Why do we find arrogant men appealing?

ErosWired

On 5/16/2020 at 1:29 AM, ErosWired said:

Actually, the title doesn’t quite cover what I mean, and from the start I want to be clear that this topic isn’t about Alphas. There is no substitute for a genuine Alpha Male who takes control of another man sexually - the sublimity of that arrangement explains itself.

Rather, I’m thinking about the way some men strut around taking up more than their fair share of personal space, or sit around with their legs spread, unabashedly ogling every body that passes, offering comments boorish and unrefined (or just whistling), laughing louder than anything could be funny, being ‘bro’, being badass (well, trying to really hard), and being bullies.

These are the guys who think they should be in charge, not because they’re the cleverest, but because they’re the most popular and they work out and think it’s awesome that the guys at work did a Haka before the volleyball match against the guys from their rival across town.

You know - Men Behaving Badly. Drunkenly. Stupidly. Selfishly. Ignorantly. Arrogantly - as though they own the world and everything in it, know all they will ever need to know and more than you do, and are entitled to whatever they want and anything you have.

I can’t stand these kinds of men. Their empty braggadocio and their general impunity grates against my sense of justice. Their joy in their willful ignorance is an affront to my intelligence. But most galling of all is that I absolutely want to let them fuck me because of what they are.

Why? Why am I like this? Why does it send a rush through me to think of being ass-up in a room with guys who would say to one another, “Hold my beer” before sliding into me while the others egg him on and call me a whore?

Why does this macheesemo that manifests itself in bullying and posturing somehow make them choice Tops for breeding? Does it humiliate me to think, afterward, that I let them callously enjoy my body, seed me, slap my ass and strut off laughing? Yes, yes it does. But I don’t do it to be humiliated. I really don’t understand what it is that gives me an instinctual imperative to service their cocky masculinity. Does anyone understand what I’m talking about? Feel the same thing? Any of you Tops have any theories?

I think others explained well enough why it can be attractive.  But I have to say, although I found it kind of hot when I was younger, most of the time these guys are sexual duds.  You only get an entitlement mentality after being entitled for too long for some reason, and that usually means you're piss poor at human interaction, including sex. 

• 1 month later...

I am 1000% testosterone, don’t need to make a big fuss about it, it is noticeable enough so I don’t have to “prove” my masculinity to anyone with this kind of childish behavior. 

Yes, it is fairly common. Yes it can be appealing, especially if a fag has idealized the men who bully him into submission

For me? I respect a faggot. I think is hard in our society to be fem, it is hard in the gay environment to be a bottom (bottom shaming is a thing and I find it disgusting. If it weren’t for bottoms, I would NOT be able to top). It’s also hard in that a bottom exposes a very sensitive part of his body so that another man can use it for sexual pleasure. I would never be able to do any of these brave things, and that’s why I respect faggots and I am only interested in using them. No disrespect to gay men or other types of bottoms but fags are really the best sex in my opinion. 

Going back to the topic, most times when you get guys like that, trust me, they are trying to overcompensate for some sort of insecurity. A total turnoff in my book. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BreedingTop71 said:

I am 1000% testosterone, don’t need to make a big fuss about it, it is noticeable enough so I don’t have to “prove” my masculinity to anyone with this kind of childish behavior. 

Going back to the topic, most times when you get guys like that, trust me, they are trying to overcompensate for some sort of insecurity. A total turnoff in my book. 

And yet here you are, bragging about your "1000% testosterone" level - and making similar posts far and wide throughout this forum about what an incredible, masculine, dominant top you are. I think the last statement in your post includes more than you let on.

5 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

And yet here you are, bragging about your "1000% testosterone" level - and making similar posts far and wide throughout this forum about what an incredible, masculine, dominant top you are. I think the last statement in your post includes more than you let on.

So boring. Sounds like someone has a lot to prove to others instead of just accepting we are all different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BreedingTop71 said:

So boring. Sounds like someone has a lot to prove to others instead of just accepting we are all different. 

Oh, I accept that people are different and they're free to be as different as they choose. I personally find arrogant men to be lousy fucks and worse people, but that doesn't mean I don't accept them as they are. I just choose generally to not associate with them.

I do, however, call out bullshit when I see it, no matter whether it's coming from an arrogant ass or otherwise. When a person makes post after post after post all emphasizing what a masculine person he is, and then actually writes - with no indication of self-awareness - that he doesn't "need to make a big fuss about it, it is noticeable enough so I don’t have to “prove” my masculinity", all I can do is chuckle.