If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,743 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

I was tempted to go for "no age of consent", just because I was started very young and never regretted anything. But then I thought twice. If you don't stop at 12, you won't stop at ANY age. And yes, your sexual orientation may be cut and dried as early as 6-10 years old, as psychologists tell us. But even if a 6 year old boy knows that he gets all fidgety whenever a man with a chiseled jawline, a deep voice and furry forearms is around, that doesn't mean that he's ready to handle an adult cock. For most guys "sex" is synonymous with "penetration" and at the risk of disillusioning all you www.nifty.org -addicts: a grown man's beercan-thick 10'' dick will NEVER fit into a 6 year old's boyhole. I know from experience. I wasn't able to take cocks much smaller than that at age 11.

In Germany we say "The opposite of well done is well intended." Don't know if there is a comparable phrase in English, too. But what I'm trying to say is: Even if you're no manipulative child molester and truly mean well with the boy, you'll never be able to foretell what effect it's going to have on the child. And I'm not only talking about severe damage to a young kid's rectum, but also about the effect of having your childish innocence taken away from you. Having an adult's cock squirting cum into either one of your holes is the end of your childhood, no matter how old or young you are at that time. And nobody can return it once it's been taken away.

So I guess I'll go for "16". At that point most boys should be ready. And if a kid is determined enough to get some cock, he'll go for it anyway, whether there's a law or not.

The thing that strikes me as unfair about consent laws--at least in the US--is the fact that we have different ages for different things. Driving: 16. Voting: 18. Joining the military: 17. Booze: 21. And sex? Call your state's attorney general and ask, cause it could be practically anything!

The fair thing would be to pick an age and say that's it: this is when you're an adult. Some people won't be ready at that age; some will be ready before hand. That's life. But unless we're gonna give some government agency the authority to administer a test that you have to pass to be an adult, just picking an age is the only way to go.

Guest Raxi Starbeam

I voted for 14. I knew I liked men since I was 10, but never really did anything until I was 14. I fooled around with my cousin when I was younger, but it never went anywhere. Since I knew I liked men at age 10, and took a few years to develop myself sexually, I think 13-14 would be a median age for an age of consent.