Poppers Disorientation Blackouts

DarkroomTaker

Just a question for you guys that use poppers?

Not sure if my body has changed of late or if Poppers have?

Lately I feel like I am completely out of it and sometimes blackout briefly or I feel disorientated and cannot get up or stand. Nothing for a good 10 15 mins feel normal. My last experience of this is in GC

I decided to kneel on a fuck seat arse up head lower down. There was about 2 rows of 4. I had not been in it long and I had a dick slide in.My poppers kicked in big time and sometimes when i inhale too much i get disorientated and dizzy and completely out of control. well that is where I was so out of it. I was repeatedly getting fucked non stop by different blokes. I could not even stand to get up as I was out of it and cock after cock was sliding in me and grunting away.I have no idea how many fucked me. But as I was coming down. I moved away as I had bad leg cramps lol. I walked around a little dizzy at first. Just bending over for any guy that bent me over and got fucked by them. But it fid not feel like it was real.but I enjoyed it. Now I'm wondering if it is me and I need to cut down as it is getting more frequent. The other week I was in a darkroom sauna and was getting fucked to no end but again I felt like I passed out at some point and had a butt full of Cum.

I've used poppers for many years too.

Any guys experience this. I kinda get off on it. But wonder what's changed?

Any advice experiences would help?

poppers are amyl nitrite. Before they were used for recreation, they were used in medicine for people who had angina (heart pain, now we usually give nitro, I'm a health care provider). Amyl nitrite is a vasodilator, it relaxes the smooth muscle around your arteries (which supply blood and oxygen to your whole body) and cause them to relax and expand. Angina is caused by ischemia, which is a lack of oxygen (to the heart in the case of angina), the "ischemia" is caused by narrowed or blocked arteries in the heart, so a vasodilator temporarily helps open them up and allow more blood to flow so the heart can get blood and oxygen. Ironically, the same process that allows more oxygen to the heart can result in oxygen deprivation to other parts of the body because of lowered blood pressure and decreased respiration rate. 

A 'side effect' is blood pressure (bp) drop, which can cause syncope (fainting), because the drug "effect" is general. Not just your heart supply is effected, but also all of your organs (including your brain). That's why your heart starts to race as well, because the body is trying to compensate for the lower bp by pumping the lowered volume faster. Getting your bp checked at the doctor may not tell you much, unless you huff poppers at the same time, because you're not getting a reading of how the drug is affecting you (nitrites do not have their dilating effects for long). If your bp normally runs low or low normal, the poppers may send you into the below normal range. Dehydration can also contribute to lowering you bp, so if you haven't had water in awhile and you're huffing, it can all combine to lower your bp and make you more subject to syncope.  Another side effect of the drug is respiratory rate depression (i.e., you breath less which can also reduce oxygen, causing hypoxia).  

Physiology is a complex subject, and a brief explanation like this cannot give you the entire picture. Your heart may not be what it used to be, and that's not something a regular exam will tell you. If the pump is less efficient, that will contribute to the overall effect. A stress test (as mentioned by hairyone) and/or an echocardiogram could tell you if there is something amiss with your heart, but they are not going to demonstrate what's going on when you huff poppers... unless you huff while taking the tests. 

Bottom line is, everything we put into our bodies has an effect, short term and long. The long term effects of what we do to ourselves seem to sneak up on us. The body is really resilient and can cover for a lot of our actions for a long time, the effects being gradual. It's like the proverbial frog in the slowly temperature raised pot of water. There aren't a lot of studies on long term effects, but neural (nerve/brain) damage has been demonstrated, as well as blood damage that decreases your immune and oxygen delivery abilities (which affects every organ in the body... think gradual asphyxiation for instance).

here's a cited information resource if anyone is interested: http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/scic/ReferenceDetailsPage/DocumentToolsPortletWindow?displayGroupName=Reference&jsid=6aabbe754eb55a4f4f901a07d44c439c&action=2&catId=&documentId=GALE%7CCV2645000004&u=gotitans&zid=4ec3737a5f0f32a03cb8006b8051c488

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dickmagnet

It happened to me one time when i bought a new brand of poppers, i was in a club on a bench face down ass up, i took a big big hit of poppers & must have blacked out i don't know for how long but when i woke up my ass was sore & full of cum don't know for how long i must have been used - but i still have no idea by who.