What Do You Think Of The New Version Of Breeding Zone?

rawTOP

Opinion of new version of Breeding Zone  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new version of Breeding Zone?

• Administrators

I much prefer the old activity news feed where one was able to view the post, instead of having to view the thread and then click on the last post. I find my self not checking in on breeding zone as much now because it takes more time to view new posts

Ah, now that I understand the nature of what you're looking for and how it's different than what's here, I'll look for a solution. Personally I always hated the "activity" page and preferred the "new posts" page.

I should also mention - to those of you who are now saying you don't like the new version - you totally had a chance to give feedback before it launched. I'm not blaming anyone - just saying some stuff could have been avoided. So now I'll compensate after the fact…

• Moderators

I am not enjoying the new site at all, but I KNOW most of that is adjusting to the changes. I will be able to judge how I feel much better in two weeks.

I liked the look of the old site so much better. This one is WAY too bright.

Miss the option when reading the stories, at the end of the story you could chose another one that was either before the story you just read or is after the story you just read. Seems I cna only go forward or back to the main story page. If I've missed this option somehow, please let me know. 

One of the things I used to love about the old format is the ability to click on a member's profile and then click on their old posts they have commented on and get my nuts off reading those comments. With the new format, I am able to see only a handful of posts that a member has posted, when it clearly says they have more than 50+ posts or 100+ posts on their profile. Those old posts are like archived treasures, as content is the king on this site. Please could you fix that feature?  

Huge fan of this site and thank you for all your efforts in the running of this site and bringing together the gay community. And also a thank you to those sexy fuckers here for sharing your hot stories. 

• Administrators

I am not enjoying the new site at all, but I KNOW most of that is adjusting to the changes. I will be able to judge how I feel much better in two weeks.

Yeah, I think a lot of people are in that boat. I know I've been like that with other stuff. I hated the design of the car I own right now when it first came out. But it grew on me quickly it I'm still happy with it because after 7 years owning the car the design of it still seems "current".

I liked the look of the old site so much better. This one is WAY too bright.

You should have seen it before I made it dark. lol

Miss the option when reading the stories, at the end of the story you could chose another one that was either before the story you just read or is after the story you just read. Seems I cna only go forward or back to the main story page. If I've missed this option somehow, please let me know.

That feature is there, and it works even better than it used to… At the bottom of every thread page is a link for "Next Unread Topic". Click it and you'll go to the next unread post in the forum section, and it will jump you to where you left off reading the thread. The last version just took you to the beginnging of the next thread - even if you had read it previously. The only caveat is the new system doesn't know what you read on the old system.

One of the things I used to love about the old format is the ability to click on a member's profile and then click on their old posts they have commented on and get my nuts off reading those comments. With the new format, I am able to see only a handful of posts that a member has posted, when it clearly says they have more than 50+ posts or 100+ posts on their profile. Those old posts are like archived treasures, as content is the king on this site. Please could you fix that feature?

That feature is there and it works. Hover over a user name and after a couple seconds a box will appear with a summary of their details. Click the "View Content" button. That option should also be available if you go to their full profile.

• Administrators

Top left hand corner shows two icons. First is "open quick navigation" which is a pop-up. Second is "view new content" which is basically the same as the old "new posts".

Correct for small screens. There are three icons on larger screens. The additional icon lets you choose between 7 different pictures for the big pic at the top.

• Administrators

Oh? Thanks for the info. But I am on a 17" screen laptop and I only see two. So 3 icons on desktops only then?

It depends on both the height and width of your browser window in pixels (not inches). If you have a lot of toolbars installed that could affect it, etc. If you see the big pic at the top then you'll see three icons.

I was going to upload a pic to show what I'm talking about, but wasn't able to. Add that to the list of things to fix :)

BTW, I've been browing the site more as a user today - doing moderation and stuff. My frantic bug fixing is mostly over. I'm still seeing things and fixing them, and there are some big ticket items I'm still working on, but overall things are calming down for me. Anyway, I gotta say the experience was pretty good, IMHO. A few things irritated me and I'll address them, but it definitely wasn't horrible IMHO.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Slowly but surely I am warming up to it. I like the flexibility of new content (unread, since last visit, last 24 hours)... I am beginning to make that my common entry point.