If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

I'll go with 16.  At 12, I started being attracted to guys.  I would have really loved to have been able to suck as many dicks as possible.  But, I would have wanted them to be close to my age.  I wasn't interested in anal until about 17.  Unfortunately, I didn't do anything until my 20s.

I would not top a 16 year old, but would gladly let him top me, and I'd suck him dry.  And, contrary to a lot of guys on here, I would not top a virgin, for fear of hurting him.  Particularly a 16 year old guy.

Most likely, older guys want to be with younger ones, to try to relive their own youth.  Yet, I realize that there are some guys who do want to take advantage of that youth just to satisfy their own needs, at the price of hurting both physically and emotionally the younger guy.

If I was with a 16 year old, I'd let him set the pace of what we did, and make sure he understood the possible consequences of "his/my/our" actions.

Sex should be enjoyable for both partners.  I'd do whatever I could to make sure that his time with me would be something he'd look back on decades later fondly.

After saying all of that, sadly, I've never been with anyone under 25.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would have voted none but even though I started very early I was 9. I was ready for it and was with a man that taught me how to have sex with older men and took over two years with dildos and plugs training my ass. I think a good average would be 12. At 12 I absolutely knew what I wanted and really genuinely enjoyed it too. Any earlier and a top could significantly damage a boy under 12 if he doesn't train him gently first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I was carefully recruited when I was fourteen.  I spent the next year being tutored in many things queer.  It was a great experience and really prepared me well for life time of assorted queerness.   While I personally have not interest in young guys....I see my experience as very much an awakening time.  No doubt, I was more confident in my sexual identity than the vast majority of my peers.  Plus, I was having a lot of sex at that age and liking it all.

In general, it is perhaps not the age as it is the introduction to sex.   Gender identity, sexual preferences, sexual skills and sexual attitudes are all complicated subjects.  And most have to figure that out on their own.   My mentor gave me a very valuable gift along with all the cum.   Too bad more folks that age do not get the chance to start out fucking with some knowledge.  It certainly added much to my life.

• 2 months later...

in my country consent age is 15... but if i speak for myself only, i was ready at age of 12, i knew what sex was and understood everything it implied

unfortunately, first time i found someone for sex was when i was 14, and it was an older guy in his forties 

It's 16 here in the UK, I first got sucked off at the age of 12 by some old perv, but even then any younger than 16 doesn't feel right tbh, and at that age you'll have to deal with a certain amount of naive clinginess that comes with that age

• Like 1

Guest bayareadl

While I get that some develop and are aware and ready for sex before 16.  I think 16 is a good age since that is the age we start to give teenagers major responsibility.  Driving a car requires a great deal of responsibility and I think if a 16 year old can handle that, then they can handle having sex with adults and can make their own choices.

I was raped at 13 by a family friend and while it opened the door sexually for me (I eventually got into a consensual sexual relationship with this guy for 4 years), I realize that for many it could leave lasting emotional damage.  Without that experience, I probably wouldn't have had my first sexual experience or come to the realization that I was gay for maybe another couple of years. 

On 5/15/2016 at 2:16 PM, BlindRawFucker said:

I'll go with 16.  At 12, I started being attracted to guys.  I would have really loved to have been able to suck as many dicks as possible.  But, I would have wanted them to be close to my age.  I wasn't interested in anal until about 17.  Unfortunately, I didn't do anything until my 20s.

I would not top a 16 year old, but would gladly let him top me, and I'd suck him dry.  And, contrary to a lot of guys on here, I would not top a virgin, for fear of hurting him.  Particularly a 16 year old guy.

Most likely, older guys want to be with younger ones, to try to relive their own youth.  Yet, I realize that there are some guys who do want to take advantage of that youth just to satisfy their own needs, at the price of hurting both physically and emotionally the younger guy.

If I was with a 16 year old, I'd let him set the pace of what we did, and make sure he understood the possible consequences of "his/my/our" actions.

Sex should be enjoyable for both partners.  I'd do whatever I could to make sure that his time with me would be something he'd look back on decades later fondly.

After saying all of that, sadly, I've never been with anyone under 25.

I had a similar history. I realized attraction to boys at 11 but didn't do anything till 20s. 

My more rational side would say consent at 15.  Though I would have consented at 12.  That's when my crush (deep fantasy is probably more accurate) on the 20something Latin doorman began.  I spent hours everyday keeping him company in the lobby.  He was great - not a single instance that even came close to anything more than a supportive adult figure. Meanwhile, I spent those hours whenever he was scheduled in complete infatuation - studying his body.  I frequently masturbated to fantasies of him  or him and his wife or him and me.

When I was 13 I had my first experience.  I can't really say that I was molested when I was actually interested in experimenting.  It wasn't until I was 16 when I had my first bareback experience with a guy that was mid to late 20's and I let him cum in me.  If I recall, I don't believe I have ever used condoms with any of my encounters.  I did once as a top but I made sure that the condom broke because I wanted to cum in this young dude's hole.

On 11/4/2013 at 10:58 AM, hawwkfan said:

Exactly. Nature should dictate it. Not puritanical law.

[h=3][/h]

This statement best sums up the truth about the need to end the tyrannical, puritanical, nonsense about the need to end absurd age of consent laws.  I voted 12 because that was the lowest age listed on here and the no age of consent option had the silliness about stiffening rape laws attached to it (rape laws are already out of control in Europe and North America, but that is another topic I will not tangent on now).  Nature, God, Fate, Karma, Chance, or what ever you call it makes you decide when you want to have sexual contact, so it is up to you to decide and government has no place interfering in what you want to do with your body whether you are 9 or 99.  Gay, straight, or bisexual does not matter and male or female does not matter as this is true for every human being and has always been true no matter what psycho babble, religious nuts, the moronic media, and the crooked governments want you to believe to the contrary.

I am the opposite of everybody else on here who started having sex young as I was stupid and wasted my formative years by believing the bull shit about waiting until after 18 for sex (I was a lame 27 when I first had sex), waiting until I loved somebody for sex (I tossed that out long before I finally had my first ever sex with a hooker), and always using a condom (my membership on this site proves what I think of condoms now, but only after wasting several sexual experiences by using condoms).  People do not realize that the invention of the arbitrary, mythical, age of adulthood barrier had nothing to do with sex, drugs, drinking, driving, music, military service, and everything else is has been wrongly applied to for a century as the age of adulthood barrier was really invented during the Great Depression by labor unions pressuring the governments to create a barrier in order to keep kids from taking jobs away from old (and often lazy) union members for lower pay (the rationale was that the older workers had families to feed, so they needed the age barrier to keep younger, stronger, healthier, workers from taking their jobs away for lower pay rates).  The age barrier worked so well at oppressing young people trying to enter the work force that government just decided to apply it to everything else they wanted to oppress young people from doing in order to please some special interest group whether it is listening to rap music (screw you Tipper Gore) or drinking a beer (screw you Nancy Reagan).  As far as traumatizing a 12 year old having sex for the first time, I will quote professional wrestling legend Kevin Von Erich who publicly has said he was traumatized when fellow wrestling legend Gene Kiniski bought Kevin his first ever fuck with a hooker in Las Vegas at age 12 because Kevin said he was traumatized by not being able to get his pants off quick enough to fuck the hooker (I wish I could have had an older family friend like that who could have traumatized me similarly at age 12 instead of having that fun trauma when I was 27).

• 2 weeks later...

I think 16 is right, but the Dutch system that lowers the age of consent when both parties are say 14 is appealing. 

Ive done a complete flip on fucking and slamming 16-19 year olds. In moderation can be hot as fuck plus slamming skips the bottoms forward about five years. I am always very strict with them on PREP or PEP and advise to avoid the FF scene for at least a decade. All 3 are still negative. One of them takes his PREP but otherwise does as a poz guy would (e.g. Cruising, gangbang bottom, taking loads irrespective of status). It is guys like this that make me want a biohazard tattoo to avoid any misunderstanding. 

On 11/16/2013 at 0:01 AM, ExtremeTop said:

It's 16 in the UK, yet the English speaking internet seems to want to forbid 16 and 17 year olds from any sort of dating website.

Hence why one's online popularity drops off a cliff from 18 to 19.