ljypeels

On 12/9/2018 at 12:28 AM, djdrew said:

Very few of the authors on this site bother to finish their stories.  It is frustrating but unfortunately a reality on this site. 

It's not just this site.  The same thing happens on Nifty and most every other story site I've been to over the years.  It's frustrating when it's a story you enjoy, but for any number of reasons (writer's block, lack of time, losing interest in the plot, etc), an author may choose not to write the next chapter.

The best thing you can do to prevent it is to write the author and let you know that you like their story.  The #1 reason I've seen given by authors for not continuing a story, or not publishing any more stories at all, is lack of reader encouragement.  Fortunately you do see encouragement on this site (since hitting Reply is easier to do than switching programs and sending an email), but it's something to keep in mind.

(and yes, I admit to being as guilty as anyone else about not contacting the authors, but I'm trying to be better about it, as should everyone else who reads the stories)

• Upvote 1