Charlie Sheen

cam1972

I don't believe him when he said he had informed all his partners beforehand.

Yet we don't know for sure. It's not fair to speculate. I doubt we would want people saying the same of us. Does he have a great track record for honesty? No. But it took balls to go public with his status. And.... Your statement begs the question: would you tell the truth if asked if you had told all of your sex partners and you hadn't? Especially when it is illegal to lie about your status in several states... I don't know of many, if any, that would.

Yet we don't know for sure. It's not fair to speculate. I doubt we would want people saying the same of us. Does he have a great track record for honesty? No. But it took balls to go public with his status. And.... Your statement begs the question: would you tell the truth if asked if you had told all of your sex partners and you hadn't? Especially when it is illegal to lie about your status in several states... I don't know of many, if any, that would.

He's only divulged his status because he was being blackmailed and it was going to come out anyway. So his publicist has gotten in there first with a statement. 

You could tell from his body language in the interview that he was not telling the truth. 

I wasn't saying he was. I doubt he was either. My point is this: would you confess to something that is illegal on national television? Not disclosing your status to a sexual partner is illegal in several states and more are making it so. And.. Yeah. He was being blackmailed. But he had been for four years. If I wanted to get "ahead" of it, I don't think I would have waited that long. For whatever reason he told he has it... He did it. And I'll bet you there are many more famous people out there living with it that haven't had the balls to admit it. I am certainly no fan of Charlie Sheen. Hated Two and a Half Men because he is a horrible actor. Or at least he was in that show. His ego is so ugly. I'm just saying give him at least a little bit of credit. If for nothing else, he brought the issue to the forefront in the news. And in people's minds. Maybe, just maybe, it will help someone become educated. If just one, then it's worth it. Lies and all.

Sigh, the plot will always thicken...... Well, I think it's safe to assume how he contracted it now, I had a feeling it was through needles or another man. Yes you can get it from hetero sex but it is much harder. I knew about his brother being bi/gay, but not about Charlie. 

I bet Bill Cosby is happy to be out of the limelight for a minute......

• Upvote 1

I always figured he got it from either fucking with dude or a transsexual.  It would not have surprised me if he got it from fucking a girl given how many he has likely banged, but the odds are relatively low, although I'm sure he was banging a lot of them in the ass so that would have upped his risk.

This is why I've always believed one should disclose their status if its a one on one encounter, but at the very least, don't lie about it.  I know I'd rather not deal with the law coming after me.  And not all state laws were written in response to HIV.  Some laws about deliberatly exposing someone to an infectious disease goes back long before HIV ever existed in the US.

• Upvote 1

I feel really bad for straight people who contract HIV.  Sure, us poz gay guys do face some discrimination, but it's mostly in the form of guys not wanting to have sex, or wanting to use a condom.  Big whoop.

Most straight people, on the other hand, are still really clueless about HIV.  And it's still assumed to be a gay disease, meaning you end up feeling doubly stigmatized.  Plus a lot of the support services are built up more around provided gay men with support.  Dating must be damn near impossible.   I can't really imagine just how alone someone in that position must feel.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always figured he got it from either fucking with dude or a transsexual.  It would not have surprised me if he got it from fucking a girl given how many he has likely banged, but the odds are relatively low, although I'm sure he was banging a lot of them in the ass so that would have upped his risk.

This is why I've always believed one should disclose their status if its a one on one encounter, but at the very least, don't lie about it.  I know I'd rather not deal with the law coming after me.  And not all state laws were written in response to HIV.  Some laws about deliberatly exposing someone to an infectious disease goes back long before HIV ever existed in the US.

I also kind of expected the same thing, but who knows, and speculation is kind of silly. 

Has this story totally died from the news? I live in London and only read financial newspapers and I don't own a TV. What is happening?

Its not really a story that has staying power.  His lawyers will work on the people suing him, and since he has decent lawyers, I'm sure we will never hear much more about it.  As for the potential criminal liability,  Unless an infection can be directly tied to him and only him, I don't see much happening from this.  The people he had sex with are coming forward now because its their chance to be in the spotlight, and possibly gain financially.