Changing Thoughts on BB Because of Covid-19?

Have you changed your beliefs about barebacking and taking poz loads in the future because of Covid-19?

Will your habits--not change? take more loads? or fewer loads?

Is life too short to always play it as safe as possible while barebacking?

Also, how many of you who have gone off your PREP or your HIV meds during this down time will stay off of it and continue to bareback once the world begins turning again?

• Like 1

I have not changed my beliefs. My habits will indeed change! (Is that a parodox? My habits change, but what I believe does NOT? Hmmm.) 

Here's how it will change for me. We sinful fuckers of the Earth will all be equal before this scourge. And when it's over, it'll be over, and there will be a few less people in the world. For them, they don't get to do all the things they still wanted to do. That could just as easily have been you or me, so we ought to live for the day and do the things we enjoy. Because tomorrow might not happen. That was the reality before it all started, but now it hits home a little more. It's not as within our control as before.

I'm looking for a major change in my life, so I'm going to start doing more and enjoying more. That will probably include taking more loads. Since this began, I've started a small journey of learning to bottom and LIKE it. Regular practice with my toys, which I seldom used before, are a big part of that. When I can get fucked again, I expect at least ONE guy to try cumming inside me. Most of the time they give a good fuck, but don't deposit anything. It's usually me who ends up blowing a wad. 

I have gone off my PreP. A good friend gave me his bottles when he switched to Descovy, and I was taking them just fine. Now that I have zero chance of any action for the foreseeable future, I may as well keep it until then. I have been approved for my own pills from the doctor, but they have not yet arrived. They would just go to waste while we wait this out. And when that day comes, it's back to barebacking and chasing (although I can't say how successful this will be considering I'm taking a proven blocker for such things.) I'll be off it for good when I'm ready.

Well anyone with a compromised immune system should be avoiding all viral, fungal and bacterial pathogens as best they practically can all the time. But anyone, compromised or not, who is interacting with people they don’t live with now is just stupid and selfish. You only interact for necessities like groceries. Not fucking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well the current world crisis is not related to barebacking so let’s set that aside for a moment. My desires and the risks I am willing to take in order to bareback alone are unchanged. Anything I am likely to “catch” has a treatment regimen and not likely to do me in suddenly. Plus these are communicable diseases which consenting adults must weigh for themselves their own risk tolerance. It is not being thrust upon someone by a casual touch, cough or sneeze. It requires active, intimate contact.

COVID-19 is a contagious disease that is easily transmitted, often by folks who are unaware. This is, I hesitate to say, the game changer. Not only can we no longer bareback as in the past but we can’t even do cuddles with someone  outside our sheltered environment. That’s right I said cuddles! Neg4pozbb has a softer side.

Our hope will be in a vaccine. It will come before an HIV vaccine but then, [fill in what let’s you sleep at night].

Just my opinion I could be full of s**t.

Edited by neg4pozBB
  • Like 2

Like the poster above said, barebacking is not the issue. I don't want to engage in sexual conduct of any kind, with a random guy or even someone I know who is very slutty, if there is a chance I could catch the virus right now. While there are guys out here playing russian roulette, I bet even they would agree that no ass or dick is worth being on a ventilator or potentially dying. And I'm quite sure that if they do get sick, they would conceal their sexual activity out of fear of being judged.  

I do hope all this ends soon because I see some potentially sinister developments on the horizon if this endures. You can completely stifle gay life with no venues, stay at home orders, cell phone tracking etc. If you tank the economy,  the poor and eventually the middle class will become dependent on the state. Life already sucks with no sports, no entertainment, no restaurants etc. I just hope we can avoid international conflict. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CuriousDallas

I’m still hooking up and still giving and taking loads bareback. Most of the guys here in Killeen are either younger, bi or straight on the DL, or Army guys, and none of those groups typically ask for or use condoms. Most want it pretty bad and will ask about Covid-19 but nothing else. With no bars, ABS’s, gyms, and such they don’t have a lot of options. The bathrooms at Home Depot and Target are busy as are the parks and online. I’d run out of Prep and am doing like I did in the old days before I was on it...taking my chances. I’m not out to my parents and can’t really have some shipped here. Driving to the border and crossing into Mexico to get some isn’t an option either. 

I’ve stopped hooking up or 6 weeks now and come off PrEP. I live with my partner (though we’ve not had sex for over 10 years) and he followed all the news sites and well before the lockdown he knew it was going to be bad. He picked a big argument with me when the first social distancing measures started saying I’d have to stop fucking around as I was putting him at risk. He reckoned that at his age (older than me) and having smoked most his life he was at high risk. So I stopped. Before the argument I had vague ideas of my own to go cruising one last time before lockdown and then sneak out for some one-on-ones I deemed safe (I even bought a box of condoms for first time in years as I imagined guys would ask for them) but didn’t do any of that after the argument and my partner’s pleas. I’m not sure how I’d have acted if we hadn’t had the argument or I lived alone but the social pressure made me a good boy anyway. Now I’m faced with a dilemma as we start to move out of lockdown. I haven’t sought my partner’s “permission” to fuck around before and we are probably going to have an awkward conversation some time, I can wait till it’s safer but am reluctant to leave it until a vaccine appears as lack of sex for a year or two will leave a big void in my life.

1 hour ago, bareback-flipflop said:

I think it’s totally needless to refuse bb because of the covid. If someone wants to minimise the risk of covid infection must avoid sex in general. If someone undertakes to have sex during the pandemic, it can do it bb. 

This. Covid-19 is a respiratory virus. It doesn’t care whether you wear a condom or not.

Personally I’m not hooking up at all though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, subBottomKink said:

This. Covid-19 is a respiratory virus. It doesn’t care whether you wear a condom or not.

Personally I’m not hooking up at all though.

Yes, me neither. 
And what you wrote about its respiratory characteristic makes for me totally baffling when someone is looking for nowadays “safe” sex. Sex during the pandemic can’t be safe independently of using condome or not  

I’ve read the OP again and I think we’re all misinterpreting the question. I think he meant whether we’ll choose to bareback more or go off PrEP after covid-19 because we’ll have decided life’s too short to worry about these things.

For me, I already bareback 100% of the time. I’ll keep doing so. And taking PrEP is no problem for me. For me personally, HIV is a complication I don’t want or need. In fact having a new disease out there that is more harmful to people with chronic diseases would make me more determined not to get HIV.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, subBottomKink said:

I’ve read the OP again and I think we’re all misinterpreting the question. I think he meant whether we’ll choose to bareback more or go off PrEP after covid-19 because we’ll have decided life’s too short to worry about these things.

For me, I already bareback 100% of the time. I’ll keep doing so. And taking PrEP is no problem for me. For me personally, HIV is a complication I don’t want or need. In fact having a new disease out there that is more harmful to people with chronic diseases would make me more determined not to get HIV.

Totally agreed. 

Guest RawCunt

IF anything..

It has made the craving run darker, deeper and seedier.

I think when things return to some form of normality, there will be outbreaks/ increases in more than Hiv, as many will forego their beliefs and practices to get back on the wagon quickly.