourself educated man! Always know what risk you are taking! Let your brains decide, not your hormones or your - undoubtably very fuckable - hole!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

No. I finally got a job with health insurance and was ready to go on Prep, got tested and found out I was already Poz. Get on Prep first...I beg you! I got a shitty sex education at school, started barebacking with friends when I was 13 and only rarely asked guys to wrap. I made some bad choices on the way which likely got me exposed. Educate yourself and make better choices, please.