Hepatitis A Immunity

I've been told that 1 point I had Hepatitis (Hep A) and every time labs are done, the first part of the test is reactive and the second is non-reactive.

So in turn, it means I'm immune to Hepatitis (Hep A), which means that I'll never get it again.

For that, my doctor started me on the hep B vaccine.

Since I was apparently infected with Hep A at one point, I'm no risk of passing it on to anyone?  I'm at slim to risk of getting Hep A again?

So with that being the case, I don't need to disclose that to any potential hookup or partner?

Thanks

Edited by KYRiley
Sorry didn't realize this may be in wrong section

Hepatitis a is not transmitted sexually. It’s usually transmitted by contaminated food. I’ve had it as well. You can’t ever get it again but it’s different from other kinds of hepatitis.

Sometimes people don’t get sick at all, in other cases like me, you’re sicker than you’ve ever been.

Edited by Sfmike64
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sfmike64 said:

Hepatitis a is not transmitted sexually. It’s usually transmitted by contaminated food. I’ve had it as well. You can’t ever get it again but it’s different from other kinds of hepatitis.

Sometimes people don’t get sick at all, in other cases like me, you’re sicker than you’ve ever been.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm curious why it shows up on a STD panel then.

If you consider eating ass to be sex, then yes, it's transmitted sexually. The virus is transmitted via oral exposure to infected fecal material -- even a microscopic amount. It stands to reason one could be exposed to it as a result of licking around down there.

Edited by Grey

If you haven't had any type of Hep, you should get a Hep A vaccine and a Hep B vaccine. You should also get an HPV vaccine and an pneumococcal vaccine (covers mono and others).  Hep C has no vaccine, is sexually transmitted and has an 18-20% full recovery rate (ie, stays acute then you're immune). If it becomes chronic there's a cure but it's expensive.

And, studies are showing that a 100mg pill of doxycycline before sex reduces the chances of syph, gono and chlam by up to 70%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildbottom said:

If you haven't had any type of Hep, you should get a Hep A vaccine and a Hep B vaccine. You should also get an HPV vaccine and an pneumococcal vaccine (covers mono and others).  Hep C has no vaccine, is sexually transmitted and has an 18-20% full recovery rate (ie, stays acute then you're immune). If it becomes chronic there's a cure but it's expensive.

And, studies are showing that a 100mg pill of doxycycline before sex reduces the chances of syph, gono and chlam by up to 70%

Thanx again!

I saw that study you mentioned on this site twice,

I thought Doxy is by prescription only. 

Understandable,, if I'm not to stoked for Carrie Underwood's show (3 hours later that day), I'll remember to ask my doctor about HPV & pneumococcal vaccines.  Just very coincidental my next 2 appointments of essence are dates of concerts I got tickets before these appointments were scheduled.

I'll get my final Hep B dose that day.

3 hours ago, wildbottom said:

However, using doxy that way is also driving antibiotic resistance in gonorrhea. Many gonorrhea strains are already resistant to doxy as well.

16 hours ago, Grey said:

If you consider eating ass to be sex, then yes, it's transmitted sexually. The virus is transmitted via oral exposure to infected fecal material -- even a microscopic amount. It stands to reason one could be exposed to it as a result of licking around down there.

Men who have sex with men are at increased risk for Hep A (and other parasites) even if they don't rim. The faecal-oral transmission can occur from just plain anal sex, especially without condoms.

Your point about anal/oral transmission of Hep A is of course true. It can also be transmitted via infected blood. 

No one should be randomly taking antibiotics. Overuse of antibiotics is a huge problem and antibiotic resistant bacteria are SCARY AS FUCK. Don't do this. There are already multiple drug resistant strains of gonorrhea, syphilis and TB out there.

But yes to all of those vaccines.  All men should have the HPV vaccine to prevent anal cancer, up to age 45.

• Upvote 1

I contracted hep a from a seafood marinara from a so called "fine dining establishment". The state health department closed it down as I wasn't the only one. Fortunately it cleared..no grog, fatty foods full cream milk etc for several weeks.. came thru it ok. There is a vaccine for it but it has a short life span - eg less than 12 months and the affects on kidneys can be severe.. so in short do U want to be taking it continuously????. for limited benefit.. perhaps re-examining your sexual activities ie rimming strangers etc might be more prudent.

Also got hep C from a european fuck trip in 2015.. geno 1a. I was very fortunate that it spontaneously cleared after about 6 months..without the expensive medication that came on out our fed govt PBS just after. - that wasn't fun.

In short... be sensible and careful.

20 hours ago, Sfmike64 said:

Your point about anal/oral transmission of Hep A is of course true. It can also be transmitted via infected blood. 

No one should be randomly taking antibiotics. Overuse of antibiotics is a huge problem and antibiotic resistant bacteria are SCARY AS FUCK. Don't do this. There are already multiple drug resistant strains of gonorrhea, syphilis and TB out there.

But yes to all of those vaccines.  All men should have the HPV vaccine to prevent anal cancer, up to age 45.

The studies using Doxy were conducted with daily Doxy of 100mg and then 200mg - which definitely raises concerns about resistance, but occasional preventative use is a feasible tactic to reducing instances of STI's - as one person noted Gono is already resistant to all but one antibiotic.   

Guest descartes70817

I've had both Hep A and Hep B vaccines, and while the Hep A vaccine took first time and I'm still immune I've had two goes at the Hep B vaccine and neither time has it been effective.

Back to the doxy as PrEP and PEP:

A series of studies showed a 100mg pill of doxy, taken as PrEP DAILY showed a 70% reduction in Syph and Chlam, no change to Gono instances (but Gono instances were already low), but the same approach but only with occasional use of doxy as PrEP (before sex) showed nearly the same reduction but lessened the possibility of resistance.

A new study of 200 mg doxy as PEP (after sex) showed a 47% reduction in both Chlam and Syph.

For Gono itself, it is transmitted on average to 124 people per 100,000 population.  Below is what it does IF it was never treated.
In men, gonorrhea can cause a painful condition in the tubes attached to the testicles. In rare cases, this may cause a man to be sterile, or prevent him from being able to father a child.