What are sex clubs like?

curiousone

So after a few months of Grindr, Adam4Adam and even BBRT...I've gotten tired of the flaky people and stuck up personalities. Even when you do find finally find a guy on BBRT he's too methed up doing the infamous PnP to be coherent.

I'll be going on prep soon which potentially opens another door for me. I've read some things about bath houses and sex clubs but when I did a search on this site no one really says much about them. I know Slammer and The Zone are the big two since I live in Los Angeles.

I'm not looking for anything impersonal (dark rooms for example) but I'm fine if the place has them. Looking for a place that hopefully has spots for just 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 sessions.

Could anyone let me know what these places are like? Are there a lot of drugs floating around? Is it notorious for stealthing? I'd prefer to bareback but I heard The Zone has some policy about condoms that I read in the reviews, is that true? Do people feel offended when asked to disclose their status? As far as STD's go what are people's experience. I'm fully aware that in sex clubs HIV is likely going to be with many of the participants, but as far as other STDs go has anyone caught anything from there? Are there private rooms available as well?

If people could divulge their experiences that would be wonderful. 23 year old bottom here so I might consider taking someone with me just to be safe.

I do not have info or experience at the LA clubs, but from my general experience here in Ft Lauderdale (and in NYC) STDs can be rampant... we have had a couple syphilis outbreaks in the last couple years. I've known guys to come away from a night of playing with 2 or even 3 ( a trifecta ). Its the price you pay for BB sex. Personally I have been trying to limit myself to people I know or a couple regular FBs.

Good Luck !

Sex clubs are not really the ideal place for 1 on 1 stuff... At least not if you're looking for some sort of connection. They're there for the anonymous no strings sex. As long as you're just looking to get laid, then really you should do fine.

That said, as mentioned above... sex clubs can be a little risky for STD's and other infections. It's the chance you take. Be self aware and get tested regularly when you go. I've stopped going because I'm on to other things these days, but I have a long history with sex clubs. I loved the exploration and the anonymity. Things were a little easier a few years ago in that aside from HIV, most other STD's were very treatable (and mostly still are...). But the more BareBacking has gone mainstream, the more the STD's have gotten resistant. I used to hit BB orgies in NYC and take 20 loads and walk away with nothing... Today, I'd be a little nervous about picking up something they have a hard time treating.

Would I discourage you? No. It was an awesome experience and I'd do it again. Just be conscious of the real risks and act smartly to catch any infections early before you spread them. Lastly, make your peace with the idea that you are putting yourself at risk. PREP should keep HIV at bay, but you never know what else may come up. Before I went down that path, I accepted that I might be worse off in the long run. I've had my fun (!!!) and paid my price(s). As long as you walk into the fun house with your eyes open.

• Upvote 2

I have only been to one and was no very pleased. I found a lot of guys using drugs and mostly Tina. To me these guys are the most dangerous and getting fucked by them is not a good idea.

there was one guy who,kept trying to fuck me. His dick has sores on them and I just kept pushing him away.

for me I will try bathhouses or craigslist

I've been to a bathhouse in Philadelphia, PA three times so far. Each time it was one on one and in a private room. I enjoyed my time there and the atmosphere is good even if it's just to hang out for a while with no expectations. From my experience, going out and meeting people in person is much more effective than using hookup sites and apps like Adam4Adam and Grindr. I used to have luck on BBRT but not anymore.

• 2 months later...
Guest MightyMouth

If you hit the clubs or bookstores, you have to expect bugs. For that matter, even if you use sites trying to limit risk you don't know the sexual bistory or current activities of your hook ups. Know your body and get tested regularly.

It varies from city to city and country to country I guess. Also sometimes which day of the week. Can be a hit or miss.

The same club may be horny fun all around one evening and the next it's filled with guys with an attitude who won't even look at you and think they are God's gift to the world. I know clubs which are known for the latter so I avoid those mostly. Pity is those are usually the best so you keep giving it a try now and then only to realise it was another wasted evening and you should have known better.

Just give it a try, visit on different nights and see what the atmosphere is. And sure, at first go with a friend if that is a possibility.

• Upvote 1

In LA I like MidTown spa. Never a problem getting loads there. Also give some at times. You can get a room and invite guys in for a more connected experience or get a locker and hang out in the open. I have never gone there and not hooked up. Try it and see how you like it. Best times are during events, discount days or Friday/Saturday nights. Holidays can be fun too. Also, many bathhouses will post rules about no barebacking. Mostly this is not enforced, however, if they are enforcing it then get a room and close the door while you hook up raw.

I have never seen a condom in the clubs I've been to, even though they post in ads and posters that you should wear them, or even if they're easily accessible on the walls or counters. Never fucked with condoms since the 80s, never been fucked with one.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I've always wanted to try Midtowne...Can never find a buddy to go with though.

Go by yourself. Having someone else there with you just complicates your getting any action. 

• 2 weeks later...