Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

991 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

I grew up with a PC and a smart phone in my hand, but I can imagine how difficult it was for old timers, it's for sure made life alot easier for us LGBTQ community in particular. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 11:36 PM, NicNorth said:

Worst thing about a few of the sites is the boost feature - you start chatting to someone who ends up miles away and who is flooded with time wasting responses 

Yeah boosted profiles, I am not sure how that works.

I see that, as some apps and websites have added more features, the interface becomes a navigation nightmare. I don't know why particular profiles are highlighted, I am unsure how far they are from me. I am not sure if they are online now etc.

One app, half the time, I don't notice that people have sent me a message, the notification icons are not clear.

Generally, I am not online to have an online chat on an app. I am looking for an in-person meeting, in the time it takes to drive or walk there, right now not in two hours time. 

I am annoyed by profiles with no photos, who message and ask for photos in the first one or two messages. Another thing that puzzles me - profiles that are online 24/7. Do people have a dedicated phone or PC for that, are they clicking refresh every 10 minutes 24/7. What are they there for?

Squirt.org seems to work where I am. Grindr has people who chat but don't meet much.

BBRT and Sniffies work, but not many people on them here. Perhaps that is why they work? 

I would say that some apps work when they are new, then become a social media chat site, or just a place to have a wank, looking at photos?

Recon can work for meeting people with particular interests chatting and then organising a meeting.

Find can be annoying as to join another hookup website or app that not seem ironically any better than website or app on.

Find also annoying some get mad in ask age. I figure doing a favor in if have attitude about that not want to meet. Basically just want to know are age 18 or older. 

I also find some that have in profile can't host or travel to where unless one can pick up not see how can meet.

I also find some that not reply but say maybe 20 minutes later sign off. Wish say not interested instead of no reply. Otherwise wonder if just left on while working or something. 

Seem big a waste rather travel or host. I been thinking on how website or app theory have 80 to 90% are flakes, misses or not work out. Thus seems maybe meet rate is 10 to 20%. Then if top, bottom, vers ,oral or do something maybe success rate maybe 10%. Of course maybe more successful in a large city than a small town. However still have to weed out scammers, spammers, game players, etc. Then maybe get some happy ending. 

As tried to reply to one noticed had social media. When able to see social media a user posted that learned quickly seems to be one on web cam or sell on adult websites or whatever like only fans. I just wish was more upfront about than seem to be available. Also not sure if they want one to be on their websites or just what. Again if the goal that hope is upfront about. Also if blur out face or faces.

I have actually reached a point where not comfortable sharing some pictures for instead of help meet seems just jerk off material for picture collectors. If just want pictures buy a adult magazine,  or video or view online. 

Then if one is real had a situation of one fetish they had kept from meeting for not wear something to just appease them. 

Seems too much weeding out. Easier to not jump up when if see one is 500 feet, 2000 feet or 5 miles that some not seem serious in meeting. 

I just deleted my Grindr profile as I find there are too many scammers on there. Young guys who are hot with a beleivable profile hit you up, and after going back and forth with pics, they want to take the conversation over to Whatsapp where they try to swindel you. Happended about 6 times in the past month.

I don't trust any of these apps for hookups. Would rather just look at the pics and go to the bath house when I need to release.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 11:09 PM, kinkatx said:

At least in Austin, TX it seems BBRT, A4A, and even Grindr are basically dead because everyone is using Sniffies. 

I have always paid for BBRT and Grindr but now I only pay for Sniffies and it’s very well priced.

I wish they would add a filter feature  extend the distance of people you can see to a slightly larger radius. 

yes, I agree...  I think about 75% crossed over to sniffies in San Antonio, but due to the mile radius...   I can't see some of the Austin guys, goes north to about San Marcos or so (I live in Schertz). 

I have posted in this thread previously but I did want to add something regarding Doublelist that I was not aware of when I made my original post.

I have had at least three, maybe four guys tell me that their profiles were deleted because they mentioned "enhancements" in their profile.  Don't do that, discuss that in the messages you send people but don't post it in your profile.   They will take it down.  When I first started using Doublelist they were not charging a fee, now they have instituted one.  

The other complaint was that you needed to use your own personal email address to get responses, unlike the old Craigslist where you got your messages in a different manner.  I had to create a hotmail account for Doublelist because plenty of people know my gmail (or can figure it out) and my @Mac.com email actually is my legal name.  That's a problem for me.  So  if you are going the Doublelist route, and it is fun and can provide almost immediate sex, I would find a way to create an email address just for that site.

I just thought I would mention this to fellow posters before they wake up and find their profiles gone, that's disappointing.  Oh, and don't get me started about Barebackrt.com, the fact you can't use a VPN is just asking for trouble.  I don't care what his issues are, but it puts me at risk.  I plan on using my VPN as long as possible, and I have my location set as New York City, not Florida.  I think that owner of BBRT, who never has been the greatest at "customer service" needs to get some professional help because he is banning people right and left. He's losing long time paying customers every day.   He's done little, if nothing, to upgrade that site and you can hear crickets over on that site now.   BBRT used to be my "go-to" site, especially on Friday and Saturday nights after 11 pm, but these days I look elsewhere.

Happy Hunting!

• Upvote 1

Yeah bbrt is down for me too.  Georgia here if that makes any difference.  I use BBRT 99% of the time.  Luckily I have enough regulars (text) to keep me busy for now, but I'm always hunting fresh meat and visitors too.  Time to check out sniffies like everyone else seems to be using!

• Like 2