Charlie Sheen

cam1972

Not sure how much of a surprise this may be, given his history of drug use and prostitutes. Wonder how the reaction will be. One source says the cruel "tiger blood" jokes have already started. That's no surprise.

Charlie Sheen to Address His HIV Status on the 'Today' Show - http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/charlie-sheen-to-address-his-hiv-status-on-the-today-show/ar-BBn4V4C?ocid=ansmsnsports11

I don't have all the details but it seems as though he wasn't on meds but knew he was poz when he was skeeting in all these women

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/16/charlie-sheen-hiv-lawsuits-settlement/

..that's just wrong on so many levels

...and apparently people close to him leaked that he was poz after he confided in them

...this is why I always say be careful who you tell because you can't untell them

• Upvote 1

No, it wasn't drugs, according to the interview. He got HIV the way most poz guys in this website got it: taking loads.

According to the interview, he says he could have contracted it several ways. That he does not know how he got it. There is already this notion that is still perpetuated that if it is contracted sexually, it has to have been homosexually. Heteros transmit it. I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions. We don't want people doing that to us.

• Upvote 2

I think they're being overly dramatic in its presentation and his open letter and people are still highly uniformed.

The Talk just confirmed how ignorant people are. They have no clue. My local news opened with the teaser last night stating that Charlie was going to reveal he has a disease that will be the cause of his death. I wrote the news anchor. Educated her. She wrote back and said she was forwarding it to the producer because he wrote the line and she realized after it came out of her mouth that it was wrong..... Who knows. But it's great to see ignorance is alive and well...

• Upvote 5

It pissed me off that he used (and some of the media repeated) the word "admit" when he disclosed his HIV status.

I nearly yelled at my radio when I heard a BBC news report saying Charlie Sheen had "admitted that he is HIV-positive" -- as if having HIV is something that should be admitted to (like a crime or a sin). Then I saw his actual clip and he, himself, had used the word.

Aargh, couldn't he have just "said," "declared," "stated," or "informed the planet" of his status? Would he admit to having brain cancer, high blood pressure or ingrown toenails?

Words matter. Remember when Ronald Reagan talked about the "innocent victims" of HIV/AIDS, thus implying that there were also "deserving" victims? 

I thought we were past this kind of stigmatizing.

• Upvote 2

It pissed me off that he used (and some of the media repeated) the word "admit" when he disclosed his HIV status.

I nearly yelled at my radio when I heard a BBC news report saying Charlie Sheen had "admitted that he is HIV-positive" -- as if having HIV is something that should be admitted to (like a crime or a sin). Then I saw his actual clip and he, himself, had used the word.

Aargh, couldn't he have just "said," "declared," "stated," or "informed the planet" of his status? Would he admit to having brain cancer, high blood pressure or ingrown toenails?

Words matter. Remember when Ronald Reagan talked about the "innocent victims" of HIV/AIDS, thus implying that there were also "deserving" victims? 

I thought we were past this kind of stigmatizing.

I don't know that we ever will get past the stigma. At least in some of our lifetimes. People don't want to be educated about it. It scares them. As long as the majority would rather remain in the dark on the subject, the stigma will continue. The stigma is alive and well not only in heterosexual communities but in the gay "community". They live by the mantra "ignorance is bliss" and in doing so, they remain uneducated and alienate a whole community of people who just happen to have a virus. Kind of silly, when you think about it.

Sometimes I think there is too much focus on how someone contracted the virus. People are just itching to point fingers and label poz people as dirty diseased whores with low morals. 

Why are people such hypocrites? Sheen could post a Craigslist ad saying he's DDF and a good many of the folks condemning him would go right to his house and have unprotected sex with him. But now that he has told the truth, here come his former sex partners with lawyers wanting his money, when all they wanted before was his raw dick. 

Every bitch that's screaming he put her at risk should be asked if she is suing the dude she met at the bar last weekend who she let skeet in her.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I think there is too much focus on how someone contracted the virus. People are just itching to point fingers and label poz people as dirty diseased whores with low morals. 

Why are people such hypocrites? Sheen could post a Craigslist ad saying he's DDF and a good many of the folks condemning him would go right to his house and have unprotected sex with him. But now that he has told the truth, here come his former sex partners with lawyers wanting his money, when all they wanted before was his raw dick. 

Every bitch that's screaming he put her at risk should be asked if she is suing the dude she met at the bar last weekend who she let skeet in her.

Fucking. Spot. On.