Got Syphilis! A postmortem writeup of my first-ever syphilis infection.

A postmortem writeup of my first-ever syphilis infection.

The big 'S' was the last one I had not got yet. But a while back I noticed this funky not quite right area on the bottom of my glans, where the foreskin starts.

It all started when I was getting sucked and it hurt on the right side. I instantly blamed the guy mentally on using teeth and didn't think more of it. It was however on the next fuck when I realize that feeling was there I was thrusting my cock into the guy. Careful inspection revealed pretty much nothing, a red area on behind the glans and between the foreskin. I kept going.

A few fucks later and it got worse. Everytime I stuck it in there was this miserable pain like my glans was being ripped apart. At this time red area had become circular and it didn't really hurt on the touch of it. It was only when you stretched it, like when you were fucking, that I'd feel discomfort. 

It did look like a chancre. I googled images of 'chancre' and it was pretty much that. So off to the GP doctor I went. She was uncomfortable about it, but still ordered VDRL and RPR tests. They came back NEGATIVE. But at this point, I knew that was pretty much syphilis, maybe too early to show up in tests. So I went to specialized STD clinic, and there they were able to do more testing. Bam! One of the treponemal tests came back + and in their inspection of the sample with microscope they could see the bacteria at simple sight, so I had it. 

Penicillin was given to me right away. I was asked to refrain from sex TWO weeks!!! So I had to look at this better. Apparently Treponema Pallidum is extremely susceptible to penicillin, to the point people stop being infections in a few yours from the shot. At 24-48 hours it's a guarantee you are no longer infectious. So a week of abstinence was more than enough. Penicillin was amazing. Even just after 24 hours after the shot I could see the chancre disappearing. It took probably a couple of weeks for it to be completely gone, but there's just nothing there anymore. In my research I found Treponema Pallidum/Syphilis is no easy cookie. If you let it go it can completely fuck you up. But at the same time, It's probably more treatable than gonorrhea or chlamydia given that there are no known antibiotic resistant variants. 

The whole experience puts in perspective to me the importance of testing, and testing often. So much of the messaging has been devoted to condoms! condoms! condoms! that people think that condoms are the one and only thing to do not get STDs. When in reality, what everyone should be doing is getting tested and treated as often and possible regardless of condom use. That way we would get STDs down..

• Upvote 6

Guest ceezed
17 hours ago, Leatherman667 said:

Later on in its progression; not in the Primary stages. Easier than the common cold to treat.

Read the OP, idiot.

I had it back before I was barebacking with everyone (about 12-13 years ago).  I might have had symptoms when I first got it, but didn't pay attention.  I tried to get a prior bf of 3 years to get tested partly to warn him and partly to find out how long I had it (one penicillin shot vs 3), but he never tested/replied so I ended up needing 3 shots spread out.  I had a lot of down time from sex then, but I wasn't quite such a slut as I am lately so not as difficult to abstain.  I let a few guys I played with know about it, and everyone of them dropped me like a hot potato.  At that time it was only barely starting to make a bit of a "comeback".  I think they saw me as too much of a whore since I had it when almost no one had it.  I still find the vast majority of guys suddenly disappear when I tell them I got something, and they should get tested.  Personally I prefer the notice and not spread it around or back and forth, but most don't seem to feel the same way.  Have never had it again even though it was soon after that when I really started bb pretty much 100% of the time.   

• Upvote 1

I had this infection as well. Apparently my immune system is very very good because i had so little in the physical symptom department that the health department people had trouble staging me. I too was told no sex for 2 weeks and new that was an impossibility with my appetite for being bred. Finding the same research showing it died within hours, i gave it two days of heavy toy play then i was back in getting bred like I needed. The only thing I didn't like about the experience was when i was quizzed on how many guys i had been with in the last few months and if i knew who they were I had to tell them a large quantity of partners and only 2 of them did i know their  names/how to contact them, which I did. They were negative for it so apparently, like some other STI's it is far easier for a bottom to get them from a top than a a top from a bottom.  It was inconvenient and I really think they try to make the shots hurt by placing them much higher and further out than I would do a glute shot but every sport has it's hazards and for a sexual athlete like me, this is my hazard. I roll with it, get it taken care of and back to play. I've had 6 or 7 STI's in my life and in comparison to the numbber of sex partners i've had (way into the thousands) my infection rate is a micro-percentage. The looks onthe women's faces when i did give a sex partner talley was worth a photo--ah, poor sexually repressed Chattanooga. They have no idea how to react to a guy that has had sex with dozens of guys in a short time frame and is totally proud of his partner count and hookup rate.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

rawfuckr, you're lucky to have caught it quickly. I had it about 10 years back and never noticed it. Primary stage might have been internal (mistaken for a hemorrhoid or something), secondary stage is a very mild rash, just looks like an allergy to clothes detergent or something. It wasn't until my ex-bf told me he had it that I was tested, and because it was secondary stage for over six months, I had to get three rounds of injected penicillin to ensure it was completely cleared (it can hide in the brain). Scary. I now test regularly.

Just to let you know I was diagnoses with Neuro syphiss last year ,told can lie undetected for 10 yrs ended up in hospital for 14 days on penicillin 4hrs on 4 hrs off .I got the biggest hard on when told .Worse part was when discharged and got the stomach cramps the body germs taking over from the penicillin.

I've had it twice and it is awful. The first time, I was traveling overseas and saw these bright red spots all over me. I thought it was allergies. That was my first trip overseas and I was so looking forward to having sex in another country. It also made me extremely tired and not able to walk for long periods of time so I had to cut a lot of places off my sightseeing list. When I got back to the USA, i showed the spots to a friend of mine who immediately told me to get my butt to urgent care for the penicillin shot.

The second time was really weird. The red spots appeared on my face, inside my ears and as bumps on my head. I didn't initially think syphilis since my previous time the spots had been confined to my arms and chest. Once I went to urgent care, they again identified it as syphilis, lectured me, and I got the penicillin again. It also caused tensions at work, because I had to delay getting a new portrait picture taken since the red blotches on my face took forever to heal.