There was an site software upgrade

rawTOP

• Administrators

Tuesday afternoon (Eastern time) I upgraded the software that runs the site. There were a bunch of things that broke when I did the upgrade, but I think things are working again. Please report any problems that started Tuesday afternoon or later in this thread. Don't report any problems that existed before Tuesday.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FFpigboi said:

Not sure if it's just me or other people also have the notification bell covered by the X button in the top menu bar. It's on chrome on my phone (android)

20200915_155820.jpg

On Chrome on my iPhone the Notifications bell is available at the bottom of the screen without needing to open the right-hand more-options slider. Does your Android system give you an option for a bottom nav bar? Mine looks like this:

7737C12F-4251-48F7-96E3-4DB30E7231D8.png.f546f5f38ae8ba69a846d60f85601176.png

• Administrators
5 hours ago, losolent said:

On IE it is very difficult to do anything, writing is black on grey background so can’t read anything unless I highlight it.  Link to my profile doesn’t work. I am using my iPad at the moment so I can send this reply.

Less than 1% of people visiting my sites use Internet Explorer. That, and the fact that it's obsolete, mean it's not a supported browser.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, losolent said:

On IE it is very difficult to do anything, writing is black on grey background so can’t read anything unless I highlight it.  Link to my profile doesn’t work. I am using my iPad at the moment so I can send this reply.

Internet Explorer has long been notorious among web designers for not supporting aspects of developing code that were clearly the trend for the future. If you’re a diehard IE user, you should at least consider upgrading to Edge, Microsoft’s newer browser, and seeing if it performs better for you.

I’m not colourblind, but the tags are simply impossible to read and the “follow topic” and “hide” options below this dialog are dark grey on a black background, making them hard to read too. 

I know grey, black and red are the site style, but some contrast options might be useful..

There notifications section has changed, for some things, that is when you hit the button that looks like the earth..it is now 2/3 of the screen with 1/3 of the screen taken up by other information but only at the top, on the rest 1/3 of the screen is blank. Not sure if this was deliberate? I don’t like this format as you have too scroll a lot more to read anything, which is no fun as you read and are excited.....

I’m using an iPad

5 hours ago, ErosWired said:

On Chrome on my iPhone the Notifications bell is available at the bottom of the screen without needing to open the right-hand more-options slider. Does your Android system give you an option for a bottom nav bar? Mine looks like this:

7737C12F-4251-48F7-96E3-4DB30E7231D8.png.f546f5f38ae8ba69a846d60f85601176.png

Yup works the same on my phone the same way. I did just want to point it out in case others don't have the same option available to them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.