If another HIV like outbreak occured today would you stop barebacking.

wood

Would you stop barebacking in another deadly epidemic?   

136 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stop barebacking in another deadly epidemic?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only raw with monogamous partner

Guest hodannyboi

I'd probably just take a long break from sex, and then resume (bb) in my 50's or 60's.

Sex is great but I feel I already dodged a bullet by being fortunate enough to come of age in the generation after the epidemic.

I would feel absolutely terrible for the generation coming of age during the midst of this hypothetical 2nd epidemic, however.

Call me old fashioned, but I've always found that plagues of terrifying agonizing certain death detract from, rather than add to, the carnal pleasures of uninhibited lusty sweaty man sex.

• 2 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021

Another thing to consider too, if there is some new outbreak, we probably would not know until it was too late, for all we know, it could have happened already. A Lot of the early HIV infections where happening, before anyone knew anything about HIV or AIDS.

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, Passalaque said:

One of the advantages of getting older is there are a lot of other things that are more likely to take you out so no I’m not worried and will continue to BB and live live fully. No regrets 

No one is getting out alive 

My way of thinking and feeling about it also, have become accepting and open to it when and if it happens, even if it's with the med resistant and non-treatable strain.

• 6 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On 1/10/2019 at 9:36 AM, Guest Natural-bttm said:

We all have an expiration date, we just don't know when it is.  Live happy and for the moment always. 

I concur, and feel that expiration date is getting closer every time I turn on the news, and here about the Corona virus, climate change, or the political landscape,........so Carpe Diem.

There are a lot of things in this world that can kill you. You can die of the flu you caught when that fat lady sneezed on you at Walmart. So - no - if a new virus popped up I would not stop fucking bare. I do, however, avoid fat ladies buying corn dogs in the frozen food aisle.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, Futile2Resist said:

Another thing to consider too, if there is some new outbreak, we probably would not know until it was too late, for all we know, it could have happened already. A Lot of the early HIV infections where happening, before anyone knew anything about HIV or AIDS.

Some medical scientists reckon that HIV's asymptomatic incubation period lasts on average for about 10 years .

If this is actually true, then it means that the people who started becoming ill and dropping like flies in 1980/81, when the epidemic was first realised,  would have all been infected in the early 1970s ...around 1970/71.

There was a young lad in St Louis, Missouri called Robert Rayford who died in 1969 with pneumonia and Kaposi's Sarcoma. Years later it was confirmed through tests of his blood samples the doctors had kept in the hospital, that he had HIV. So, he was possibly infected around the late 1950s or very early 1960s. HIV must have been lurking in the United States for AT LEAST two decades before it made itself really known in the early 80s.

So yeah you're right, we wouldn't know about something new until it was too late. And a new, deadly virus could take a long time to rear its ugly head. Very frightening.

• 7 months later...