Tell Me Your Thoughts On Hookup Sites/Apps & Finding Sex

rawTOP

Questions About Hookup Sites  

990 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Websites?

• Harder than it was a few years ago
    • About the same as it was a few years ago
    • Even easier than it was a few years ago
  2. 2. Is It Easier or Harder To Find Sex On BarebackRT?

3. 3. Is It Easier Or Harder To Find Sex On Hookup Aps (on your phone)?

Earlier had one reply from app and I guess in what looking for didn't take the time to read profile. Or accidentally clicked on my listing when meant to click on one near or next to. 

I think some misunderstanding could be eliminated if read profile first before just contacting.  In my reading of profile first for example saw one that headline had hmu. However was misleading in age range looking for was 18 to 21. Individual can put, but see as narrow options. I decided not to contact as see looking for specific. In fact after a couple of weeks decided to block profile just so not keep seeing profile. 

I also find sometimes with apps run into one that wants one to meet now, even though they or I may have limited travel ability, or can't host but want to meet anyway. When both can't host,  I find when suggest adult bookstore,  that some not like as run down or not interested. Or interested in idea but not enough to actually go. I can acknowledge adult bookstores can seem run down, but motels can be similar in if pool closed so I guess comes down to if want to me. If had to guess some not want to pay cost if bookstore have of viewing area. Also I guess some not want to pay cost of room or split the cost. Thus, can seem some not serious or playing games. Personally, concern is if not meet that would not want to pay for a room for could decide not to show up. The exception is if already had room reserved and be staying anyway.

The other item can seem annoying is some beg or relentless ask in meeting when not seem a match or be able to match.  I try to politely decline, but if push too much use block option sparsely.  If I don't block, I at some point reduce reply, if know at moment can meet, or their 50 plus miles away that unless in area nearby not make much sense to contact. The exception is if they travel and either go to bookstore or get a room.

Sometimes as chat, realize that not a good match,  or accept not a good match and move on in wish the one looking good luck.

Sometimes,  a match and can have a fun time. However,  these can seem rare and can at times seems almost as much effort to match as if applies for a job. The difference is one can feel better in fucking. The other if not get a job can seemed fucked over. However, I do Sometimes think should not be that difficult to meet if just looking for fun. Also if not work out today, Sometimes tomorrow or a future day able to have fun. Just keep looking, but if need to take a break to do so. Then when return to can feel in a better place to play match game.

To sum up, read profile so can see if match or potential match. If both profiles are both a top or both bottom that not be a good match.  Then if some if a match in age legal adult range, one top, bottom or versatile, one can travel or host, etc. If can meet certain basic requirements that make more likely able to meet. 

A long time ago I started with A4A.  I progressed to Grindr (on and off as my mood suited or at least as much as I could tolerate those who use it also).  I am on BBRT, although in my location, hooking up is extremely hard to do without some planning and no one wants to do that.  Breeding Zone I think of more an an outlet for me to read and record, than to hook up.  If I had a goto site or app, Grindr would be it.  I have scored more off of it than anywhere else.

• 1 month later...

BBRT is useless unless you pay their membership fee. You can't see large pics, only thumbnails. When logging in your profile gets buried on the last page. Plus I'm tired of their notification of emails. You think you are getting all these emails when:

1) is an Oink

2) is for pics unlocked

3) is the actual message. 

You log on and you see you have 21 emails but they're actually from 3-4 guys plus a meth head who hit the send key 15 times.

Their system doesn't understand an apostrophe and it garbles your message to something unreadable. You are prohibited from mentioning drug use in your profile text, yet the option is there to indicate that you use drugs.  Never understood that one.

Plus the admins are a douche.

Edited by Muscledadbod

On 8/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Muscledadbod said:

BBRT is useless unless you pay their membership fee. You can't see large pics, only thumbnails. When logging in your profile gets buried on the last page. Plus I'm tired of their notification of emails. You think you are getting all these emails when:

1) is an Oink

2) is for pics unlocked

3) is the actual message. 

You log on and you see you have 21 emails but they're actually from 3-4 guys plus a meth head who hit the send key 15 times.

Their system doesn't understand an apostrophe and it garbles your message to something unreadable. You are prohibited from mentioning drug use in your profile text, yet the option is there to indicate that you use drugs.  Never understood that one.

I haven't had any problems with BBRTS admins, but I agree with you completely about the excessive notifications and e-mails, and about the need for a paid membership. (In fairness, Grindr, Scruff, and other similar hookup apps are also pretty limited unless you pay.)

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Muscledadbod said:

BBRT is useless unless you pay their membership fee.

Funny how that works in an era when people employ adblockers to deprive websites of the only other significant revenue source they have.

I mean, realistically: It's $6/month for the most expensive option. If you pay by the year, it's $5/month. As I understand it, that's less than the average cost of a cocktail in NYC.

For people who seem to think sex is so very important, an awful lot of people seem unwilling to spend even the slightest pittance on helping find better access to it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Funny how that works in an era when people employ adblockers to deprive websites of the only other significant revenue source they have.

I mean, realistically: It's $6/month for the most expensive option. If you pay by the year, it's $5/month. As I understand it, that's less than the average cost of a cocktail in NYC.

For people who seem to think sex is so very important, an awful lot of people seem unwilling to spend even the slightest pittance on helping find better access to it.

Multiply that times all the other fees the other sites charge and it can add up.

You get much more mileage from apps like Scruff, Grindr and Adam without having to pay.

6 hours ago, Muscledadbod said:

Multiply that times all the other fees the other sites charge and it can add up.

You get much more mileage from apps like Scruff, Grindr and Adam without having to pay.

So... you're saying if you have to pay for a bunch of sites, it adds up, but.... here's a bunch of other sites that you get plenty from without having to pay, so there's no cost there, either. Where exactly are all these sites that you have to pay extra for that add up to so much?

I agree you get more from, say, Adam4Adam - as in lots, lots more spam, fake profiles, junk messages, etc. 

4 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

So... you're saying if you have to pay for a bunch of sites, it adds up, but.... here's a bunch of other sites that you get plenty from without having to pay, so there's no cost there, either. Where exactly are all these sites that you have to pay extra for that add up to so much?

I agree you get more from, say, Adam4Adam - as in lots, lots more spam, fake profiles, junk messages, etc. 

BBRT, Recon, Manhunt, NKP, Silverdaddies, Dudesnude to name a few...

• 2 weeks later...

I was the most successful with Bath Houses, and Nude Beaches. Much better, and not dealing with other men getting caught up with stats, and numbers like age, and Body size. 

BarebackRT:   I've been a paying member for 10+ years with much success.   I will not be renewing when my current membership runs out.   The best feature is the party post and they've had it turned off since March 2020 due to COVID.   I initially understood; however, they're now far more restrictive than local requirements anyplace.   If I can go to a bathhouse, I should be able to post  or attend a BBRT party.  Pretty sure their COVID policies have destroyed the business.  Traffic is gone. 

Grindr:   We all know the issues but it's ubiquitous.    Works in every city. 

Scruff:    Grindr with less BOTs.  

Sniffies:   New entrant, best on the market at this point.  Cheap, very effective and guys are DTF.   They have a BOT issue but overall the place I get the most sex.   

DoubleList:   Bad version of Craigslist with less traffic. 

Everything Else (USA): Niche and ineffective. 

On 8/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Muscledadbod said:

You’re being kind. The way they treat paying customers is appalling. Right after I had purchased a six-month subscription, my account was suspended because my username - which had been my username there for years - suddenly got flagged by their anti-drug filter because it contained the word ‘wired’ (!). Not only was the tech support incredibly rude about it, when I sent a note of complaint the admin replied that any further response would get me banned. I don’t think he has much in the way of business sense.

Here’s how useless Grindr has become: Over the course of 24 hours of slutting in Louisville a week ago, my Grindr profile, which advertised that I was actively hosting and where, racked up 287 views. Fucks resulting from those views: 0. Admittedly, that may partly be a reflection of the suckitude of Louisville as a place to get laid (and indeed, I have decided to stop hosting there altogether), but zero out of nearly 300?

Growlr has never performed. Those bears seem to be in a perpetual state of hibernation.

A4A is a bot machine, but I do get a good hit on it from time to time.

Doublelist is... improving? I usually manage one hookup a session from DL, even though their text and image censorship is so heavy it’s almost impossible to get across what you’re really after.

It’s really too bad these systems are so flawed. Not everyone is adept at the subtleties of eye contact  and wordless signalling that make for successful cruising. A man would to practically stick his hand down my pants before I would realize he was making a pass at me (it’s possible that I’m not as blind to it as I think - it’s entirely likely that no passes are being made for me to overlook).

I live in hope that when RAWTop eventually launches whatever alternative he has in mind it will have learned from the mistakes that other sites have made before and give us something that will actually connect people together in useful ways. I would open my wallet for that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:01 AM, BlackDude said:

Grindr seems to be unfriendly to certain people in my area. Anyone know the best sites where a black guy can have the best luck? I haven’t tried sniffies.

Have you tried Jack’d? It seems to have a higher percentage of minorities in general overall compared to Grindr/Scruff/etc. Sniffies is awesome but only if there are a lot of gay men in your area. You can try as an anonymous user though if you want to check it out before you sign up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used squirt since 1999 and I have gotten fucked more times than I can remember. It rarely has let me down. I honestly have probably had 50+ hookups from there over the years. Made a lot of friends too. Reddit has been ok and I like it because it seems to have much younger tops.

Edited by inmyass262