Prep Put To The Test

justsexnowatl

The first time I found out I had an std i was freaked out, grossed out, and said to myself, I'm never having sex again. Fast forward 2 weeks and I was back to having sex.

Personally, catching an std/sti is just part of barebacking. It's like getting in the car. You know you're going to hit a red light as some point. You stop, deal with it and move on. :)

i decided to get back on PrEP. I missed one day--yesterday. I want to see how PrEP holds up to this much cum. Plus, my ass is going to be wrecked!

I don't care either way if I am pozzed. I say that now. But we will see what happens in the next few weeks after my anon breeding session tomorrow.

• Upvote 6

I've been on PrEP for about 2.5 years and I've definitely put it to the test at numerous Cumunions. Took 50+ loads last year, many or most of them anonymous without knowing the top's status. In the time I've been on PrEP I've caught gono and chlamydia twice each, which of course sucked. But after some shots and 2 weeks off to recover, I was back at it. Yes STDs are unpleasant but what else did I expect taking raw cock? It's the collateral damage with barebacking but thankfully it's not permanent.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

i decided to get back on PrEP. I missed one day--yesterday. I want to see how PrEP holds up to this much cum. Plus, my ass is going to be wrecked!

I don't care either way if I am pozzed. I say that now. But we will see what happens in the next few weeks after my anon breeding session tomorrow.

That makes more sense then. Have fun testing out PrEP!

Been on it for almost 2 years and have taken more poz loads than I can count including sex parties, one CumUnion, and have been getting regular breedings (and breeding him) from a poz, high VL guy.  My next test is in 2 weeks, but so far I've remained neg.

Please give us in a couple weeks.....sounds like you've really been putting it to the test and kinda jealous :)

• Upvote 1

And in your OP you said " I'd Like to hear from prep bottoms (or vers) that have seriously put PrEP to the test and stayed neg"...

Like you I'm already on PrEP.  But I am curious, why did you direct this topic specifically to bottoms and vers guys?  Are you not concerned with the risks that tops  face  too? Can we agree that tops can contract HIV from bottoms? Or are we saying that the risk from tops to bottoms far exceeds the risk from bottoms to tops?...so this becomes more of an issue for bottoms.  I am just trying to understand how you framed your question by targeting bottoms and vers guys. It leads me to believe that PrEP matters more to guys who bottom as opposed to guys who top.  Please help me to get a more in-depth understanding about this topic. I am still learning about PrEP and its effectiveness. Thanks.

I directed my question to bottoms because I've been topping raw for about 10 years - and right or wrong - I have been totally "comfortable" with my risk.  I started out being "selective" looking for neg guys to fuck, but it really wasn't long before I was breeding any hot ass without asking any questions.....and pretty well assuming they were not neg - and couldn't have cared less by that point. I know there are poz tops and there is risk, but pretty minimal in relation to risk for bottoms.  I did not do a ton of research when I first heard about PrEP since it was pretty much a no-brainer to get on it, but I did do some.  I also read that it is more effective for bottoms due to the chemical targeting blood cells in the anus (or something to that effect). 

Same here.  After going on PrEP, I have not looked back at all.  In fact I have increased my sex partners, most without knowing their status.  90% are Poz loads and I am fine with that.  I too have had other STD's going to some sex parties.  I have had Chlamydia twice (including anal and not fun) and also Sypillis.  Neither deterred me from going back and getting raw fucked after those test came back clear.  Be responsible, take PrEP and go have some hot uninhibited sex!

• Upvote 1

I'm the guy that started this topic and sounds like the same response over and over - take any and all loads - PrEP works :)  glad to hear this for sure....still kind of surprising/amazing results....."official" effectiveness is not exactly 100%, and I keep thinking I would hear about guys it didn't work for - taking it diligently but they still got pozzed - OR guys taking prep but not daily as they should be - and they ended up poz.   

UPDATE: Yesterday's epic gang bang with 76 confirmed tops was A FLOP!

MAYBE 12 guys showed up.

mostly limp.

took 5 measly loads.

what a joke!

I guess Seattle is full of all talk and no action. I gotta get the hell out of seattle.

It is not surprising at all, at keast you had 5 guys.

It is not surprising at all, at keast you had 5 guys.

True, it was 5 loads. But I didn't put all that work into this for 5 damn loads. WTF?! Especially, when I can go through my rolodex on a Saturday morning and round up 4-6 guys that wanna breed. It may require me to drive and park a few times in and around Cap Hill, but damn, that's a helluva lot easier than getting a hotel, planning, emailing, texting, advertising, (and all the other bullshit) for 5 measly loads.

How can gay men be so damn horny and yet flake the most?! Am I missing something?

I'm the guy that started this topic and sounds like the same response over and over - take any and all loads - PrEP works :)  glad to hear this for sure....still kind of surprising/amazing results....."official" effectiveness is not exactly 100%, and I keep thinking I would hear about guys it didn't work for - taking it diligently but they still got pozzed - OR guys taking prep but not daily as they should be - and they ended up poz.   

The reason for "official" efficacy of PrEP not being 100% is that it's all from the trials. Someone who starts a trial, drops out and seroconverts still has to be counted in at the end of the trial, presumably because one of the things they're looking at in the trial is how adherent people are going to be to the trial protocols. Also, there have been a few instances where someone went to start the trial and was in the first few days of infection when none of the tests will pick up HIV, and though they dropped out of the trial (truvada alone is not a complete treatment for HIV - you need at least one other drug in the mix to treat HIV) but were still counted in the final reckoning because they'd started. 

Put to the test properly, in the field, as it were, news in coming in from various projects that they have experienced no HIV infections in their users. The one that most readily comes to mind is a project in San Francisco which reported a zero infection rate in an entire year of dispensing truvada as PrEP, doing the appropriate blood tests etc. 

Basically the experience of PrEP in real life as opposed to the strict trial rules is that it's as close to 100% as it's possible to get. Yes, it's quite possible that out there somewhere is a guy whose HIV has mutated to be resistant to both tenofovir and emtricitabine (note that both drugs require rare mutations in HIV for them to become ineffective), but he's very likely to be on a different combination which is successfully suppressing his virus, which is where TasP (Treatment as Protection) comes in: it takes a viral load of about 1,000 parts of HIV per millilitre of bloodto be considered mildly infectious and therapy regards undetectable as between 20 and 70 parts per millilitre - I've had the consultant demanding extra bloods and tests because of a rise in my viral load to 130... Most guys stop tenofovir and/or emtricitabine because of the side effects, which are more severe in people with HIV than they are in HIV- men using truvada as PrEP.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE: Yesterday's epic gang bang with 76 confirmed tops was A FLOP!

MAYBE 12 guys showed up.

mostly limp.

took 5 measly loads.

what a joke!

I guess Seattle is full of all talk and no action. I gotta get the hell out of seattle.

That is not just a Seattle thing I know guys who throw similar events in other cities with the same results.  I think it is too easy for people to click that they are interested in attending and then they can flake out with no repercussions.

I've been on prep for 18 months now.

I was very anxious to take raw dicks at the beginning.

Now im not afraid, i like that. 3 guys tag teamed me last week in SF.

I had one time chlamydia and one time syphilis.